• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX East 2012 Thread

hwalker84

Witcher 2: EE and Max Payne 3 are the next two big games I'm excited about, so thanks for the quick impressions!

Glad to hear Witcher 2 on 360 is looking good.
None of us thought it was the Xbox version. The person in front of us was like "hell no this isn't the Xbox version. It's just a PC with a 360 controller" so then I asked the booth lady is the Xbox version anywhere around here and she was like this is it. Much to our disbelieve until We saw the consoles behind the screens.

Fjordson

None of us thought it was the Xbox version. The person in front of us was like "hell no this isn't the Xbox version. It's just a PC with a 360 controller" so then I asked the booth lady is the Xbox version anywhere around here and she was like this is it. Much to our disbelieve until We saw the consoles behind the screens.
Fantastic. Can't wait to play it. Thanks again!

Kazerei

Banned
So what are the highlights of the exhibition hall? I spent all day in sessions and in lines. Keynote, Q&A, Vox, Mass Effect, and Extra Credit. So good.

-PXG-

Phone numbers Phone numbers Phone numbers Phone numbers Phone numbers

Pm me

Sanjuro

Pm me

We had incredable phone sex. Give this man your number. A $200 value, yours for $free!

Patryn

MJ O'Connors for drinks and dinner.

Grrrr... I am angry at them. My gf and I went by at about 6, looking to make a reservation for about 10 p.m. We were told that they don't do reservations during conventions, but we shouldn't have any problem just walking in at that hour. In fact, they looked at me funny for even asking.

Fast forward to about 9:30 p.m., when my gf let me know that they shift to a late-night menu at 10 p.m., so we go down. What do we find when we get there? That there's an hour wait for a table.

Screw that.

TriAceJP

The Square-Enix media-only conference was really good. They showed new gameplay of Hitman Absolution and had Kingdom Hearts 3D and Theatrhythm available for play.

I didn't play Kingdom Hearts but Theatrhythm was really good, definite purchase. Absolution looked amazing (per usual) and is my most anticipated game at the moment.

I'll be at the Enterence (maybe inside, if it gets too cold) at 6:30 pm tomorrow then. No Phone for me. I'll be in a 8bit Jays hat, as ActStriker has seen.

I have to say: Overall, I'm less excited about PAX than ever before. It seems like a lack of new or interesting stuff in general. The Xbox area was literally Kinect only, Nintendo's highlights are all games that are already out, the only big things are like the aforementioned Max Payne 3, Borderlands 2, Aliens, and Ghost Recon/Far Cry. Even Valve and THQ didn't even have a booth.

My highlight, frankly, have been more of the indie and smaller games.

I tried out Steel Battalion too. OH BOY. I honestly hope they can tighten up the finicky controls, but yeah, it's either the space that's breaking the connect sensor, or it's just going to be a frustrating experience where you want to go into periscope mode, and failing to do the correct action resulting in untimely death.

Cimarron

This concert was kind @ss. I wish the bands would play more videogame music. This is a videogame convention dammit. :-/

-PXG-

I'll be at the Enterence (maybe inside, if it gets too cold) at 6:30 pm tomorrow then. No Phone for me. I'll be in a 8bit Jays hat, as ActStriker has seen.
Did you ask a ground to buy you shit at the behenoth booth. I think i saw you earlier.

This concert was kind @ss. I wish the bands would play more videogame music. This is a videogame convention dammit. :-/
If that was your expectation, then you would want tomorrow night's concert with VGO, or a few years ago with groups like The OneUps. The Friday night lineup has been like this the last few years.

Mind you, this has never been billed as "a video game convention", but a general convention as a "celebration of all things geekery". I've always been disappointed in the amount of people who saw VGO on Saturday night only, and leaving at the end of the set claiming that was the highlight, when Paul and Storm + JoCo haven't even played yet.
Did you ask a ground to buy you shit at the behenoth booth. I think i saw you earlier.
Wait what?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
FIRST DAY:

Played Borderlands 2 first thing. Adam I forgot about you! I think I actually talked to you, then you passed me onto someone else. Do you just have a 2K badge?
Yo this game is good. It will be amazing. Running on PC with 360 pad. Shotgun fucking one hitting all day. Dual wielding shotgun and acid rocket launcher. I want it.

Played Farcry 3 MP. Just a shitty MW3 clone with gimped perks and killstreaks.

Went to Firefall booth, played some, got filmed, tried to explain things after lack and poor amounts of sleep, wasn't sure if mic was picking me up. I think it went bad, but whatever.
Game plays great, lots of positive responses from people.
Talked to Scott the lead gameplay dev (Tribes), and a ton of other guys there.

Visited Trendy's (Dungeon Defenders) booth, got invited to something nice, walked out with a very nice signed piece of framed art. Chatted the CEO up, really good down to earth guy.

Visited a ton of hardware vendors at PAX and talked it up. Played Crysis 2 at 100FPS on tri SLI GTX680's from StealthMachines. Big respect for MSI actually sending a knowledgeable person out, I got cop out answers from most of the vendors. Corsair and eVGA also good. FSP was also nice to chat up with... partly since no one was at their booth. They had working Ivy Bridge mobile at the Intel setup.

Nabbed a LoL code.

PAX swag has some Magic deck, free copy of RIFT.

Met: Artosis, JP, Markman, Jared, Hitmonchan, DJWheat, ton of Firefall guys
*Also, no one at this convention knows what NeoGAF is. Evilore are you even trying?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yeah...I went to the madcatz booth and markman was nowhere to be found
Tuff. text me bro. you got pm.

He said some MCZ DMG players might be around tomorrow. I know there's UMvC3 and AE and SFxT tournies some time or another.

Anybody check out Dust: An Elysian Tale? Giantbomb guys talked about it a bit, would like to hear a more in depth impression if anyone has one. Entire thing made by one guy who had never done any work on video games,(and it sounded like he had never done any programming either but wasn't sure) and he basically made his dream game with all the stuff he likes about games packed in.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Anybody check out Dust: An Elysian Tale? Giantbomb guys talked about it a bit, would like to hear a more in depth impression if anyone has one. Entire thing made by one guy who had never done any work on video games,(and it sounded like he had never done any programming either but wasn't sure) and he basically made his dream game with all the stuff he likes about games packed in.
Oh shit I knew there was something I forgot. I was excited to hear it was there, but I did not see it anywhere. I saw a fair amount of XBL stuff and XBLA, but not that title.

Pollux

I'd be up to do something tonight after I drop my stuff off and get some food in me

Tomorrow after expo hall closes

What time does it close? I'm not attending PAX just the meet up since I have a ton of work to get done.

Have we picked a place yet?

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
FIRST DAY:

Played Borderlands 2 first thing. Adam I forgot about you! I think I actually talked to you, then you passed me onto someone else. Do you just have a 2K badge?
Yo this game is good. It will be amazing. Running on PC with 360 pad. Shotgun fucking one hitting all day. Dual wielding shotgun and acid rocket launcher. I want it.

Asian guy with black frame glasses is me. I have a pink expo pass and a Gearbox Software badge as opposed to 2K. Tomorrow I'll be wearing a grey button down with a Borderlands vault symbol on the top (my left) chest area.

Glad you enjoyed the game. Jakobs shotgun on Sal is soooo good :)

Feel free to stop by gaffers. Let me know who you are. I can get you in :)

Our line was pretty insane. In fact.. our line was the longest in the show! Great to see all our fans. A:CM had a nice line as well!

Lots to prep for the panel. BuddyC and I are churning out some awesome stuff. Hope you guys can make it :)

bounchfx

I will totally take you up on that tomorrow Adam, I'm dying to play it. One of my friends is a level designer there. Sad that he couldn't make it to pax, but pumped to finally see some stuff!

-PXG-

Asian guy with black frame glasses is me. I have a pink expo pass and a Gearbox Software badge as opposed to 2K. Tomorrow I'll be wearing a grey button down with a Borderlands vault symbol on the top (my left) chest area.

Our line was pretty insane. In fact.. our line was the longest in the show! Great to see all our fans. A:CM had a nice line as well!

Lots to prep for the panel. BuddyC and I are churning out some awesome stuff. Hope you guys can make it :)
That Asian guy was you? Goddamn. I'm coming mad early tomorrow. Hook me up son.

I'll be the light skinned brother wearing a white and navy blue button down. Might wear a red paisley tie, and dark gray dress pant with a tan messenger bag.

See you tomorrow

SparkTR

Could somebody stop by the Natural Selection 2 booth and pick me up a DLC card (there's a code on it)? I'll give you an internet high five.

Fjordson

Jesus, is Rockstar's booth multiple stories tall? Brother-in-law sent me a picture and it looks huge.

Sounds like Borderlands 2 and Max Payne 3 had the biggest lines. Super jealous of anyone that gets to play both of those.

Lucario

I'm going to make myself incredibly easy for GAFfers to spot tomorrow, since I likely won't be in a large group like I was most of today.

See the girl in the Magic dress? I'm the teenager with purple hair next to her. Done.

(also, first day was pretty awesome.)

I really should cosplay as a character so I could be easy to spot, I had the best idea for it too, but I thought of it in line at max payne so it's too late.

I thought of going as captain falcon but in a dirty bum like status and holding a "Give me work Nintendo" or "out of work since 2004" or "2004 was 8 years ago" sign, stupid yes but it's original :p

FIRST DAY:

Played Farcry 3 MP. Just a shitty MW3 clone with gimped perks and killstreaks.

Went to Firefall booth, played some, got filmed, tried to explain things after lack and poor amounts of sleep, wasn't sure if mic was picking me up. I think it went bad, but whatever.
Game plays great, lots of positive responses from people.
Talked to Scott the lead gameplay dev (Tribes), and a ton of other guys there.

Visited Trendy's (Dungeon Defenders) booth, got invited to something nice, walked out with a very nice signed piece of framed art. Chatted the CEO up, really good down to earth guy.

Visited a ton of hardware vendors at PAX and talked it up. Played Crysis 2 at 100FPS on tri SLI GTX680's from StealthMachines. Big respect for MSI actually sending a knowledgeable person out, I got cop out answers from most of the vendors. Corsair and eVGA also good. FSP was also nice to chat up with... partly since no one was at their booth. They had working Ivy Bridge mobile at the Intel setup.

Nabbed a LoL code.

PAX swag has some Magic deck, free copy of RIFT.

Met: Artosis, JP, Markman, Jared, Hitmonchan, DJWheat, ton of Firefall guys
*Also, no one at this convention knows what NeoGAF is. Evilore are you even trying?

Haz is makin' it rain.

I am up far too late (or am far too tired) to think of a reasonable cool thing to post.

I'd definitely take you up on that offer , I'll keep an eye out for you :D

*line cuts 887847488565468688 people* then gets jumped after :( :p

I hope to play Aliens and far cry today, maybe go see AC3 , those lines were killer, also more nintendo cards and posters :D

What was wrong with them in your opinion?

Think it was because I was playing the PS3 version, I kept hitting the weapon wheel when intending to aim and bullet time when firing lol, damn all PS3 games for doing the opposite for years, I finally got aim and shoot on the triggers and messed up, I'll try the 360 version today.

I think the line took forever because lots of people were dying a lot, I took a peak when working towards the stations and saw some deaths

Noogy

Oh shit I knew there was something I forgot. I was excited to hear it was there, but I did not see it anywhere. I saw a fair amount of XBL stuff and XBLA, but not that title.

I'm showing Dust: An Elysian Tail in Microsoft's booth, #524. I'm sandwiched between Minecraft and Deadlight, so please say hi if you find your way there :)

And thanks everyone who has come by and checked the game out. It's been surreal finally having it out there!

-PXG-

I'm showing Dust: An Elysian Tail in Microsoft's booth, #524. I'm sandwiched between Minecraft and Deadlight, so please say hi if you find your way there :)

And thanks everyone who has come by and checked the game out. It's been surreal finally having it out there!
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa....

You're the the dude who is making that game?

You realize how amazing it looks?

I'm definitely coming to see it.

-PXG-

Oh and phone numbers please. Pm them to me. One you get on the floor, it will be too hard to coordinate through the thread.

Easier via text.

Oh the meetup is tonight. I can make reservations at mjs just let me know

Hero

Alright GAF let's do more damage. Coming to see all of you who said you are at booths an stuff. Will be wearing a thread less Space Invaders shirt where they are taking strategy lessons from a chalkboard.

Remember meet up is approximately a half hour after the expo hall closes at the inside entrance area. If people wish to take the meet up elsewhere after that I'm all for it.

Top Bottom