• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John Dunsworth, Jim Lahey of Trailer Park Boys, Has Died

Tagyhag

Fuck this hits hard. He looked good in the last season I would never have suspected there was anything wrong. I am having a drink tonight for Lahey. RIP

Yeah apparently it was a short and unexpected illness. Human life can be fucked.

Jim Lahey: You know whats at work here? Its shit tectonics. When two shit plates strike and come together under incredible pressure, what happens Bubbs?

Bubbles: What Mr Lahey?

Jim Lahey: ...Shit-quake.

DJMicLuv

Ahhh no! That's shitty. He was fucking hilarious and an integral part of what makes TPB so consistently amazing.

RIP Liquor Smurf.

Oh shit. RIP.

Is TPB getting another season? As much as it fits Lahey it sucks IMO that his final moments on the show is
him succumbing to the booze and losing his mind.
Not sure if spoilers are warranted but I'm keeping it there if anyone reading hasn't watched.

ED: just checked and yeah.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
wtf... this out of fucking no where.

Literally my favorite character on one of my favorite shows of all time. He was absolutely brilliant. God damn fuck...

My heart goes out to the family. He seemed like a really swell guy off-camera too.

Zemm

He was so fucking good at playing a drunk that I still don't know if he was acting (and if so, that is some top tier shit) or legit drunk. Either way he'll be missed, brilliant actor and one of the funniest characters on TV ever.

hoserx

He was so fucking good at playing a drunk that I still don't know if he was acting (and if so, that is some top tier shit) or legit drunk. Either way he'll be missed, brilliant actor and one of the funniest characters on TV ever.

He very rarely drank in real life, to the point where I'm pretty sure he hadn't for a long time.

Aces&Eights

TPB is the first show I ever binged. My ex turned me onto the first season years ago and I could not stop laughing. Watched the whole season in a day and a half. From there, I could never get enough of Jim Lahey. Holy shit, the guy was such a good actor and had a natural physical comedy presence that tops any actor I know. This sucks so much.

Propane Propane

This was a legitimate punch to the gut.

Lahey is one of my favorite characters in TV-history - so completely out there, yet so easy to like and root for; an absolutely brilliant showcase of good acting. I have never seen somebody act "completely shit-faced to the point of mental breakdown" as well as Mr. Dunsworth.

And add to that the fragility Dunsworth brought to the role - Lahey was beloved because he felt real. And you could always see the bleeding, golden heart behind the drunken posturing, which made you want to hug the character and pick him up from the ground again and again. That's an award-worthy feat right there.

God speed, John. I didn't know you personally, but heck, I thought I got to know you a bit through your portrayal of Jim Lahey.

You ARE the liquor, my man.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I never really cared for trailer park boys, but Jim Lahey was the shining turd on the pile that was shit mountain.

RIP.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Lahey is an absolute GOAT character played to absolute perfection. Really hard to imagine the show continuing without him.

The winds of shit are a blowing.

I have been watching TPB since it first aired on Showtime here in Canada many many years ago. I am in shock. This is so unexpected. I don't know how the show continues without him. Really sad for Sarah and the rest of the crew.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
You know he was a great comedic actor and funny guy all around when I can read through this thread and have people cracking lines from the show and I still chuckle in such a sad thread. So many great and hilarious moments from him. He very well may have made me laugh more and harder than most others out there. He still is the liquor!

Sheroking

Fuck that's depressing.

CX1c6Ko.gif

If there was ever a list of characters that made a show that much better, he belongs on that list. Without Lahey Tpb wouldnt be what it is.

I don't know how the show can go on now.

Top Bottom