• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup 2017 Finals [OT]- To Catch a Predator

Maelstorm1226

Neo Member
What an insane game 7 last night. The Pens stayed with it and came through in the end.

Really looking forward to this Stanley Cup Final, the Preds are a dangerous team. Should be a fun final all around.

Let's Go Pens!! Good luck to the Preds!

I don't like Ottawa based on a few different factors. While I would have probably still pushed for them to win if they were up against any other US team, I have to go for Pittsburgh because Crosby is from my neighborhood. Gotta root for the local guy... it certainly helps that he's also the best player in the league.

Look at this good Maritime kid 👍 If Nashville wasn't in the SCF I'd would cheer for Pittsburgh too. But it being Subban and I'm a Habs fan..... I have to cheer for PK

https://streamable.com/ejq24
jaQBW59.gif

We'll be there soon enough.

Going to be tough stopping the Jets/Leafs/Oilers/Flames in the coming years. Also Price may win one by himself. Sens also have a few quality guys coming through their system so they're in a good position (outside of being in a nightmare division)

After this year's performmance, I'm starting to doubt that... He'll need an overal better team in front of him.

Those kids deserve it more than the Montreal media themselves.

Oh, no doubt!

And I really think PK is a genuine guy. His overall personality is too much for many jealous people to bear. Remember when he let a tear shed when he played his first game back in MTL. This guy is for real.

Team PK!

Pens fan, what a night. I'm exhausted at work this morning after watching the game and not being able to fall asleep until after 1am.

I know this may sound biased, but if pens pull this off(which I believe they can and would love to have it be on home ice) they have to one the most injury riddled teams in recent memory to win the cup.

bill0527

Yeah, at least I respect you guys and other than Crosby's bitch fits, the dude flat out balls. The Predators dirty plays with players like Shea Weber pissed me off more than anything.

So I don't hope you guys win (good luck), but I hope the Predators lose.

Who are the Predators dirty players? Weber isn't on the team anymore. About the only other one I think you can make a case for is James Neal.

edit: Maybe Cody McLeod and Vern Fiddler, but they've only been on the team about half the year and they honestly don't play much buried on the 4th line.

Socreges, I think we can both agree it was critical for the Pens to activate Justin Schultz for game seven. One goal and one assist. #blessed

Yup, especially with the power play. Having no real offensive defensemen makes things super painful.

I wonder if Kessel will find his shot again soon? He's been missing the net by a mile after being a sniper for the first round or two.

what? was my post too much?

sorry but i have zero respect for a professional hockey team that couldn't score a goal on over 50 minutes of PP. that is such a horrendous display of incompetence that they are basically ruining the sport or at the very least the league. the Senators should play somewhere else. well luckily they aren't playing anywhere for many months but i don't think that's sufficient.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Been a fan of the Preds since their inception here in Nashville. Been to a lot of playoff games...some awesome...some heart breaking. Seems unreal they're in the finals. I always said if they made it to the finals I would go to at least one game...and then I saw the ticket prices.

What are the prices out of curiosity?

Rumors that Crosby will consider retiring if they win this year, for the good of his health. I'd really respect that, but don't think he's nearly that smart. He has no chance at any major records, so he might as well win one more, get into the HoF easily and be able to remember his own name when he's 60.

Cake Boss

Banned
what? was my post too much?

sorry but i have zero respect for a professional hockey team that couldn't score a goal on over 50 minutes of PP. that is such a horrendous display of incompetence that they are basically ruining the sport or at the very least the league. the Senators should play somewhere else. well luckily they aren't playing anywhere for many months but i don't think that's sufficient.

Karl%20mock_zpsev39hyq5.gif

Rumors that Crosby will consider retiring if they win this year, for the good of his health. I'd really respect that, but don't think he's nearly that smart. He has no chance at any major records, so he might as well win one more, get into the HoF easily and be able to remember his own name when he's 60.

I don't think Sid is going to retire that would be ridiculous. He's still the best player in the NHL. Where did you get this misinformation?

Futureman

have there been any NHL players that have shown bad effects from concussions later in life? How is Lindros?

I feel like in the NFL, there's gotta be concussions on nearly every play. Sid has had some bad ones but only 4 or so over his career.

also this post is kinda ridiculous overall. How would anyone know that Crosby is considering retirement and how do you know that he's not smart?

Yawnier

Banned
If this doesn't move you right down to the soles of your feet I don't know what you're doing in here. I'd sooner see the fucking Panthers win a cup than any other Canadian team. Fuck: Ottawa, Montreal, Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary and especially double fuck the Peg.
Amen

purg3

slept with Malkin
Recovering from last night.

LET'S DO THIS.

Shout out to Sef, congrats. It's been a long time coming for your preds.

What? Nah. Crosby has been pretty healthy since 2013, other than the odd puck to the teeth or minor issue. I feel like I have to repeat this all the time but Crosby was out for so long because he had a neck injury that was misdiagnosed as a concussion. Once they discovered that and fixed it, he's been fine.

Top Bottom