• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer's next cover is Assassin's Creed: Origins [Up: All details inside]

jett

D-Member
Looking at the pyramids... Shouldn't they be covered entirely in limestone?

edit: maybe they are and they just don't look it from these pictures, I guess.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I like it too, gets me really excited to explore all that.

Ikr? swimming in the water and playing with that cute hippo
and then get killed by it

I'm getting pretty excited for it but i have to see gameplay first, it's Ubisoft we're talking about here so i'm trying not to get too hyped for now, but so far it sounds great.

The game sounds really good, at least on paper. I'm not one of those people who boycott an entire company because ONE game doesn't have a playable woman. I put gameplay and gameplay design before the PC's sex. As a female the sex of the PC does not bother me, and only in rare exceptions does the PC's sex genuinely effect the game in a positive light, such as the Tomb Raider series.

Male, female or a 10 foot dragon with pink bat wings smoking a pipe - I don't care - just give me a good AC game that will have me playing it for years to come!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's your opinion and you should express it as a personnal judgement, not an universal and definitive truth.

I think you'll find he agrees. It's not necessary for people to stamp "IMO" all over their post.

scans of the cover/promo material is ok but not inside pages lol

Posting content that is behind a paywall, be it physical (e.g. an article in a magazine) or digital (e.g. the same article in a digital version of said magazine) is not permitted for the very simple reason that, unless an exception has been granted or otherwise made, readers/viewers are not authorised to redistribute the content free-of-charge. Neither covers nor marketing materials fall under that umbrella. Similarly, reposting non-paywalled articles in their entirety is also discouraged as doing so potentially deprives the source of revenue.

RPGCrazied

Also, since Origins is in the title do you think they want newcomers to join in? The story really is complicated with all the games.

Stranya

Also, since Origins is in the title do you think they want newcomers to join in? The story really is complicated with all the games.
They absolutely want to. Starting at the start means newcomers don't need to have any prior knowledge, they can explore the earlier games after, if they want to.

Honestly, I hope they keep all cross-media information and characters away from this. I don't follow the shitty comics and don't want to have to go look on Wikipedia to find out what I've missed about a certain character. Hopefully everyone involved (looking at you modern day) is introduced for the very first time in the game. That means no Charlotte de la Cruz our whoever the fuck.

Stranya

Honestly, I hope they keep all cross-media information and characters away from this. I don't follow the shitty comics and don't want to have to go look on Wikipedia to find out what I've missed about a certain character. Hopefully everyone involved (looking at you modern day) is introduced for the very first time in the game. That means no Charlotte de la Cruz our whoever the fuck.
No offence, but as a huge fan of the cross media stuff, I'd like the exact opposite :) I think it's more likely to be in your favour, tho, as this seems to be a soft reboot.

kaskade

The details all sounds pretty promising and definitely the biggest revamp of the series. Curious to see a gameplay demo of this.

iNvid02

Probably in the minority here but everytime they've *tried* to do something more ambitious with bigger titles like AC3 or Unity, despite the result being far from perfect, I've always liked it a lot, moreso than stuff like Black flag. #hype

njean777

I am interested, though I hope the crafting system isn't very time consuming. I am not a huge fan of crafting systems in games.

Assassin's Creed Origins huh? That's what we're going with?

Game looks like it could be dope tho and I do want to climb around the library of alexandria.

Probably in the minority here but everytime they've *tried* to do something more ambitious with bigger titles like AC3 or Unity, despite the result being far from perfect, I've always liked it a lot, moreso than stuff like Black flag. #hype
This is from the same director as Black Flag

Buttons for free-running up and down are removed

cat-angry-cat-nooooo.jpg

The best part of Unity/Syndicate! Why!? Man, they better be replacing it with a system that's significantly better, because if they think going back to the previous parkour system is a good idea...

Alastor3

The worst part of this reveal is holy shit why did you use the subtitle Origin.

Like, holy shit are you joking

I really don't see what's the big deal here, it's the origin of the brotherhood, and naming a game serie zero or origins mean that fans who haven't played the others games can follow the story perfectly from there.

Hint: Yakuza 0

cackhyena

Same.

How is it even remotely possible that absolutely zero of the scorpio specific details on this game, from the same gameinformer, made it into the OP?

Those details are great. After Brotherhood, I didn't like next Assassin's Creeds (didn't play Unity), but this leaks are so good. It seems that this version is more realistic and that's what I was looking for.

Sn4ke_911

How is it even remotely possible that absolutely zero of the scorpio specific details on this game, from the same gameinformer, made it into the OP?

if you can post them i will gladly add your quote to the OP.

Have these details been specified? I've not heard them.

It's kind of weird for the OP to have just "scorpio optimized" because they say quite a bit more. Specifics on resolution, framerate among other things. I could understand if the OP was devoid of details at all, but just about everything is there..

Oh well, who cares, just thought it was weird.

iNvid02

This is from the same director as Black Flag

Yeah i figured . Dont have an issue with that though because it does seem like origins is going down the same path as stuff like AC3 and Unity, whereas it felt like black flag was always meant to be an iterative game, which i guess is a testament to the director/that team because they did make it feel fresh to many people

GeoramA

This sounds fantastic. October is looking really expensive already and we haven't even had any official E3 announcements yet.

Gradly

I haven't read the whole posts here to know if someone mentioned that but I read that they tested the Scorpio version and it
was running on a more consistent 30 fps even on 4K compared to a PC demo but it was hard to figure out any noticeable improvements especially the screen was small

Also they mentioned that it took the team several weeks to port to Scorpio only to tell how easy was that

if you can post them i will gladly add your quote to the OP.

Assassin's Creed Origins is among the first gamest to support Microsoft's ne Scorpio console, and we got some hand-on time with it so see if the game is noticably improved on the more powerful hardware. On PC, our demo was running at fairly steady 30 FPS. On Scorpio, the framerate felt more consistent, even at 4K resolutions. Other than that, it was difficult to see a huge improvement in our demo. The monitor was fairly small, so unless we pressed our faces against its glass we'd be hard-pressed to notice a tremendous difference from the standard version we'd been playing earlier.
Ubisoft said it got the game running within weeks of receiving their development kits, which speaks to the ease at which developers may be able to get their games ported to Scorpio. It's important to note that both version of the games are still being optimized, so what we experienced may not reflect the final product. Still, it was great to see a game running on the new hardware, even if it's ultimately too soon to make anything close to a final verdict.

#

If Scorpio can run at a legitimate native 4K, the Pro should be able to hit 1440p, and the PS4 and probably Xbox One versions could hit 1080p.

Probably:

4k on Scorpio (Native or Checkerboard)
1800p on Pro (Perhaps 1800c if Watchdogs 2 runs on similar tech)
1080p On PS4
900p on Xbone

Sn4ke_911

I really like Ba Yek's design.

And you can have a goddamn eagle on your shoulder, how cool is that?

2017-06-1015_57_25-asy7okn.png

Truant

Can we please get a character that will last a couple of games now? I feel like they're trying to get another Ezio going, but they always fuck it up. I'm ready to accept Ba Yek if he's good.

Carbonox

Wow this sounds amazing. I'm liking everything I'm reading. I have bought each AC game but haven't thoroughly enjoyed one since Black Flag.

emag

Looking forward to this. Tombs, plot set-up, and music were what made AC2 shine. Hoping they nail at least two of those here.

I played all the ezio trilogy, tried to play 3 but it was an unoptimized mess. It is worthy to play it to give a closure to the desmond saga?

Also, are Unity and Syndicate worthy? Im interested on the french revolution setting but don't know if the gameplay is there. also, I hope that those games aren't directly connected like the desmond saga

Origins sounds cool though

No
No
Not connected

Rogue is the only post-Ezio game worth playing.

Top Bottom