• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Magnus

I hit Broken Isles Pathfinder Part I yesterday on my main (priest), and then suddenly lost all motivation to do anything outside of raid/mythic5. I could dabble in PVP, but that's never gone well as a priest in the last 12 years.

WQs seem TOTALLY unappealing now outside of the daily emissary BS for a chance at a legendary. The AP grind feels endless, so I'm not grinding WQs for anything now - AP, Order Resources, etc. I'll get it with time. Not feeling an urge to rush.

So. Yeah. The month-long addiction is slowly subsiding.

I'm heavy into alt territory now and really having fun with the vastly different experience on some of my alts. Demon Hunter feels AWESOME. Just hit 103. Am totally in love with the speed, style, power, and AOE capabilities of the class. This may be my main alt instead of the mage or paladin for the first time in a decade, haha.

I did one of those end dungeons to finish a zone on my hunter and my pet kept pulling aggro from the tank, despite being set to ferocity and growl wasn't even an ability on the pet bar. What was the problem?

Xeteh

I did one of those end dungeons to finish a zone on my hunter and my pet kept pulling aggro from the tank, despite being set to ferocity and growl wasn't even an ability on the pet bar. What was the problem?

Check in your pet's spellbook, growl can be enabled while not on the bar.

M.D

When am I going to get that legendary? I'm raiding plus doing multiple mythic pluses every day, even beat our record and got 3 chests for the first time and still nothing.

Epix

Why would you want to do that? If anything it should be MORE detailed and provide Spec, rather than just Class.

Becuase elitists will decline invitations from 860 geared dps if their class doens't top the World of Logs Method guild dps charts.

Are 11-man/woman raid groups a rarity? I remember at the beginning of wod bosses weren't tuned very well for low # groups. I just know that dragons were wrecking us last night and we weren't sure why

Apathy

They reallly need to fix the issue of getting combat in the broken isles when there is absolutely nothing around. It is really bugging the hell out of me

StMeph

Becuase elitists will decline invitations from 860 geared dps if their class doens't top the World of Logs Method guild dps charts.

When 10+ DPS respond to any given listing and no other information is presented about someone other than item level and class/spec, what do you expect people to do? Default to the safest possible pick.

The only way I would take someone with a lower item level or out-of-meta spec that I also do not personally know would be if I could easily view his raid history to know his experience level.

Strimei

Once your AK gets up there it won't be too bad.

Yeah I was thinking about this. I'm in no hurry at this point and letting my AK accrue a bit to make things better.

edit: The hell? Getting the nobleman's coat (or other similar items) from the Darkmoon Faire doesn't unlock across all your characters? Seriously?

I think the ''requirements'' for ilvl and specific class has gotten a bit out of hand.

I was on a group forming for NORMAL MYTHIC DHT and the leader was waiting to find a 860+ hunter or something. Like, god damn man, it takes ten times longer to find a person like that compared to what time you save with the extra dps.

Unless you are running M+10 or whatever just get them dudes in. I've run a bunch of speedruns with bottom of the barrel specs like Ele Shamans and it's always been fine.

Apathy

If i start a group and need dps, I get dozens of people wanting in. I get my choice of what I deem best for the run to go as smoothly as possible combined with what I already have in the group. There is nothing elitist about declining you. Get over yourself. If you dont like getting declined, start up your own group

Loxley

Hot damn, just did a series of low-level PUG dungeons to level an alt and our tank had that bugged Spear of Rethu - we fucking cleaned house. I could barely get an attack off before he killed everything in sight. I gained ten levels in barely over an hour o_O

Tenebrous

If i start a group and need dps, I get dozens of people wanting in. I get my choice of what I deem best for the run to go as smoothly as possible combined with what I already have in the group. There is nothing elitist about declining you. Get over yourself. If you dont like getting declined, start up your own group

Pretty much.

The fault is Blizzard's, but not for the attitudes of the people in the dungeon finder (well, that's also their fault). The trouble is playing tank/healer isn't incentivized enough in PuG content, so we're stuck with too many hybrids that don't do anything but DPS.

scy

Man, my only real concern with people is if they're relaxed. I can't really care too much beyond that.

Are 11-man/woman raid groups a rarity? I remember at the beginning of wod bosses weren't tuned very well for low # groups. I just know that dragons were wrecking us last night and we weren't sure why

Don't know how rare they are but I've been doing Normal / Heroic EN (7/7, 6/7) as basically ~10-12 man groups. Anything in particular throwing things off on attempts? Best I could tell most of it seemed undertuned rather than overtuned but I don't know how bad things are for the healers.

Apathy

seriously, fuck the water in cenarius' room. This whole expansion so far has had more bugs in it than any other one that I can recall

Epix

Haha. WoW needs of less of you guys for sure.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
As a DH tank, I lower my bar for regular mythics on purpose (830-835) so undergeared players get a chance at gear progression.

Fjordson

I think the ''requirements'' for ilvl and specific class has gotten a bit out of hand.

I was on a group forming for NORMAL MYTHIC DHT and the leader was waiting to find a 860+ hunter or something. Like, god damn man, it takes ten times longer to find a person like that compared to what time you save with the extra dps.

Unless you are running M+10 or whatever just get them dudes in. I've run a bunch of speedruns with bottom of the barrel specs like Ele Shamans and it's always been fine.
Yeah, it's rough. Up to 843 now and I still routinely get rejected from mythics. Not keystones, just regular mythics.

Loving the expansion, but item level makes it a bit difficult to do PvE content these days without a dedicated group / full guild. Haven't been playing as much this past week because of it.

Magnus

It's time.
Stormheim time.
:[

Great zone. I was sour on it at first because I chose it first on launch day and it seemed like my friends were just flying through Val and Aszuna, but later I learned the core Stormheim story is just a bit longer. Love it now. That music!

M.D

Took down Xavius (normal) on a second try with a pug and someone traded me the necklace I needed. Not bad!

Robin64

They reallly need to fix the issue of getting combat in the broken isles when there is absolutely nothing around. It is really bugging the hell out of me

0comBhz.gif

Son1x

After running EN normal weekly as well as mythics and a few mythic + in between I finaly have a 860 piece. My ilvl is 852 but most of the stuff is vanilla 850 or some weak warforged mythic 845.

WQs haven't been helpful either. Mostly no upgrades or at best a socket or 5 ilvls. If I'm lucky I get the same ilvl as my current piece with worse stats.

v1perz53

Check in your pet's spellbook, growl can be enabled while not on the bar.

The worst trolly move blizzard ever played on new hunters was making Growl not be one of the default 3(4?) abilities on the pet action bar... and in the expansion of frontal cone and ground based AoE no less. Thankfully marks usually is petless and surv doesn't exist, so at least half the time with a hunter there's no pet taunting happening. Also, my rule is I will ask hunters nicely 3 times to turn pet taunt off 2x via whisper then 1x in party chat. No answer after 3 tries, I am starting a vote to kick, it is just so much more deadly now than it used to be to leave taunt on.

If you're making your own groups, especially mythic+, spec still matters. Plenty of dungeons where you really don't want a full melee group, and plenty of times I specifically look for a spec good at AoE to complement the mostly ST DPS specs already in group, or wanna grab a lust class/battle rez class. Nothing malicious about it, but proper group comp still matters a lot in this game, and if your solution punishes legitimate players it is a bad solution.

My very casual guild just tried Emerald Nightmare normal for the first time, only 11 of us. Got Nythendra, Ursoc and Dragons down before alcohol-induced tiredness kicked in. Sooo late to the raiding game but it was fun.

All that red and black is pretty uninspiring, though...

Lanrutcon

Picking the highest ilevel for your party? Fair enough.

But.

When you start a group and ask for 840 for a base Mythic you're playing it safe.

When you ask for an 850 for a base Mythic you're probably incredibly scared of failing and really value your time. To each their own.

But when you ask for 860 for a base mythic? well sir, you're part of a problem that you probably won't even admit exists. These guys can go fuck right off and the game would be better for it.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Picking the highest ilevel for your party? Fair enough.

But.

When you start a group and ask for 840 for a base Mythic you're playing it safe.

When you ask for an 850 for a base Mythic you're probably incredibly scared of failing and really value your time. To each their own.

But when you ask for 860 for a base mythic? well sir, you're part of a problem that you probably won't even admit exists. These guys can go fuck right off and the game would be better for it.

Make your own group.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I can also use Leatherworking to make pants, and fish up baby murlocs, and send mail to other players.

Just like your suggestion, these activities have nothing to do with what I said.

Yeah they do, it's all stuff that you can do that doesn't affect other people at all.

Why does their ilevel requirement affect you at all?

Lanrutcon

Yeah they do, it's all stuff that you can do that doesn't affect other people at all.

Why does their ilevel requirement affect you at all?

It doesn't have to.

Still says miles about someone when they need a 40 ilevel buffer to run a mythic +0. There's comfortable, and then there's sad.

Talents

Banned
The Archaeology spear is so fun. level 42 and solo killing dungeons and killing bosses in 2 hits as Surv Hunter

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
It doesn't have to.

Still says miles about someone when they need a 40 ilevel buffer to run a mythic +0. There's comfortable, and then there's sad.

lol. You've regressed from pouty entitlement to full blown fantasy land there. Careful.

No one wants to overgear a mythic dungeon because they can't handle the mechanics, their gear didn't float in from no where in the first place, they probably do Mythic+ to get to that point. It's all a matter of speed and convenience. It's simply a lot easier to do the dungeon in a few big pulls than it is to charity case someone who is -20 ilevels of the group.

Unless they're a DH or Hunter, those classes can usually contribute regardless for the most part. ST classes don't really speed up a dungeon so much and aren't really worth.

Talents

Banned
Sounds fun as hell. I've never done Arch. before, how long would it take to get that? lol

Took me like 40 mins. 15 mins for the archaeology parts, then I had to queue and find a group for Neltharions Lair and kill the boss at the end and collect the item at the end.

Top Bottom