• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us about to go gold

GeoramA

It was supposed to come out 8 days ago. Damn delay.

Oh well, should be the best horror summer game since Siren: Blood Curse back in '08.

Loudninja

yRx8qFR.png

https://twitter.com/MattKamen/status/332544739981291520
Been playing the same build. It's good.
My preview is going online at the same time.

As someone who likes Uncharted, this is even better in my opinion. Can't say more, but the ND quality is showing. The delay was probably worth it.

Got to wait until Friday for more impressions.

Thanks Dawg :p

Andrew.

Banned
What Im looking forward to the most is that Friday release date. My hype was raised after reading those spoilers a couple weeks ago, but since then it has died down yet again.

Dont understand why more games dont release on Fridays. It's payday for a lot of people and you got the weekend right there so that should garner more sales automatically.

Maxxan

Wiiieee! Needs more Ron Paul Gifs!

Btw. How long is it usually between games going gold and review copies being sent out?

Dawg

Wiiieee! Needs more Ron Paul Gifs!

Btw. How long is it usually between games going gold and review copies being sent out?

Depends on the publiser, I've had review copies one week before release and copies about a month before release. Gravity Rush and Soul Sacrifice are two of my recent sony titles and I had gravity rush like a month in advance, but that was a download and not a disc.

Knoxcore

I don't want to get hyped for this game. I'm excited, but holding back my hype. I was hyped for Drake's Deception and was a little let down (still one of the best games this generation btw).

I think there is so much potential for this to be a letdown. The stuff I've seen so far looks great, I'm just not entirely sure about the gameplay.

I'm still worried about the multiplayer. It's pretty much guaranteed there will be issues with it at launch, even if it's just of the connection variety.

Paskil

This year is amazeballs. I feel like my hype levels for PS4 cannot be sustained. Looking forward to XBOX announce. So much good stuff already announced for this year. E3 so soon, not sure my heart can survive E3.

I'm coming home from my vacation early because I don't want to risk UPS leaving my special edition on the doorstep (BETTER NOT LET ME DOWN ON RELEASE DATE SHIPPING AMAZON.)

Last week I posted in another thread that it was probably going gold this week.
Glad to hear it's finally done.
Congrats ND.

Man

It might still need to go through SCE validation though where it might bounce back but yeah, they're done until they are told otherwise.

Nibel

And the media black out continues successfully for me :)

Congratulations Naughty Dog, pre-ordered this months ago

I really like the way ND handled this game. The fact that we only have selective snippets that is designed to incite contention in many threads is probably what they were going for in the first place and then have the reviews lay the SMACKDOWN to the dissenters which (if all goes according to plan) would be a genius form of marketing that will get people to start talking about it relentlessly.

Top Bottom