• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppyseed

Yeah, once you insert an sd card everything saves to that and you can't transfer stuff back and forth. Dumb, I know. If you want to save something to the system you need to remove the sd card then put it back in after. Hopefully this gets patched in an update later.

Huh? Game files are on the SD Card. SAVE files are on the internal memory.

coughlanio

Playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe all train ride to Gatwick Airport, I still struggle to come to terms with the fact that Nintendo Switch is an actual thing that exists. A Nintendo console that plays better than Wii U games on the go, from an SD Card. Instead of waiting for my return home to be able to play the latest Nintendo game, I can just grab it with me.

Less than a year ago we suspected that the hybrid aspect would be playing baby-versions of the game on the go, because console power on a portable seemed impossible. It's utterly mindblowing.

Hopping on a flight to HK in a few hours, got my Switch, Zelda, MK8 and a battery pack in tow. It's a game changer for sure.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe all train ride to Gatwick Airport, I still struggle to come to terms with the fact that Nintendo Switch is an actual thing that exists. A Nintendo console that plays better than Wii U games on the go, from an SD Card. Instead of waiting for my return home to be able to play the latest Nintendo game, I can just grab it with me.

Less than a year ago we suspected that the hybrid aspect would be playing baby-versions of the game on the go, because console power on a portable seemed impossible. It's utterly mindblowing.

I'm sure when wiiU came out there were posts from people wishing they could take the gamepad with them, and replies saying it simply wasn't possible to get that much power in a portable. And here we are - not much later

I wish I was playing Mario Kart on the train but I can't because the kids are both still deep into Zelda (I've finished it finally) so I'm not allowed to remove it from the house :p

Which goes to how how underpowered the Wii U was.

FinalAres

They did. They leave just enough time to ensure that people are thirsty by the time the next heavy hitter comes around.

Literally just opening my wallet every other month ;-;
They've done extremely well in terms of major titles, but overall the drip feed is slow. They'd really benefit from virtual console at this point.

...and so would I

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
MK8 Deluxe running in my hands is comparable to 4K content running ony TV. It tastes like the future,
while it lasts.

jonno394

Someone should make a thread out of all the slides but damn at that gender split...

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2017/170428_2e.pdf

jMNo1QV.png

Shahadan

So HD Rumble is essentially itsfuckingnothing.gif...?

I'm 'experiencing' it for the first time now on Mario Kart and can't say I noticed any difference.

There defiinitely is different feelings for various situations in MK8.
It's not life changing but it 's there. It's just more apparent in detached joycons, for obvious reasons.

I don't believe HD Rumble will ever be a big deal on the grip or handheld mode. Not that it'll be a big deal at all anyway

Marow

Currently waiting for breakfast to be ready and booted up my Switch for a round of Puyo Puyo Tetris... I can get used to this weird feeling.

Quoting myself from last page, though:

My joycons shoulder buttons have a springy sound when I click them. It's mostly audible when I put them closer to my ear, but I've never heard that before in controllers so I'm not sure if it's part of the joycon design or not. Anyone know? I expect it to be normal, but... hey, just want to make sure!

(Also, my right joycon's stick seem a bit more loose, while also having a feeling of it hitting something moved upwards, so I might have to deal with that anyway)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
It has been almost 2 months since the launch. Lots of good times and not so good times depending on whether you managed to get a Switch or not. But with the launch of Mario Kart 8, the launch window honeymoon for the system draws to a close and so does the purpose of this thread. Discuss games about the system in their individual threads and follow the exciting developments of the Switch's journey as a growing console in the various sales and announcement threads. The journey has only just begun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom