• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 - New Tech & Design Video Coming Tomorrow - 03/15

Loxley

It begins...
ad.jpg

Also the MP video is going up tomorrow at Noon EST.

All aboard the hype train, can't wait to see the finished ads. Rockstar certainly knows how to use the space. They've made an art form out of turning their game releases into events.

willooi

Just finished playing through the first two games in anticipation of 3, and I fully expect Rockstar to take the narrative to a new level. Looking back, the plot for 1 is a bit of a mess, but it and the production values improved immensely for 2 and I really enjoyed the noir love story approach to the sequel, despite some cheesiness.

If MP2 was the Fall of Max Payne - I wonder what MP3 will be...redemption? =)

Gameplay-wise, I just wonder whether MP3 will feature any platforming, or even an ability to jump? There was some really great level design, especially in MP2 with its almost Metroid-like self-contained levels opening up further as you get the 'keys'. In particular, the NY apartment level early on was brilliant.

Simo

Oh so it's not done painting? I figured the white space was R* being artsy

Edit- Looking at it some more... yeah wow I'm an idiot

I shrunk the original photo down but yea on the original you can see they've already got the outline for the logo and ESRB rating. It's also interesting the middle art of Max is different than what the official box art looks like....I wonder if Rockstar has actually tweaked it since to include that new art of Max?

Simo

Rockstar, I love you. So hyped, every night I check this thread my anticipation goes wild. Payne is BACK!

Same here!

I know NotTheGuyYouKill posted a link to these new screenshots but they shouldn't be missed! They're the new screens currently doing the rounds in the latest issues of EDGE, GameTM, PLAY, OXM and OPM to name a few magazines...
2012032914405911.jpg

2012032914405912.jpg

2012032914405913.jpg

2012032914410014.jpg

2012032914410016.jpg

2012032914410117.jpg

2012032914410118.jpg

2012032914410220.jpg

2012032914410221.jpg

2012032914410323.jpg

Also I think Gamebaron is going to be posting a snap of the finished mural and it looks great!

Thanks! Mural looks aces and I hope Rockstar releases the artwork that inspired it!

You're welcome! Anything to help out Max Payne/Rockstar fans. I hope it's not too late to release an actual art book. Not the promo one. I don't know if it's too late to include that in the Max Payne 3 LE?

Blutonium

Oh man, seeing those new screens really make me wish for a developer console on PC. I used to make lots of awesome screenshots/wallpapers thanks to -developerkeys.

abracadaver

Do we know if the bullet shells actually fall on the ground and bounce a bit around with sound effects ? I love that. Makes shooting a gun much more satisfying. In most games the shells just dissappear or fall into the ground. Sucks

Same here!

I know NotTheGuyYouKill posted a link to these new screenshots but they shouldn't be missed! They're the new screens currently doing the rounds in the latest issues of EDGE, GameTM, PLAY, OXM and OPM to name a few magazines...
2012032914405911.jpg

2012032914405912.jpg

2012032914405913.jpg

2012032914410014.jpg

2012032914410016.jpg

2012032914410117.jpg

2012032914410118.jpg

2012032914410220.jpg

2012032914410221.jpg

2012032914410323.jpg

Also I think Gamebaron is going to be posting a snap of the finished mural and it looks great!

God, those shots look good.

As promised, here is the mural, in all it's glory!

That is fucking awesome!

Stat!

As someone who hasn't played 1 or 2, will I feel lost in the story or will I still be satisfied and I'll get a cohesive story?

I understand I won't get everything but -

As someone who hasn't played 1 or 2, will I feel lost in the story or will I still be satisfied and I'll get a cohesive story?

I understand I won't get everything but -

This looks pretty much self-contained, like all the previous Max Payne's.

You may miss a few details but you won't be lost.

Dabanton

The background shots in these images look absolutely amazing. Hard to describe, but I love the overall aesthetic of it.

R* really do their live research. You can see it in all their games this gen. I really wish they shared more of their approaches. I would pay top dollar for a making of documentary.

The mood they create in their games feels 'real' and the spaces they create naturally built up with a town planners eye not just things plonked into spaces like other open world games.. Exploring each distinctive area in GTA:IV for instance is amazing both in noticing house types and residents in each district. Their eye for the small details is phenomenal.

Fjordson

R* really do their live research. You can see it in all their games this gen. I really wish they shared more of their approaches. I would pay top dollar for a making of documentary.

The mood they create in their games feels 'real' and the spaces they create naturally built up with a town planners eye not just things plonked into spaces like other open world games.. Exploring each distinctive area in GTA:IV for instance is amazing both in noticing house types and residents in each district. Their eye for the small details is phenomenal.
Totally agreed. Can't even imagine what San Andreas in V will be like.

And MP 3's environments look great as well. I'm betting the attention to detail will be off the charts since they only have to worry about the linear levels you're moving through as opposed to an entire city and/or state.

The Hermit

I can't believe I am more excited about a Max Payne game than Diablo game... it's mainly because of D3 DRM, but still...

Totally agreed. Can't even imagine what San Andreas in V will be like.

And MP 3's environments look great as well. I'm betting the attention to detail will be off the charts since they only have to worry about the linear levels you're moving through as opposed to an entire city and/or state.

I agree. I was playing Ballad of Gay Tony earlier today, and then I watched one of the Tech videos on the PS3. The difference is astounding. The trade-off between open world and linear levels just makes MP3 look so amazing.

I hope GTAV takes the movement, animation, and smoother control from MP3 along with a bump in the visuals when it hits.

Top Bottom