• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

zroid

Banned
friggin Torchic gave me some trouble. took 3 tries to S rank it.

I caught it on my first attempt though (14%) :lol

BooJoh

10th StreetPass gives a heart.
So far that's 1 Jewel for 1st pass, 1 heart at 5 and 1 heart at 10.

They should put this on smart phones instead and please the investors. I personally don't think the 3DS is the right environment for f2p.

While I agree that I'd prefer this pay model stay off 3DS, I would probably play this for 5 minutes on iOS and forget it exists, but on 3DS I'll be playing daily for a while. I just wish I could buy infinite hearts for ~$10.

:(

I figured that it was just giving it to me because it's a special event thing or whatever, I guess I just got a super lucky dice roll.

Question:
Do you just choose the optimized Pokemon for each battle, or are you choosing specific Pokemon?

I usually click optimize a few times to see what's strong, then I make sure I have the Mega I want (usually Audino) and if I have Audino and only two super-effective Pokemon then I'll usually replace the last Pokemon with Eevee for faster Mega Evolution.

Chopper

I usually click optimize a few times to see what's strong, then I make sure I have the Mega I want (usually Audino) and if I have Audino and only two super-effective Pokemon then I'll usually replace the last Pokemon with Eevee for faster Mega Evolution.
Mind blown.

adroit

Is there a penalty associated with matching up three or more of the "enemy" when it appears on the playfield?

I know it works to your advantage when it kicks off a big combo of your own pokemon. But in general, is it a bad thing?

Thanks in advance.

zroid

Banned
Is there a penalty associated with matching up three or more of the "enemy" when it appears on the playfield?

I know it works to your advantage when it kicks off a big combo of your own pokemon. But in general, is it a bad thing?

Thanks in advance.

not sure but I don't think so. I think it is just often something to avoid since there's usually a type disadvantage.

aka_bueno

Thanks in advance.

not sure but I don't think so. I think it is just often something to avoid since there's usually a type disadvantage.

I could be wrong, but I swear I saw one Pokemon heal itself when it matched it's own emblem. Maybe I wasn't paying attention though and it was just damage.

adroit

I could be wrong, but I swear I saw one Pokemon heal itself when it matched it's own emblem. Maybe I wasn't paying attention though and it was just damage.
Yeah, I wish the game had a text log you could optionally read during or after the match to see what transpired. Messages appear very briefly on the top screen but they are easy to miss (especially during a combo). Fire Emblem Awakening's text log was amusing because the characters would sometimes say funny stuff during battle which they didn't say out loud.

I also wish the pause screen (in battle) would let you tap your party members to review their special abilities.

I'm really enjoying this game so far. I'm not addicted enough to care about waiting for hearts. And if it eventually becomes arduous to play without paying, I'll just quit and be glad for all the free enjoyment I got out of the game.

RAWi

How does the "Catchability" works? How do you increase it?

I get that if you have more moves, then it increases after an "increase", but both of them just seem random .-. Sometimes it increases more others less. Depends on the pokemon?

BooJoh

From what I've seen I think it's typically just "Not very effective..." so when they litter your playfield with copies of themself it's just a detriment to your overall damage.

I get that if you have more moves, then it increases after an "increase", but both of them just seem random .-. Sometimes it increases more others less. Depends on the pokemon?

I'm not positive, but I think each Pokémon has a base Catchability, and then gains a set % on top of that for each move/second remaining.

I wish they used Play Coins to buy Gems, or Hearts at least.
This free-to-wait model may be comfortable in mobile phones and stuff like that, but on a portable console, no, just no.

I wish they implemented something to buy a "complete version" with no IAPs for about 10 USD.

neto

How I think it works for what i have seen (at least in most of the levels) is that each pokemon has a base catch rate, the rest is divided between the moves you have in the match lets say a pokemon has a base catch rate of 60% and you had 10 moves to beat the level, that means that each move increases 4% (40% left divided in 10 moves) so if you finished with 3 moves left that means that the total catch rate you will have is 72% (60%base + (3moves*4%))
the great ball just multiplies whatever catch rate you have by 2

ZeroX03

Banned
zlCfzTB1z0UL3eDWj1

My friend is so fucking lucky. Or RNG is busted.

Wow, that coin challenge is sure awesome - Meowth's disruptions spawn huge lines and combos of coins. Got 2800 coins with Moves +5 = the profit of 2000 coins. The jewel is nice too, I'll keep it.

adroit

zlCfzTB-INcn-HU9gD

No items used. Not bad for one round.
That's great. I didn't do nearly as well because I wasn't observant enough to realize that, unlike all the other levels, you don't have to beat the Meowth. You can use all 10 moves to collect nothing but coins. Oh well. Live and learn. I'll do better next time.

RAWi

I'm not positive, but I think each Pokémon has a base Catchability, and then gains a set % on top of that for each move/second remaining.

How I think it works for what i have seen (at least in most of the levels) is that each pokemon has a base catch rate, the rest is divided between the moves you have in the match lets say a pokemon has a base catch rate of 60% and you had 10 moves to beat the level, that means that each move increases 4% (40% left divided in 10 moves) so if you finished with 3 moves left that means that the total catch rate you will have is 72% (60%base + (3moves*4%))
the great ball just multiplies whatever catch rate you have by 2

Thanks guys. I think you are right... Just fills kind of bullshit sometimes, even more with Pokemons like Mew or Riolu.

D: those percentages are soooo loooow!

Btw, I already got Mew yay!

BooJoh

Thanks guys. I think you are right... Just fills kind of bullshit sometimes, even more with Pokemons like Mew or Riolu.

D: those percentages are soooo loooow!

Btw, I already got Mew yay!

Yeah, I've been trying for Rotom, and I've probably tried around 8 times already, with my highest catchability around 11%.

Spades

I thought you could play Meowth's Coin Mania as much as you wanted? After clearing it once, it's disappeared for me?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Meowth event ? Nice - in story mode he is very difficult to capture.

Westraid

This game is pretty fun. It's not subtle trying to shake money from little kids, but still fun.
The EX stages are nice, do more automatically appear as you progress?

RiggyRob

Thanks in advance.

While the enemy pokemon's icons is usually a type disadvantage, it does work the other way - e.g. a Ghost or Dragon type is super effective against itself, so matching the enemy's icons will actually do super-effective damage rather than not very effective damage.

This game is pretty fun. It's not subtle trying to shake money from little kids, but still fun.
The EX stages are nice, do more automatically appear as you progress?

The more S ranks you get, the more EX stages appear. You don't even have to catch the Pokemon for the stage you just cleared as long as you get an S rank on it.

Spades

If your heart count is zero and you purchase some hearts with jewels, then leave your N3DS; do your 5 free hearts stack on top of the ones you just purchased?

Top Bottom