• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunsoft and Gaijinworks Team Up in NA: Blaster Master to VC and NIHON TELENET RIGHTS

Link1110

I actually have a question about one of this company's series.

I'm playing through Tenshi no Uta for SNES now. Is this a port/remake of one of the PCE games, or is it really Tenshi no Uta 3? I've never played the other two.

Also, does this game have any actual DUNGEONS? I'm like 5 hours in and haven't hit one yet.

vireland

Link1110 said:
I actually have a question about one of this company's series.

I'm playing through Tenshi no Uta for SNES now. Is this a port/remake of one of the PCE games, or is it really Tenshi no Uta 3? I've never played the other two.

Also, does this game have any actual DUNGEONS? I'm like 5 hours in and haven't hit one yet.

I never played the SNES one, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a port of the PCE version. Telenet did quite a bit of that.

BTW, Blaster Master is available on the Wii virtual console today!

vireland

Princess Skittles said:
So Blaster Master is out today.

So what were the extras that were hinted at?

That information is still forthcoming. Should be out in a week or ten days. It's a promotional tie in that should please old school fans and give them incentive to finish it.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
vireland said:
That information is still forthcoming. Should be out in a week or ten days. It's a promotional tie in that should please old school fans and give them incentive to finish it.
Blaster Master 2 WiiWare.
Retconning the Genny game, of course.

Having a Save File/Clear Flag from Blaster Master 1 VC unlocks specials characters/levels/etc. in the new game.

vireland

Hero of Legend said:
So any hints about this week's surprise?

And I asked before, but who owns Chameleon Twist? Does Japan System Supply even still exist?

Dunno about the specifics of Chameleon Twist.

Last week's was early, but this week's press release (well, aside from the one announcing Blaster Master is out on the Virtual Console) might be delayed. Still developing.

Datschge

vireland said:
I never played the SNES one, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a port of the PCE version.
It's actually an all new spin-off like new game (with some great Sakuraba music). The PCE games were by Kenichi Nishi (of later Chibi-Robo fame) and Kaneko Akifumi (of later Wild Arms fame) respectively, while the SFC game was led by Takayuki Kono (who stayed unknown).

Michiko Naruke (who composed the two PCE games) also had a fitting comment about Telenet: "If you look at the large game companies like Square Enix and Konami, you will find a lot of former employees of Telenet Japan. It was like a finishing school for the mainstream videogame industry."

ReyVGM

vireland said:

Promotional tie in?

Does that mean that the Blaster Master released today is the original one and that in a week's time the game will be updated with the additions?

vireland

ReyVGM said:
Promotional tie in?

Does that mean that the Blaster Master released today is the original one and that in a week's time the game will be updated with the additions?

The game on the Wii store will not change. There'll just be an incentive to finish it.

lyre

Reposting this from the Blaster Master thread since it's relevant whether guys like it or not:

Okay, played thru the first 4 areas about 4 or 5 times, used two continues in the final area due to a bunch of bullshit deaths, and now I just beat the game, saw the credits, pressed start at the handwritten 'The End' screen, and .... it took me back to the beginning of the game.

Where is mah fucking pony, Vic?! Where is it!

Now in picture form:
52i909.jpg

bengraven

Wait, when is the next press release? That's all I care about, being an old WD fan.

Also these old MD/Genesis box arts make me want more old school Genesis games on VC. Valis, El Viento!!!

Link1110

Question: How much of Cosmic Fantasy 3's translation was ever completed? Is that a candidate for possible release?

vireland

lyre said:
Reposting this from the Blaster Master thread since it's relevant whether guys like it or not:

Okay, played thru the first 4 areas about 4 or 5 times, used two continues in the final area due to a bunch of bullshit deaths, and now I just beat the game, saw the credits, pressed start at the handwritten 'The End' screen, and .... it took me back to the beginning of the game.

Where is mah fucking pony, Vic?! Where is it!

Now in picture form:
52i909.jpg

You have no idea. It's taking a little longer than expected, but the information is coming.

Top Bottom