• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

Still, I need my Persona / Megaten fix. Right now I'm split between starting Persona 3 Portable (original character) and Shin Megamii Tensei IV. Or see if The Caligula Effect is actually closer to P4. Any recommendation on these two?

Tokyo Xanadu will provide what you're after.

Lynx_7

Reading the first few pages of P5's spoiler thread is kinda funny. People thought the game was going to be much darker than what we ended up with.
Now that I've had some time to let my feelings on P5 settle, here's a superficial (and still somehow unnecessarily lenghty) breakdown of some of my rankings atm. Some very light spoilers ahead?

Gameplay: 5 > 4 = 3
Dungeon play in 3 is worse than 4, but I appreciate the former's higher difficulty, and relying on your party's AI can make for some interesting moments. Also, I enjoy the fact that 3 is still the only entry with a somewhat more indepth risk/reward system to the social links. 4 improved the gameplay on some areas and its dungeons are generally more fun, but not enough to be a substantial improvement over Tartarus. They have different dynamics so I can't say I definitely prefer one over the other. 5 is in another league entirely and is the only one in the franchise that can hang out with its SMT brethren imo. Combat is a lot snappier and more dynamic, exploring dungeons feels great, it's just a huge leap in most regards. It just needs to let go of random dungeons. I know it's difficult to drop unhealthy habits, but it's for your
(and my)
own good, P-Studio.

Music:I can't decide right now.
I'm inclined to say P4 still has my favorite sountrack, but that's with almost a decade of nostalgia behind it. I am still overexposed to P5's soundtrack so I won't be able to tell which one I prefer as a whole until a few years down the line. What I can say, and I doubt this is going to change unless P5R brings us some new tracks, is that P4 has by far the best day to day music (Heartbeat, Your Affection, Signs of Love, just great stuff all around), and P5 has the best battle tracks (Rivers in the Desert is my favorite boss track in the series atm) and dungeon tracks (I can't think of a single one I dislike besides Mementos, and even that gets a saving throw with the really atmospheric
Depths
track). P3 still has the best Final Boss music though. TBFES > (The Almighty > The Fog >)
Yaldabaoth
/Our Beginning > The Genesis.

Story: 5 > 4 > 3
I love 4's muder mystery premise, but I also think the game doesn't do nearly as much with it as it could've. It's a great "hook" to get you invested right from the start and it serves its purpose as a cool/novel window dressing for a JRPG, but most of the time it barely matters for the game and the characters are, for the most part, just being dragged along as events happen around them instead of actively trying to piece things together. In the end, I think P5 has stronger themes and integrates them and its phantom thief motif much better in all aspects of the game and its narrative. The dungeons, confidants, visuals, even little things like the calling card mechanic, everything feels cohesive and feeds into the Phantom Thief motif, while P4's investigation team is mostly just for show. P5 also explores more interesting subjects (it doesn't always do them justice, but I appreciate its ambitiousness nevertheless). It's a stronger narrative overall, even if it has some text messages and superfluous dialogue scenes slowing it down. Even then, I think a great localization could've improved said scenes and messages a lot by adding some more personality and charm to them. As for P3, it has the strongest final act between 3-4-5, and I'd even go as far as to say it reaches the highest narrative highs, but it also has the lowest lows, and the gameplay/plot just draaaaags in those middle months. The way the plot is structured, one big story event per month, and the lack of interesting sequences inbetween just kills the game's pacing for me. The whole SEES premise also didn't engage me as much as P4's murder mystery and P5's phantom thief motif.

Characters: 4 > 5 > 3
4's crew is just really strong as a group, and that alone gives them a huge leg up imo. I remember early on in my P4 playthrough, right at the beginning of Kanji's arc, immediately thinking: "man, I'm probably gonna hate this guy". In some other stories where you have the "tough guy that gives the protagonists a hard time at first but then joins them later" ends up with said character feeling a little "awkward" in the group's dynamic, almost like an outsider that just happens to be there, acts like an ass and never really feels like he belongs. I fully expected that to happen to Kanji considering his early interactions with the group (before and during his dungeon) felt somewhat antagonistic/awkward to me, but then by the end of the game he was my favorite character hands down. P4 picks those character archetypes I'm not really fond of and executes them so well that they end up feeling genuine. Rise is a similar case of a trope I usually hate in anime (idol character, sugary cheery, ~senpaaaai~) but her characterization is so good she also ended up being one of my favorites (second or third overall, and best girl
fite me
). That plus the bonding scenes between the cast makes them look like friends having a good time together and it just works. I love what little moments of levity we have in P5, but I wish they were more substantial. They also needed to drop some of the animosity like "omg Ryuji how dare you worry us let's beat the crap out of him". It's played for laughs most of the time and maybe it wouldn't bother me if they had more genuine moments of happiness with each other, but as it is right now it just feels a little mean and unwarranted. P4 has moments like this too, but it balances them out better. P5 does have stronger Social Link characters though, and I think it, pound for pound, it has individually the strongest cast. I like every single one of the Phantom Thieves by themselves, and even their weakest link, Haru, has some really good characterization as a confidant. As for P3's cast, they're good, but more of a mixed bag to me. I really like some of them, am indifferent towards others, and downright dislike a few. They're all good characters for the most part but I'm not as fond of them as a whole, which is okay since the game was clearly going for something different. P3 did give us Tanaka and his jingle and for that I'm forever grateful. Also, as much as I like Yoshida, P3 still has the strongest Sun social link.

Setting: Inaba > Tokyo > What was P3's setting again? I love Inaba's small town vibe and I think the setting itself is a big reason why P4 still has my favorite atmosphere. It's comfy and just the right amount of dark when it needs to be. P5's Tokyo was great, there are some really cool NPCs in it, torrential rain is atmospheric as fuck (it has the strongest visual presentation of the bunch, which is to be expected) but it needed more (and better) music tracks, and the school was in dire need of some more activities/NPCs. After Kamoshida's arc the only thing it has going for it is journal club girl. P3's setting has some cool touches like the apathy syndrome victims but I genuinely can't remember much of it outside of that one square with a bunch of shops. Memories of the City was great though.

Overall: I'll tell you in, like, a couple years from now. Also, I need to play Golden, and replay P3 FES. I know people praise FeMC and I'd love to try it someday but I can't get over the inferior presentation.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
5EUafsKl.jpg

Couldn't resist buying this on Friday. It's from a semi-local brewery in Richmond, BC called Fuggles & Warlock, who often have videogame-themed brews. Went perfectly with last night's session of Persona 5 (just beat the second palace.)

Mediking

Reading the first few pages of P5's spoiler thread is kinda funny. People thought the game was going to be much darker than what we ended up with.
Now that I've had some time to let my feelings on P5 settle, here's a superficial (and still somehow unnecessarily lenghty) breakdown of some of my rankings atm. Some very light spoilers ahead?

Gameplay: 5 > 4 = 3
Dungeon play in 3 is worse than 4, but I appreciate the former's higher difficulty, and relying on your party's AI can make for some interesting moments. Also, I enjoy the fact that 3 is still the only entry with a somewhat more indepth risk/reward system to the social links. 4 improved the gameplay on some areas and its dungeons are generally more fun, but not enough to be a substantial improvement over Tartarus. They have different dynamics so I can't say I definitely prefer one over the other. 5 is in another league entirely and is the only one in the franchise that can hang out with its SMT brethren imo. Combat is a lot snappier and more dynamic, exploring dungeons feels great, it's just a huge leap in most regards. It just needs to let go of random dungeons. I know it's difficult to drop unhealthy habits, but it's for your
(and my)
own good, P-Studio.

Music:I can't decide right now.
I'm inclined to say P4 still has my favorite sountrack, but that's with almost a decade of nostalgia behind it. I am still overexposed to P5's soundtrack so I won't be able to tell which one I prefer as a whole until a few years down the line. What I can say, and I doubt this is going to change unless P5R brings us some new tracks, is that P4 has by far the best day to day music (Heartbeat, Your Affection, Signs of Love, just great stuff all around), and P5 has the best battle tracks (Rivers in the Desert is my favorite boss track in the series atm) and dungeon tracks (I can't think of a single one I dislike besides Mementos, and even that gets a saving throw with the really atmospheric
Depths
track). P3 still has the best Final Boss music though. TBFES > (The Almighty > The Fog >)
Yaldabaoth
/Our Beginning > The Genesis.

Story: 5 > 4 > 3
I love 4's muder mystery premise, but I also think the game doesn't do nearly as much with it as it could've. It's a great "hook" to get you invested right from the start and it serves its purpose as a cool/novel window dressing for a JRPG, but most of the time it barely matters for the game and the characters are, for the most part, just being dragged along as events happen around them instead of actively trying to piece things together. In the end, I think P5 has stronger themes and integrates them and its phantom thief motif much better in all aspects of the game and its narrative. The dungeons, confidants, visuals, even little things like the calling card mechanic, everything feels cohesive and feeds into the Phantom Thief motif, while P4's investigation team is mostly just for show. P5 also explores more interesting subjects (it doesn't always do them justice, but I appreciate its ambitiousness nevertheless). It's a stronger narrative overall, even if it has some text messages and superfluous dialogue scenes slowing it down. Even then, I think a great localization could've improved said scenes and messages a lot by adding some more personality and charm to them. As for P3, it has the strongest final act between 3-4-5, and I'd even go as far as to say it reaches the highest narrative highs, but it also has the lowest lows, and the gameplay/plot just draaaaags in those middle months. The way the plot is structured, one big story event per month, and the lack of interesting sequences inbetween just kills the game's pacing for me. The whole SEES premise also didn't engage me as much as P4's murder mystery and P5's phantom thief motif.

Characters: 4 > 5 > 3
4's crew is just really strong as a group, and that alone gives them a huge leg up imo. I remember early on in my P4 playthrough, right at the beginning of Kanji's arc, immediately thinking: "man, I'm probably gonna hate this guy". In some other stories where you have the "tough guy that gives the protagonists a hard time at first but then joins them later" ends up with said character feeling a little "awkward" in the group's dynamic, almost like an outsider that just happens to be there, acts like an ass and never really feels like he belongs. I fully expected that to happen to Kanji considering his early interactions with the group (before and during his dungeon) felt somewhat antagonistic/awkward to me, but then by the end of the game he was my favorite character hands down. P4 picks those character archetypes I'm not really fond of and executes them so well that they end up feeling genuine. Rise is a similar case of a trope I usually hate in anime (idol character, sugary cheery, ~senpaaaai~) but her characterization is so good she also ended up being one of my favorites (second or third overall, and best girl
fite me
). That plus the bonding scenes between the cast makes them look like friends having a good time together and it just works. I love what little moments of levity we have in P5, but I wish they were more substantial. They also needed to drop some of the animosity like "omg Ryuji how dare you worry us let's beat the crap out of him". It's played for laughs most of the time and maybe it wouldn't bother me if they had more genuine moments of happiness with each other, but as it is right now it just feels a little mean and unwarranted. P4 has moments like this too, but it balances them out better. P5 does have stronger Social Link characters though, and I think it, pound for pound, it has individually the strongest cast. I like every single one of the Phantom Thieves by themselves, and even their weakest link, Haru, has some really good characterization as a confidant. As for P3's cast, they're good, but more of a mixed bag to me. I really like some of them, am indifferent towards others, and downright dislike a few. They're all good characters for the most part but I'm not as fond of them as a whole, which is okay since the game was clearly going for something different. P3 did give us Tanaka and his jingle and for that I'm forever grateful. Also, as much as I like Yoshida, P3 still has the strongest Sun social link.

Setting: Inaba > Tokyo > What was P3's setting again? I love Inaba's small town vibe and I think the setting itself is a big reason why P4 still has my favorite atmosphere. It's comfy and just the right amount of dark when it needs to be. P5's Tokyo was great, there are some really cool NPCs in it, torrential rain is atmospheric as fuck (it has the strongest visual presentation of the bunch, which is to be expected) but it needed more (and better) music tracks, and the school was in dire need of some more activities/NPCs. After Kamoshida's arc the only thing it has going for it is journal club girl. P3's setting has some cool touches like the apathy syndrome victims but I genuinely can't remember much of it outside of that one square with a bunch of shops. Memories of the City was great though.

Overall: I'll tell you in, like, a couple years from now. Also, I need to play Golden, and replay P3 FES. I know people praise FeMC and I'd love to try it someday but I can't get over the inferior presentation.

School life:

P3 when walking around school = I feel safe. Just trying to make some good grades and try out different clubs.

P4 when walking around school = I feel... mostly safe. Just trying to make friends and figure out what I like via clubs.

P5 when walking around school = Alotta people hate me. To hell with clubs. Nobody even wants me in their club. Corrupted school officials everywhere. My school is pretty and is fun to walk around though. Did I mention I can draw on the chalkboard in my classroom because I'm not scared of anybody? Did I mention I have an adorable cat in my desk? Did I mention I text during class sometimes? Come at me, bro.

Lynx_7

I was thinking of writing something more substantial for P5 but after reading the spoiler thread, I really don't feel like I have anything meaningful to add to the discussion. Guess Who and Shouta already wrote about the narrative's strenghts much more eloquently than I ever could (and even helped put into perspective some things I missed and how thematically strong and consistent the whole thing is), and other posters have similarly explained the game's faults.

On the latter, one thing I found particularly funny was when someone pointed out how two characters were basically speaking past each other, barelly aknowledging themselves in a dialogue sequence. There were more than a few moments in the game where I felt like that. I can't think of any specific example, but some dialogue scenes with the PT had this clunkyness to them and "hmm, this really didn't flow very naturally from what was just said". I don't remember feeling that way on P3 or P4 and actually thought the dialogue in those games flowed quite naturally for the most part, specially in 4, but maybe I just wasn't paying attention. It's even weirder considering they often do a great job at giving characters like Yusuke and Ryuji their own voices and colorful mannerisms, and then other sequences kinda read like fansub translation. The whole thing is really inconsistent, like it's trapped in the labyrinth of its own heart climbing a staircase of sin like a subservient puppet.

asagami_

Banned

I like P3P more just for the female MC, but its virtues shines more when you already played the original P3 or FES, so you should try it. The new music for her route is very awesome, too.

If Makoto doesn't do the Robot in P5:DSN, the game's a total waste.

Isn't that already proven by the trailer?
Just a bit?

*Fixed.

And seriously instead of running like Naruto (yeah i know that how she run in p3) , i will love her to bring the robot dance moves , too obvious but i dont imagine a better character doing it.

Makoto doing it just for a silly dialogue option , pls.

Why don't we just have her do that DDS2 dance hidden away in PQ's files? :p

Makio

If Aigis doesn't do the Robot in P3:DMN, the game's a total waste.

*Fixed.

And seriously instead of running like Naruto (yeah i know that how she run in p3) , i will love her to bring the robot dance moves , too obvious but i dont imagine a better character doing it.

Makoto doing it just for a silly dialogue option , pls.

Playing through P4 at the moment, and this is something I never bothered to figure out while playing through Persona 3 and 5, but is there any point in hanging out with a character to do things like studying/etc if I am about to raise my rank with them? Will the affection points built up carry over to the next rank?

Edit: Nevermind, was able to find out on my own, it seems they don't carry over. Kinda sucks since I feel like I wasted a bunch of days now, but no big deal.

I'm starting Persona 4 for the first time. Is there any reason to play P4 over P4G? I have both, although P4G would be on PSTV, so there is no portable advantage.

I kinda like playing first editions, but if P4G has a lot of relevant quality of life fixes, that would be preferable. I also played P3FES over P3P earlier this year and I felt like that was the right call.

PK Gaming

I'm starting Persona 4 for the first time. Is there any reason to play P4 over P4G? I have both, although P4G would be on PSTV, so there is no portable advantage.

I kinda like playing first editions, but if P4G has a lot of relevant quality of life fixes, that would be preferable. I also played P3 over P3P earlier this year and I felt like that was the right call.

-The game is less balanced (doesn't matter, P4's battle system is far from robust)
-New fanservicey content

None of this outweighs the borderline earth-shattering number of changes added to Golden. Get that.

Sophia

I kinda like playing first editions, but if P4G has a lot of relevant quality of life fixes, that would be preferable. I also played P3 over P3P earlier this year and I felt like that was the right call.

There is no reason to play vanilla Persona 4 over Persona 4 Golden, if you have access to it.

Also I hope you didn't play vanilla Persona 3. Persona 3 FES, sure. But vanilla P3 is a bit of a chore. @_@

I hear P4G is not so balanced as the original, but who knows. I just know Golden has more fanservice, so that it's a valid reason.
-The game is less balanced (doesn't matter, P4's battle system is far from robust)
-New fanservicey content

None of this outweighs the borderline earth-shattering number of changes added to Golden. Get that.

Persona 4 Golden is better balanced than the original, but it also has it's own balancing issues that make it easier. Vanilla Persona 4 had some SERIOUSLY BAD balancing issues at times.

Lunar15

I have trouble recommending P4G to people if vanilla is a viable option. I just feel like the added stuff bloats the game a bit. But that said, portability and the qol changes are indeed a godsend. It's just not a simple decision imo.

Sophia

I have trouble recommending P4G to people if vanilla is a viable option. I just feel like the added stuff bloats the game a bit. But that said, portability and the qol changes are indeed a godsend. It's just not a simple decision imo.

I feel like the balancing and quality of life changes outweigh any minor bloat added in. Plus, simply having a character who isn't useless is a huge benefit in it's own right.

I have not played P4G yet but Marie in the anime definitely didn't give me a good impression of the added content to the game

The Golden anime isn't good, and doesn't accurately represent the content they added in Persona 4 Golden. Marie has issues in P4G, but they're pretty minor.

Makio

Found this really cool funniest Persona 4 The Animation English Dub .

the gods bless Sentai Filmworks forever for give us that dub , with most of the game VA. Pretty sure i dont love this anime the same without it.

Meanwhile chances are Aniplex US will give us the P5 anime overpriced 100% in japanese , which is not a bad thing but is not going to feel the same like P4G anime or the P3 Movies.

the gods bless Sentai Filmworks forever for give us that dub , with most of the game VA. Pretty sure i dont love this anime the same without it.

Meanwhile chances are Aniplex US will give us the P5 anime overpriced 100% in japanese , which is not a bad thing but is not going to feel the same like P4G anime or the P3 Movies.

It's weird how there's permanent replacements like Fitzgerald and Mercer, but McGlynn as Naoto just for that series kinda sticks out, doesn't it?

Sophia

You have a good username.

On topic, enjoy P4G! It's a great game.

Haha, you as well.

Also so far, the UI seems way more clean/polished after just playing through P3.
Cast seems cool too.

I'm sorry but you two will now have to fight over the naming rights. There is only room for one cannon fodder in the Persona Community Thread.

Your battle to the death shall be over Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. >.>

(Have fun with P4G!)

The Golden anime isn't good, and doesn't accurately represent the content they added in Persona 4 Golden. Marie has issues in P4G, but they're pretty minor.
Yeah, well don't worry. There's new Golden scenes that she (infamously) shows up for front-and-center in the Anime despite not being there in the game.
That's good to hear. I'd try to play Golden but that Risette trophy scares me lol

Makio

That's good to hear. I'd try to play Golden but that Risette trophy scares me lol

I find funny how the Futaba version of that trophy got it almost by accident , playing the final battle and just pop out and i was like "wtf" , thought was going to be a pain in the ... like the Golden one.

Plus the Rise one is like 1 of 4 i need to platinum Golden , but never give it a chance to actually get them.

I might finish P5 in a week holy fucking shit.

I don't have a PS4 so I clocked 50 hours over two sleepovers in the summer, and I'll be spending 4-5 days at a friend come the 25th. I am in Futaba's Palace.

Oh man oh man, playing with people around (and breaks of more than a month) really changed my experience and possibly hurt my immersion but I'm really excited to see where the game goes.

I might finish P5 in a week holy fucking shit.

I don't have a PS4 so I clocked 50 hours over two sleepovers in the summer, and I'll be spending 4-5 days at a friend come the 25th. I am in Futaba's Palace.

Oh man oh man, playing with people around (and breaks of more than a month) really changed my experience and possibly hurt my immersion but I'm really excited to see where the game goes.

Good luuu~uuuck! :)

I'm sorry but you two will now have to fight over the naming rights. There is only room for one cannon fodder in the Persona Community Thread.

Your battle to the death shall be over Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. >.>
Cannon fodder is defined as expendable soldiers, though, so I'd argue that having more around is appropriate. Not to mention I suck so bad at Ultimax I'd lose in the lobby.

Continuing my platinum run of P5, and wanted to share some more thoughts:
  • The events at the start of June with the TV studio and hot pot party are a lot better than I remember. Sojiro talking to Ann was sweet, and Ryuji telling his story just makes you feel for the guy
  • I'm pretty much convinced at this point that, while the English cast did a good job all around, Max Mittelman as Ryuji is the best of the bunch by a long shot. He can make even the most boring lines interesting to listen to.
  • I've been avoiding fast travel, and I think it's been worth while. The NPC dialogue around time seems to update a lot faster than it did in P3 or P4. Seems like they have new things to say a couple times a week.

Makio

Don't think it's that blatant. Although Haru having ballet is an obvious and fitting choice for her.

Reading Haru official profile of the Persona 5 Maniax (Maniacs?) fanbook and the profile point out one of Haru skills is actually ballet , obvious choice but i will surprised if in the trailer she debut she go breakdancing haha.

(Now to see if Futaba will be doing tap dancing or they got another style for her)

I think the P3 dub cast for both PQ2 (implying SEES is in the game) and Dancing Moon is gonna had like 1-2 new recasts.

The ones i had doubt are Mitsuru and Akihiko for example , like Tara Platt (Mitsuru) is ever doing VA recently , the last i remember of her was in God Eater 2 i think ,but besides that i dont remember her to be in something recently ,..

Other day i was reading about how Erin Fitzgerald (Noire) got recast in the new Neptunia game and someone point out the same happen to Platt bc she got a baby in 2016 , which is cool but kinda explain why she basically drop out Voice Acting at all since then.

Of course P3 DAN and PQ2 dub will be maybe until the next year , but is not too bad to think she can got replace , depending when or how she decide to come back to the VA gig.

Meanwhile i will think for possible recasting choices for Mitsuru (dammit) and Elizabeth
Ashly Burch saving the day again lel ???

Other day i was reading about how Erin Fitzgerald (Noire) got recast in the new Neptunia game and someone point out the same happen to Platt bc she got a baby in 2016 , which is cool but kinda explain why she basically drop out Voice Acting at all since then.

Of course P3 DAN and PQ2 dub will be maybe until the next year , but is not too bad to think she can got replace , depending when or how she decide to come back to the VA gig.

Meanwhile i will think for possible recasting choices for Mitsuru (dammit) and Elizabeth
Ashly Burch saving the day again lel ???

Guess all we can do is wait and pray for Tipton.

That said, looking at IMDB, Platt's done a fair amount of VO work last year.
Then again, aside from Mafia III, the only role I noticed was RWBY, a show that also happens to have Laura Bailey, Vic Mignogna, and Yuri Lowenthall.

This can only mean one thing...
Junpei and Yosuke are getting recast too! :V

Sophia

Tara Platt pretty much is Mitsuru, so I wouldn't want to see anyone else take the role. That said, if anyone else had to take it up, I'd want Elizabeth Maxwell to do so.

Tara Platt pretty much is Mitsuru, so I wouldn't want to see anyone else take the role. That said, if anyone else had to take it up, I'd want Elizabeth Maxwell to do so.

If that's the case, let's hope her and Sae never appear in the same room.
It'll look like a pallette swap. XD

Makio

Guess all we can do is wait and pray for Tipton.

Pretty sure if Patrick Seitz was given the direction of DAN , Tipton was the one to take the role of Rise instead of Burch ...
(Specially since Tipton get like 3 characters voiced by Bailey in the past already , and i cant get how similar their voices sound too)

That said, looking at IMDB, Platt's done a fair amount of VO work last year.

Actually look way better than the profile i see , hopefully she can make time for the next persona dubs.

This can only mean one thing...
Junpei and Yosuke are getting recast too! :V

Imagine the salt if P3 came back with a complete new cast ...

That said, if anyone else had to take it up, I'd want Elizabeth Maxwell to do so.

To me that's the lady should be doing in a case of a recast , so the change dont feel that sudden i feel she got the right tone for the Queen of Executions... i think Carrie Keranen can too do it both Mitsuru and specially Elizabeth , but maybe voicing 3
4 with L
Velvet characters is too much for her.

Pretty sure if Patrick Seitz was given the direction of DAN , Tipton was the one to take the role of Rise instead of Burch ...
(Specially since Tipton get like 3 characters voiced by Bailey in the past already , and i cant get how similar their voices sound too)

Unless of course Persona's ship has sailed and poor Ms. Tipton doesn't want to be typecast any further.

Olengie

I can't imagine anyone else voicing Mitsuru besides Platt.

I still want Bailey to be Rise. </3 But she joined Troy Baker in the Top Tier now. Still have hope though.

I still want a PS4 version of Persona 3 so I can get the Platinum. TGS is my hope.

Lunar15

Cannon fodder is defined as expendable soldiers, though, so I'd argue that having more around is appropriate. Not to mention I suck so bad at Ultimax I'd lose in the lobby.

Continuing my platinum run of P5, and wanted to share some more thoughts:
  • The events at the start of June with the TV studio and hot pot party are a lot better than I remember. Sojiro talking to Ann was sweet, and Ryuji telling his story just makes you feel for the guy
  • I'm pretty much convinced at this point that, while the English cast did a good job all around, Max Mittelman as Ryuji is the best of the bunch by a long shot. He can make even the most boring lines interesting to listen to.
  • I've been avoiding fast travel, and I think it's been worth while. The NPC dialogue around time seems to update a lot faster than it did in P3 or P4. Seems like they have new things to say a couple times a week.

P5 has a lot of surprisingly grounded and touching interactions between characters. Wish it had more, but it's one of my favorite aspects of the game.

Sophia

With the recasting of Ken and Fuuka, I really liked P3's voice cast. Frankly, I think any one of them leaving is going to suck.

In a way, the roles seem more "iconic" than their P4 counterparts, but maybe it's because the only roles that have changed so far have been universally for the better.

P5 has a lot of surprisingly grounded and touching interactions between characters. Wish it had more, but it's one of my favorite aspects of the game.

Given what they added in FES, Portable, and Golden; odds are good that any potential P5 remake will add even more interactions of this kind.

In a way, the roles seem more "iconic" than their P4 counterparts, but maybe it's because the only roles that have changed so far have been universally for the better.

That and the only English dubbed work for P3 we have are the original game, the Arena spinoffs, and Q.
4 has had two more chances for things to get shaken up with the first anime and DAN.

edit: I don't know what to say about Tiso as Fuuka, but by the time they got to The Answer, you can FEEL the not-caring in every line.

Makio

Unless of course Persona's ship has sailed and poor Ms. Tipton doesn't want to be typecast any further.

Tipton deserve her own Persona char for sure , my comment was more a "what if" scenario , i think we are stuck with Burch' Rise in the next games until she drop it , hopefully she gets better with each game like Marisha Ray's Margaret.

In a way, the roles seem more "iconic" than their P4 counterparts, but maybe it's because the only roles that have changed so far have been universally for the better. .

Wendee Lee "anime cute" voice fits Fuuka perfectly. Despite i think Paula Tiso Fuuka is a hate or love it performance and fits the char too ironic enough , but she is better suited to voice adults for sure.
(And of course i would love to had another P3 remake just to had Lee 's Fuuka as Navi in the base game)

I still want Bailey to be Rise. </3 But she joined Troy Baker in the Top Tier now..

I see Liam O Brien (Akihiko) start working in the top tier circle recently too , so maybe Aki need a recast too (Did you see that Shinji).

Top Bottom