• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

AKA some of the DLC characters are finished and were witheld from the base game.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that was the case with BP and MH. They look done to me.

BP looks "done"? We haven't even seen him. A model for a character that shows up in story mode is basically nothing in terms of getting them playable as a character.

liquidtmd

Banned
So I bit the bullet and I'm in. Paid full price which I wasn't going to (£38) but felt really in the mood for Marvel having been with the Capcom games since X:COTA

Playing the story mode, about an hour in. Initial thoughts - gameplay wise, having a great time. Story is cheesy as heck and loving it, looking forward to getting online. Some of the furore I'm finding about the graphics in here I'm not agreeing with - looks pretty enough, but some of the models are bland (Gamora, Hawkeye) and the roster choices...well, enoughs been said about that I guess.

I think strip out Gamora, Firebrand and Hawkeye and given me Black Panther, Monster Hunter, Venom and just one token X-Men character proper (Cyclops or Wolverine) and I think it would have been much more tolerable.

As is, it's good enough but price wise this is gonna drop like a stone and I can't see it selling gangbusters

Oh and yes, fuck the fake slowdown at the end of each fight. Ugh

NEO0MJ

Hey, speaking of Power Stone...

power_stone_wallpaper_by_cepillo16-d3liay1.jpg

C'mon, Capcom! If you aren't ever going to give us a new game you could at least use some of these characters in a VS. game!

I want brown girl to come to Marvel...for reason >.>

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
What happened with Ant Man?

No one know. There are three different sources saying that Ant-Man would be playable character in MVCI. (Ryce, EuroGamer, Polygon)

Until Data file leaked, Ant-Man isn't even on the list so the popular theory is that they wouldn't able to balance him or wouldn't able to get his shrinking mechanism working so he was shelved or completly cut from the game.

A character model being done does not equal everything else with them being done. You know, the rigging, the hitboxes, hurtboxes, movesets, balancing - the 90 percent rest of the development involved. I guess Geese is done for Tekken 7 because we saw a trailer - why are they waiting till winter? I guess Kolin was done too, despite having an updated model, no moveset, no files in the game, etc etc.

Some of y'all need to learn something.

NEO0MJ

A character model being done does not equal everything else with them being done. You know, the rigging, the hitboxes, hurtboxes, movesets, balancing - the 90 percent rest of the development involved. I guess Geese is done for Tekken 7 because we saw a trailer - why are they waiting till winter? I guess Kolin was done too, despite having an updated model, no moveset, no files in the game, etc etc.

Have you forgotten the Skullgirls Kickstarter? Where random posters kept saying that no way a 2D character should cost that much and that Lab Zero were thieves (even though the amount they asked for was barely serviceable for their needs)? Most gamers don't understand shit about what goes into the development of their favorite medium.

Have you forgotten the Skullgirls Kickstarter? Where random posters kept saying that no way a 2D character should cost that much and that Lab Zero were thieves? Most gamers don't understand shit about what goes into the development of their favorite medium.

Animations?

lol everyone knows you just go to a mocap studio, rent it for the day and do the animations lul educate yourself boy

IdioticImpressiveKangaroo.gif

People in general don't seem to understand how DLC resources are allocated far ahead of release and how teams are moved from the 'core' game to dlc well ahead of a game's release just because certain teams (especially the art and animation ones) get finished way ahead of other things like QA.

Whatever "state" MonHun and BP may be now, they were likely decided to have DLC budget allocated towards them a long time ago.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I'm totally aware of that but you have to understand that if Ant-Man was rumored to be in the game. There gotta to be someone who would get pushed back if Ant-Man got shelved.

That's why I think it's Monster Hunter since Sigma and Black Panther is most obvious lure for people to pick up Season Pass. Out of all Capcom newcomers, Monster Hunter is a best choice to be pushed back since many people would buy her. :p

brian!

I wonder how the decision to make sigma presumably a major antagonist in the game but have him be dlc came about, maybe sigma was focus tested to be a big seller?

Makes sense if he ends up being a teleporty lightsaber jedi robot

Ryce

If anything, I think Sigma might have been pulled alongside Ant-Man. Sigma's partner/rival, Ultron, is on the base roster, whereas the team of Monster Hunter and Black Panther are DLC.

DrArchon

If anything, I think Sigma might have been pulled alongside Ant-Man. Sigma's partner/rival, Ultron, is on the base roster, whereas the team of Monster Hunter and Black Panther are DLC.

If that's the case, Ant-Man would've been pulled a LONG time ago because we knew Sigma was going to be DLC when they announced the game. It makes more sense to me that Sigma was always going to be DLC (for whatever reason) and if Ant-Man was shelved he was shelved so early that no one was "pulled" for parity reasons.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
labbing is fun, problem is I panic and cant remember shit in game lol.

Came up with a simple ghost rider / hulk 2 bar combo that does about 7k, not very impressive :( at least its "easy" to do

edit: if DLC characters were "done", they would be on the steam files. And as far as we know, they are not, or dem hackers would already have datamined that. Zero had been saying for months that the gamescom version was final or near it, he was probably right and since then they have been working on the DLC chracters, obviously starting with MH as we have seen.

Have you forgotten the Skullgirls Kickstarter? Where random posters kept saying that no way a 2D character should cost that much and that Lab Zero were thieves (even though the amount they asked for was barely serviceable for their needs)? Most gamers don't understand shit about what goes into the development of their favorite medium.

That's true. And honestly, I wouldn't have known unless that happened.

People in general don't seem to understand how DLC resources are allocated far ahead of release and how teams are moved from the 'core' game to dlc well ahead of a game's release just because certain teams (especially the art and animation ones) get finished way ahead of other things like QA.

Whatever "state" MonHun and BP may be now, they were likely decided to have DLC budget allocated towards them a long time ago.

Right. Development is never a linear, easy path to follow. To say a character is cut or held back for monies despite being finished is pretty ridiculous, especially when only applied to one game or company.

I'm totally aware of that but you have to understand that if Ant-Man was rumored to be in the game. There gotta to be someone who would get pushed back if Ant-Man got shelved.

That's why I think it's Monster Hunter since Sigma and Black Panther is most obvious lure for people to pick up Season Pass. Out of all Capcom newcomers, Monster Hunter is a best choice to be pushed back since many people would buy her. :p

But see, pushing them back implies withholding content that's already done. As Wiz said, it's probably a decision done far before to coinside with the release of the game.

I mean, whether Capcom did so or not is anyone's guess. But a model being done doesn't necessarily make for a completed character, especially when XKira boys didn't find shit about it in the files.

I don't even believe the Gundam DLC was fully done, despite the rate they pump it out.

Neoxon

Going by what we already know & the castings in the Marvel cartoons, I’m guessing S1’s VAs will be...
  • Black Panther: James C. Mathis III (confirmed)
  • Sigma: Chris Tergliafera (confirmed)
  • Monster Hunter: Melissa Huchison (confirmed)
  • Venom: Corey Feldman (see Marvel’s Spider-Man)
  • Winter Soldier: Bob Bergen (see Marvel’s Avengers Assemble)
  • Black Widow: Laura Bailey (see Marvel’s Avengers Assemble)

brian!

I've been having trouble against a particular haggar online, he stuffs me hard with all his jump attacks and just seems really good at positioning his cross-ups in a way i havent figured out. Now i see max's dbl dante clip and it's the same guy so im gonna tell myself he was cheating lol

FinKL

Oh and yes, fuck the fake slowdown at the end of each fight. Ugh

I thought it was just unoptimization for the longest time until I saw it on the final build. I'm sorry that fake ass 15fps slowdown bugs me the most along with some of the voices. Marvel3 was pretty hype because of the vocals, here not so much Spencer Dormmamu Dante etc

I'm still having fun with Capt Marvel and Dorm. Didn't really like Gamora even though she seems good

I think the double Dante dude is just using a simple cheat engine, and I don't think he could achieve that, but then again stranger things, right?

Yeah, I too need to stop panicking while I play. I'm super awful about it. Marvel is the most fun I've had with a fighting game in a while, and while I like me some SFV, I really wish it had a gem like system. Hard as shit to balance, but still.

Neoxon

I wonder if this is why Bailey didn't voice Chun in this game after voicing her in the last two SFs.
She was probably doing Uncharted: Lost Legacy when the base roster’s voice acting was recorded. If anything, this scenario probably worked to Marvel’s benefit.

The only other option for Black Widow is Vanessa Marshall (see The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes), but she’s already Gamora in MvCI.

Durden77

I really think Ant Man was going to be DLC, otherwise they probably wouldn't have stripped him from Hawkeye's lvl 3 so he would have some sort of presence in the game. Marvel's not going to remove an opportunity to include one of their featured characters, especially if the super already has a base to work off of from UMvC3.

My hope is that they're just having trouble with him and he'll come later.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
But see, pushing them back implies withholding content that's already done. As Wiz said, it's probably a decision done far before to coinside with the release of the game.

I mean, whether Capcom did so or not is anyone's guess. But a model being done doesn't necessarily make for a completed character, especially when XKira boys didn't find shit about it in the files.

Of course, I'm aware of that.

I do not know why you are so insists to claim that models =/= completed characters toward to me TWICE when I'm always aware of that. I meant obviously it's in case with almost all of the DLC characters. Models always get finished FIRST.

However with this case, there should be one character that could potentially being done character but got pushed back due to the issue with Ant-Man. It's jut a theory, not a fact.

I could've sworn it was the first trailer. Must've been the first story trailer I'm remembering.

When did we get the Ant-Man rumors?

EuroGamer and Polygon leaked Ant-Man in December, and Ryce leaked the roster leak (with Ant-Man) during May.

DrArchon

EuroGamer and Polygon leaked Ant-Man in December, and Ryce leaked the roster leak (with Ant-Man) during May.

I guess it is possible then that Sigma was "held back" for parity purposes. I still doubt it though. I have no idea why Ultron is in the base game and Sigma isn't, but I'm not going to assume Sigma was held back without some real substantial proof of it.

That’s who Marvel casted as Eddie Brock/Venom for the current Spider-Man cartoon. The only other option is Benjamin Diskin (see The Spectacular Spider-Man), who’s already Nova.

Venom will probably have some kind of voice filter, so Benjamin Diskin could voice Venom without much overlap.

Ok - so - I can go buy a CronusMAX today, at a Gamestop not far from my work, for 59.99. OR I found a retailer online that has Brooks PS3 to PS4 converters in stock for 39.99, regular ass shipping, so I would get it next Friday at the earliest. I have plenty of other games to work on, but this is Marvel baby. What would you all do in this scenario?

I'm tempted to do the 39.99 Brooks still, because I feel I can hold out just a little longer, and deal with controller doody for now :(

Lyonaz

Captain Marvel's 7th mission, I can't seem to connect the aerial down HP, how fast do I need to jump and press down HP?

Anth0ny

Ant Man is definitely a tough one with his whole grow/shrink gimmick. Very hard to translate to a fighting game. Without it, you have a generic dude in a suit that isn't special in any way.

I kinda think the best way to utilize him would have just been as Hawkeye's partner, like Rocket with Groot. You can call him in, he'd grow and punch the opponent, and then of course you'd have Hawkeye's level 3 be the same as it was in Marvel 3.

He's an important and popular character now though thanks to the MCU, so I do hope he gets in anyways, even if his moveset is kinda boring. I'm sure they could think of something if they tried hard enough.

That's why I'm curious AF to see Atom in IJ2. I really just wanna see a character who's gimmick revolves almost entirely on their ability to shrink.

Top Bottom