• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Nightengale
Member
(04-21-2017, 01:41 PM)
Nightengale's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bits N Pieces

So its Halo 6 and Forza Horizon 4 for 2018 and that's it? Maybe a AA game like ReCore or Ori if we're lucky?

I'll wait till after E3 has been and gone before proclaiming that as what is going to happen.

My guess:

- Halo 6
- FH4
- unknown AAA game by external dev
- unknown AA game by external dev like ReCore/Ori
sam777
Banned
(04-21-2017, 01:43 PM)
I would really like Forza Horizon 4 to be set in Japan, that would be immense.
digoutyoursoul
Member
(04-21-2017, 01:44 PM)
digoutyoursoul's Avatar

Originally Posted by m23

Itagaki can't make a Ninja Gaiden if that's what you were implying. Though a spiritual successor would be something... Itagaki plsss

A spiritual successor it is then
cartoon_soldier
Member
(04-21-2017, 01:46 PM)
cartoon_soldier's Avatar
Ninja Jayden starting Jayden Smith

MS does need some 3rd party exclusivity and better marketing deals. Hoping something from Ubisoft is there, Splinter Cell would be good.

But I would prefer a 3rd party new IP launch on Scorpio to showcase it.
Jetboxx
Junior Member
(04-21-2017, 01:49 PM)
Jetboxx's Avatar

Originally Posted by digoutyoursoul

A new Ninja Gaiden or spiritual successor wouldn't go amiss

Ninja Gaiden is owned by Koei Tecmo. And the series is raped and killed by Hayashi so a new Ninja Gaiden game by Itagaki won't happen. As for spiritual successor.... It's possible I think.
Triggerhappytel
Member
(04-21-2017, 01:50 PM)
Triggerhappytel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bits N Pieces

So its Halo 6 and Forza Horizon 4 for 2018 and that's it? Maybe a AA game like ReCore or Ori if we're lucky?

I'll wait till after E3 has been and gone before proclaiming that as what is going to happen.

Here's how I reckon it's going to go:

Halo 3 Anniversary - 2017
Forza 7 - 2017
Crackdown 3 - 2017
State of Decay 2 - 2017
Ori 2 - 2018
Halo 6 - 2018
Forza Horizon 3 - 2018
Sea of Thieves - 2018
Gears 5 - maybe 2018, otherwise an Xbox Two launch title in 2019
Ashen - ??
Cuphead - ??

Maybe another Killer Instinct instalment, and maybe something else from Rare's back-catalogue. Am I missing anything else that has been confirmed or is likely?
Last edited by Triggerhappytel; 04-21-2017 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Added a couple of games
Outrun
Member
(04-21-2017, 01:51 PM)
Outrun's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jetboxx

Ninja Gaiden is owned by Koei Tecmo. And the series is raped and killed by Hayashi so a new Ninja Gaiden game by Itagaki won't happen. As for spiritual successor.... It's possible I think.

It would be nice if Sega let Itagaki have a go at Shinobi.
Poodlestrike
Member
(04-21-2017, 01:51 PM)
Poodlestrike's Avatar

Originally Posted by Triggerhappytel

Here's how I reckon it's going to go:

Halo 3 Anniversary - 2017
Forza 7 - 2017
Crackdown 3 - 2017
State of Decay 2 - 2017
Ori 2 - 2018
Halo 6 - 2018
Forza Horizon 3 - 2018
Sea of Thieves - 2018
Gears 5 - maybe 2018, otherwise a an Xbox Two launch title in 2019

Maybe another Killer Instinct instalment, and maybe something else from Rare's back-catalogue. Am I missing anything else that has been confirmed or is likely?

H3A has been repeatedly deconfirmed. Really doubt it's happening at this point.

I'd also throw Cuphead on there. It's got to come out eventually.
rrc1594
Member
(04-21-2017, 01:57 PM)
rrc1594's Avatar

Originally Posted by Triggerhappytel

Here's how I reckon it's going to go:

Halo 3 Anniversary - 2017
Forza 7 - 2017
Crackdown 3 - 2017
State of Decay 2 - 2017
Ori 2 - 2018
Halo 6 - 2018
Forza Horizon 3 - 2018
Sea of Thieves - 2018
Gears 5 - maybe 2018, otherwise a an Xbox Two launch title in 2019

Maybe another Killer Instinct instalment, and maybe something else from Rare's back-catalogue. Am I missing anything else that has been confirmed or is likely?

Not happening
Triggerhappytel
Member
(04-21-2017, 01:59 PM)
Triggerhappytel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Poodlestrike

H3A has been repeatedly deconfirmed. Really doubt it's happening at this point.

Originally Posted by rrc1594

Not happening

Fair enough, although I still wouldn't be surprised if they're bluffing and it does show up at E3. If it's got a massive boost in graphics especially for Scorpio I'm sure a lot of folk would be very excited for it.
m23
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:11 PM)
m23's Avatar

Originally Posted by Triggerhappytel

Here's how I reckon it's going to go:

Halo 3 Anniversary - 2017
Forza 7 - 2017
Crackdown 3 - 2017
State of Decay 2 - 2017
Ori 2 - 2018
Halo 6 - 2018
Forza Horizon 3 - 2018
Sea of Thieves - 2018
Gears 5 - maybe 2018, otherwise an Xbox Two launch title in 2019
Ashen - ??
Cuphead - ??

Maybe another Killer Instinct instalment, and maybe something else from Rare's back-catalogue. Am I missing anything else that has been confirmed or is likely?

Gears 5 would be 2019 at the earliest. No way they release Halo 6 and Gears 5 in the same year. Also really doubt we see Xbox Two in 2019.
Zedox
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:15 PM)
Zedox's Avatar
2017
Sea of Thieves
Crackdown 3
Forza 7
State of Decay
Ori 2
Cuphead


2018
Halo 6
Forza Horizon 4


2019
Gears of War 5
Forza 8

Everything else is unknown
Jetboxx
Junior Member
(04-21-2017, 02:18 PM)
Jetboxx's Avatar

Originally Posted by Outrun

It would be nice if Sega let Itagaki have a go at Shinobi.

Also Virtua Fighter :)
Bits N Pieces
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:23 PM)
Bits N Pieces's Avatar
I think it is waaaaaaay to early to even think about seeing whatever Moon are working on this year and I dont think we see a H3A this year either.
gaming_noob
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:26 PM)
gaming_noob's Avatar

Originally Posted by rrc1594

Not happening

I'm ok with that. If they are going to remaster one of the best Halos then they should do it on true next gen hardware. I would still give it a chance though if it comes to Scorpio. I didn't have a good experience the first time i played it.
Steverulez
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:28 PM)
Steverulez's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bits N Pieces

I think it is waaaaaaay to early to even think about seeing whatever Moon are working on this year and I dont think we see a H3A this year either.

Well this is the anniversary year for Halo 3 so if it's not happening now I don't think it will be happening. It's already on Xbox One anyway

Originally Posted by gaming_noob

I'm ok with that. If they are going to remaster one of the best Halos then they should do it on true next gen hardware. I would still give it a chance though if it comes to Scorpio. I didn't have a good experience the first time i played it.

Didn't you see his post earlier? Thomas has red bull and yogurt it will be fine
IncognitoPanda
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:28 PM)
IncognitoPanda's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bits N Pieces

I think it is waaaaaaay to early to even think about seeing whatever Moon are working on this year and I dont think we see a H3A this year either.

Exactly. Didn't Ori spend 5 years on development?
Hatefilled Vengeance
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:29 PM)
How would it be too early? Ori released March 2015. I'd be shocked if there isn't a trailer for their next game this E3, probably releasing Spring 2018.

Also, 2018 will be the 10 year anniversary of Gears 2. So maybe they'd do an anniversary update.
Triggerhappytel
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:30 PM)
Triggerhappytel's Avatar

Originally Posted by m23

Gears 5 would be 2019 at the earliest. No way they release Halo 6 and Gears 5 in the same year. Also really doubt we see Xbox Two in 2019.

I can see the next consoles releasing in 2019. This gen started in 2013 and at 7-8 years it's widely thought last gen went on way too long. Although things are different now we're into mid-gen refreshes, so who knows how things are going to play out.

Originally Posted by Bits N Pieces

I think it is waaaaaaay to early to even think about seeing whatever Moon are working on this year and I dont think we see a H3A this year either.

I'm pretty sure Tomas Mahler has heavily hinted that they will be at E3 this year.

Originally Posted by IncognitoPanda

Exactly. Didn't Ori spend 5 years on development?

Maybe, but developing a sequel is a much different proposition to creating a new IP. I doubt it would take 5 years again.
speedomodel
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:43 PM)
speedomodel's Avatar
Between Below and Cuphead, one of them will be similar to Inside last year. Announced on stage as available right now or in a week or so.
Bits N Pieces
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:49 PM)
Bits N Pieces's Avatar

Originally Posted by Steverulez

Well this is the anniversary year for Halo 3 so if it's not happening now I don't think it will be happening. It's already on Xbox One anyway



Didn't you see his post earlier? Thomas has red bull and yogurt it will be fine

That was kind of my point, H3 is already playable through the MCC and we've been told this is a no Halo/Gears year. It's not happening and whatever Moon are working on might get shown at E3 but in no way is it a 2017 release.
RoKKeR
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:52 PM)
RoKKeR's Avatar

Originally Posted by speedomodel

Between Below and Cuphead, one of them will be similar to Inside last year. Announced on stage as available right now or in a week or so.

I'd hope so. Cuphead needs to get the hell out there already.
Poodlestrike
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:55 PM)
Poodlestrike's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zedox

2017
Sea of Thieves
Crackdown 3
Forza 7
State of Decay
Ori 2
Cuphead


2018
Halo 6
Forza Horizon 4


2019
Gears of War 5
Forza 8

Everything else is unknown

Sea of Thieves is probably not launching for real this year. I could easily see them dropping it into Game Preview in the fall, but official retail release? No way.
Zedox
Member
(04-21-2017, 03:03 PM)
Zedox's Avatar

Originally Posted by Poodlestrike

Sea of Thieves is probably not launching for real this year. I could easily see them dropping it into Game Preview in the fall, but official retail release? No way.

I look at Game Preview and official release as the same as being released. :P

Though I still think it will be released this year.
speedomodel
Member
(04-21-2017, 03:27 PM)
speedomodel's Avatar

Originally Posted by RoKKeR

I'd hope so. Cuphead needs to get the hell out there already.

I bet you Cuphead is done or close to it and they're waiting for E3 to drop it. Give themselves some boom boom on stage.
JlNX
Member
(04-21-2017, 03:49 PM)
JlNX's Avatar
My E3 Predictions

-Forza motorsport early September 2017
-Scorpio launch early September 2017
-State of Decay 2 late September 2017
-Crackdown 3 October 2017
-Third party season
-Sea of thieves March 2018
-Ori and the Will of the Wisp May 2018
-Killer instinct 2 September 2018
-Forza Horizon 4 September 2018
-Halo 6 October 2018

Guesses? (likely to most unlikely)

-Unknown second party project 2018
-Adam Isgreen's next project (Ori, SOD, KI) 2018
-Rare's second game 2019
-OG Xbox BC 2017
-age of empires 4 2018
-Phantom dust remake 2018

Did anyone try to figure out how many of the 14 games (Shannon Loftis) that are in development are ones we don't know about or can't guess?
krang
Member
(04-21-2017, 03:51 PM)
krang's Avatar

Originally Posted by JlNX

My E3 Predictions

-Forza motorsport early September 2017
-Scorpio launch early September 2017
-State of Decay 2 late September 2017
-Crackdown 3 October 2017
-Third party season
-Sea of thieves March 2018
-Ori and the Will of the Wisp May 2018
-Killer instinct 2 September 2018
-Forza Horizon 4 September 2018
-Halo 6 October 2018

Guesses? (likely to most unlikely)

-Unknown second party project 2018
-Adam Isgreen's next project (Ori, SOD, KI) 2018
-Rare's second game 2019
-OG Xbox BC 2017
-age of empires 4 2018
-Phantom dust remake 2018

Did anyone try to figure out how many of the 14 games (Shannon Loftis) that are in development are ones we don't know about or can't guess?

🤔

I know what you mean
DriftingSpirit
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:00 PM)
DriftingSpirit's Avatar

Originally Posted by JlNX

Did anyone try to figure out how many of the 14 games (Shannon Loftis) that are in development are ones we don't know about or can't guess?

This is what Shannon said and this is what another user said in response when I posted that quote.

“I head first party game publishing for Xbox One or Windows 10 or any of our platforms. ‘We right now have, i think, 14 games in development. We talked about four of those this morning – Killer Instinct, Scalebound, State of Decay 2, and ReCore. We also have Crackdown 3, which we announced has now been moved into 2017, and there are a few other ones that aren’t quite ready to be talked about yet.”

Originally Posted by Zukkoyaki

Sea of Thieves, Gears 4, Halo Wars 2, Halo 6, Forza Horizon 3 and Forza 7 are another six that would have been included in that number last summer, so that works out to 11 of 14 (assuming that number is accurate). Thinking about what the others could be, probably Ori 2 and then two mystery games.

What do y'all think?
Nightengale
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:00 PM)
Nightengale's Avatar

Originally Posted by JlNX

Did anyone try to figure out how many of the 14 games (Shannon Loftis) that are in development are ones we don't know about or can't guess?

The Shannon Fourteen:

Confirmed:
1. Scalebound ( cancelled )
2. ReCore
3. Killer Instinct
4. Crackdown 3
5. State of Decay 2

Unspecified:
6. Halo Wars 2
7. Forza Horizon 3
8. Sea of Thieves
9. Gears of War 4

Rumored:
10. Halo 6
11. Forza Motorsport 7
12. Ori 2
13. Unannounced Rare Project #2
14. Unanounced Ex.Dev Project

Honestly, that 14 games quote feels weird. It's way too low, considering she loops in Killer Instinct into the equation.
blakep267
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:01 PM)
blakep267's Avatar
I'm gonna say

-Playerunknown's Battlegrounds available on game preview after the conference
- Cuphead, Below and Tacoma all this summer
- Forza 7 September
- Crackdown 3 Fall 2017
- State of Decay Fall 2017
- Sea of Thieves Spring 2018
- We Happy few full release 2018 spring
- Ori 2 Spring/Summer 2018
- Forza Horizon 4 Fall 2018
-Halo 6 fall 2018
- Something minecraft

Bold predictions
- Ashen has gotten a slightly bigger budget and is also a spring 2018 release(website says it's a 3rd person action RPG)
- 1 exclusive from Capcom for 2018 beyond
- A new exclusive fighting game
- Recore sequel using UE4
Last edited by blakep267; 04-21-2017 at 04:05 PM.
Triggerhappytel
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:02 PM)
Triggerhappytel's Avatar

Originally Posted by JlNX

Did anyone try to figure out how many of the 14 games (Shannon Loftis) that are in development are ones we don't know about or can't guess?

Are those 14 internal projects, or 14 games Microsoft Studios has a stake in, do you know? If it's the latter it could include Cuphead, for instance, but if it's the former that means there's quite a few we don't know about yet.

When did she make the statement?
DriftingSpirit
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:04 PM)
DriftingSpirit's Avatar
Phantom Dust news next week.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...1&postcount=33

Originally Posted by Triggerhappytel

Are those 14 internal projects, or 14 games Microsoft Studios has a stake in, do you know? If it's the latter it could include Cuphead, for instance, but if it's the former that means there's quite a few we don't know about yet.

When did she make the statement?

It is the latter.
Zukkoyaki
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:07 PM)
Zukkoyaki's Avatar
I'm expecting 2018 do have some quality games but just be super predictable and therefore boring for a lot of folks:

- Halo 6 (announced at E3)
- Forza Horizon 4
- Sea of Thieves (I don't believe for a second it's out this year)
- Ori 2 (announced at E3)
- New AA IP from an external dev (announced at E3)

I keep mentioning this in my E3 predictions but I still think Xbox One is going to receive the new Mechwarrior as a console exclusive. Technically Microsoft owns the new IP and Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries is already in the works for PC and scheduled for 2018. Could be a nice release to bad their line-up. Not a lot of decent mech games out there.
Theorry
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:08 PM)
Theorry's Avatar

Originally Posted by blakep267

I'm gonna say

-Playerunknown's Battlegrounds available on game preview after the conference
- Cuphead, Below and Tacoma all this summer
- Forza 7 September
- Crackdown 3 Fall 2017
- State of Decay Fall 2017
- Sea of Thieves Spring 2018
- We Happy few full release 2018 spring
- Ori 2 Spring/Summer 2018
- Forza Horizon 4 Fall 2018
-Halo 6 fall 2018
- Something minecraft

Bold predictions
- Ashen has gotten a slightly bigger budget and is also a spring 2018 release(website says it's a 3rd person action RPG)
- 1 exclusive from Capcom for 2018 beyond
- A new exclusive fighting game
- Recore sequel using UE4

That would be a nice list.
Salty Hippo
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:09 PM)
Salty Hippo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rymuth

Actually, if you're familiar with him, Salty was very much Pro-MS when this gen started. I recall several rather snide and hostile remarks towards Sony and people used avatar quoting to mock him.

I just see his current behavior more of a rather hardcore MS believer who felt like he got burned.

Not excusing his behavior - just don't agree with the label that he's a Sony fan starting shit for shits sake.

I was criticizing Sony mostly for the same things I criticize Microsoft today. Lack of exclusives. I have no camp, I just want to see everyone compete in the area I care the most about, that's all. I think Microsoft had a very good launch, Kinect and price aside. But I started too see red signals when Phil Spencer became head. Never liked him. He became head of first-party precisely before their first-party started to go to shit. People can blame Mattrick for eternity all they want, but Xbox's games development once again went [even more] downhill with Spencer as the head of the division. The downcurve from 2014 to now is crystal clear. The brand has never been this anemic and starving. But let's give him 8 years right, I mean why not.
Triggerhappytel
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:17 PM)
Triggerhappytel's Avatar

Originally Posted by blakep267

- Recore sequel using UE4

Out of interest, has MS ever commented about the sales or performance of Recore? Are there any hints about future projects on Armature's website?
JlNX
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:17 PM)
JlNX's Avatar

Originally Posted by Triggerhappytel

Are those 14 internal projects, or 14 games Microsoft Studios has a stake in, do you know? If it's the latter it could include Cuphead, for instance, but if it's the former that means there's quite a few we don't know about yet.

When did she make the statement?

Well games like Cuphead are under the ID@XBOX banner so they wouldn't be considered Microsoft studios projects. So any project that is considered first party to the publisher, so first and second party to us.

7:27:00 mark she talks about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjoq7snv24I
blakep267
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:28 PM)
blakep267's Avatar

Originally Posted by Triggerhappytel

Out of interest, has MS ever commented about the sales or performance of Recore? Are there any hints about future projects on Armature's website?

Well I'm going by 2 things. I'm assuming the budget for Recore was super small. And 2, they haven't like disavowed it yet. Stuff like Quantum Break or Subset overdrive were almost castes out after their receptions. MS is apparently still working on fixing the game an I could see a sequel since staten apparently wrote it and it feels more connected to MS than the other flops
Poodlestrike
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:31 PM)
Poodlestrike's Avatar

Originally Posted by Triggerhappytel

Out of interest, has MS ever commented about the sales or performance of Recore? Are there any hints about future projects on Armature's website?

Honestly, the mere fact that they're still working on the Definitive Edition says to me that it performed well enough for them to think it has potential.
Theorry
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:31 PM)
Theorry's Avatar
Note sure whats going on with Recore. Tankbot was planned for early 2017. Still havent heard anything yet. Then the rumor about Recore Definitive edition. Something is going on.
Chobel
I shouldn't make bets because every time I do my tag gets worse
(04-21-2017, 04:34 PM)
Chobel's Avatar
Recore didn't perform well, not critically nor finacially. The reason it's being still worked on is most likely because it has a champion: Phil Spencer. For some reason, he really likes the game.
SneakersSO
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:37 PM)
SneakersSO's Avatar

Originally Posted by Theorry

Note sure whats going on with Recore. Tankbot was planned for early 2017. Still havent heard anything yet. Then the rumor about Recore Definitive edition. Something is going on.

Definitive Edition + a Scorpio patch announced at E3. Should release in the 2nd half of the year.

Originally Posted by Poodlestrike

Honestly, the mere fact that they're still working on the Definitive Edition says to me that it performed well enough for them to think it has potential.

Not really - they just need more things to try & showcase Scorpio support and are hoping that a patch and a more fleshed out ReCore experience could be it. Getting them to fix the experience & issue a patch for native 4K to highlight a piece of hardware they are launching is a relatively cheap thing to do, considering all the expensive work has already been done.

Originally Posted by blakep267

Well I'm going by 2 things. I'm assuming the budget for Recore was super small. And 2, they haven't like disavowed it yet. Stuff like Quantum Break or Subset overdrive were almost castes out after their receptions. MS is apparently still working on fixing the game an I could see a sequel since staten apparently wrote it and it feels more connected to MS than the other flops

1. Budget wasn't small.
2. This is just a lemons -> lemonade situation for Scorpio support. Nothing more. If the DE/Scorpio doesn't give this title a 2nd wind for sales, you'll never hear from it again.
Last edited by SneakersSO; 04-21-2017 at 04:42 PM.
Poodlestrike
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:50 PM)
Poodlestrike's Avatar

Originally Posted by SneakersSO

Definitive Edition + a Scorpio patch announced at E3. Should release in the 2nd half of the year.



Not really - they just need more things to try & showcase Scorpio support and are hoping that a patch and a more fleshed out ReCore experience could be it. Getting them to fix the experience & issue a patch for native 4K to highlight a piece of hardware they are launching is a relatively cheap thing to do, considering all the expensive work has already been done.



1. Budget wasn't small.
2. This is just a lemons -> lemonade situation for Scorpio support. Nothing more. If the DE/Scorpio doesn't give this title a 2nd wind for sales, you'll never hear from it again.

They're also adding cut content, though. There's actual dev work going on, not just an upres.

You sure you're an insider?
SneakersSO
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:53 PM)
SneakersSO's Avatar

Originally Posted by Poodlestrike

They're also adding cut content, though. There's actual dev work going on, not just an upres.

You sure you're an insider?

I didn't say it was just an upres - I am fully describing this as a definitive edition, meaning it will get more content. It's getting 'completed', so to speak. I am saying part of the pitch that enabled it to get this extra work greenlit in the first place involved MS wanting another piece of software to help highlight Scorpio support. Heck, the very first line in the post you quote has Definitive Edition + Scorpio Patch as two separate items.
Strootman
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:55 PM)
Strootman's Avatar

Originally Posted by blakep267


Bold predictions
- Ashen has gotten a slightly bigger budget and is also a spring 2018 release(website says it's a 3rd person action RPG)


Ashen sounds (and looks) very interesting and could be an hidden hit.

http://www.ashen-game.com/about/http...ame.com/about/
Jaguar Victory
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:57 PM)
Jaguar Victory's Avatar

Originally Posted by SneakersSO

I didn't say it was just an upres - I am fully describing this as a definitive edition, meaning it will get more content. It's getting 'completed', so to speak. I am saying part of the pitch that enabled it to get this extra work greenlit in the first place involved MS wanting another piece of software to help highlight Scorpio support. Heck, the very first line in the post you quote has Definitive Edition + Scorpio Patch as two separate items.

I'm cool with it since I've been waiting to pick it up. If reports show it's a good effort ill definitely pick it up for Scorpio.
Poodlestrike
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:59 PM)
Poodlestrike's Avatar

Originally Posted by SneakersSO

I didn't say it was just an upres - I am fully describing this as a definitive edition, meaning it will get more content. It's getting 'completed', so to speak. I am saying part of the pitch that enabled it to get this extra work greenlit in the first place involved MS wanting another piece of software to help highlight Scorpio support. Heck, the very first line in the post you quote has Definitive Edition + Scorpio Patch as two separate items.

So... if it was just "part" of the pitch... they did think it had enough potential to be worth putting more money into?
SneakersSO
Member
(04-21-2017, 05:01 PM)
SneakersSO's Avatar

Originally Posted by Poodlestrike

So... if it was just "part" of the pitch... they did think it had enough potential to be worth putting more money into?

Or they were taking advantage of a natural opportunity that came up since one of the bigger titles they had in the pipe to showcase Scorpio support had just been cancelled (Scalebound). Its being done to help mitigate the idea that 1st party Scorpio support is anemic, which is exactly what we're talking about in this very thread.

Had Scalebound not been canned, Tankbot + its area would've been released when they said it was going to be originally (late winter/spring 2017). If this was something that was born from the initial reception or sales, you would've never heard a release timetable for that content, cause they would've just saved all that for one big E3 announcement, versus already telling the audience "Here is what is coming", not delivering it, and coyly not answering any questions as to what is going on until June.
Last edited by SneakersSO; 04-21-2017 at 05:03 PM.
Jetboxx
Junior Member
(04-21-2017, 05:03 PM)
Jetboxx's Avatar

Originally Posted by blakep267

I'm gonna say
- Ashen has gotten a slightly bigger budget and is also a spring 2018 release(website says it's a 3rd person action RPG)

Wondering if Ashen is a timed exclusive. I mean, will it come to PS4 and/or Switch?
Nightengale
Member
(04-21-2017, 05:04 PM)
Nightengale's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jetboxx

Wondering if Ashen is a timed exclusive. I mean, will it come to PS4 and/or Switch?

Never.

Ashen and Cuphead are lifetime MS platform exclusives, like Titanfall 1.

Thread Tools