• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

IntelliHeath
As in "Heathcliff"
(04-21-2017, 06:02 PM)
IntelliHeath's Avatar
Remember what Ryce hinted about one newcomer? I think y'all could figure it out by looking at the roster.
Weiss
Banned
(04-21-2017, 06:04 PM)

Originally Posted by IntelliHeath

Remember what Ryce hinted about one newcomer? I think y'all could figure it out by looking at the roster.

Yeah it's probably Jedah. Wondering how they'll censor him.

I was really hoping for Lord Raptor.
TRUE ORDER
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:05 PM)
TRUE ORDER's Avatar

Originally Posted by IntelliHeath

Remember what Ryce hinted about one newcomer? I think y'all could figure it out by looking at the roster.

Yep, it must be Jedah.

I wanted Demitri but at least a newcomer from Ds is welcome.
Jawmuncher
(04-21-2017, 06:06 PM)
Jawmuncher's Avatar
Maybe it's sasquatch or mummy guy
Doctrine Dark
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:07 PM)
Doctrine Dark's Avatar
I always wanted Jedah in the VS series. I'm happy about that.
Mizerman
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:11 PM)
Mizerman's Avatar

Originally Posted by IntelliHeath

Remember what Ryce hinted about one newcomer? I think y'all could figure it out by looking at the roster.

Can't wait!
sixteen-bit
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:11 PM)

Originally Posted by Doctrine Dark

I always wanted Jedah in the VS series. I'm happy about that.

would he be toned down for the T rating tho?
BronsonLee
Banned
(04-21-2017, 06:12 PM)
Ryce if you don't confirm or deny this I'm going to call Eventhubs
Doctrine Dark
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:18 PM)
Doctrine Dark's Avatar

Originally Posted by sixteen-bit

would he be toned down for the T rating tho?

Most likely. We'll have to see how creative they could get with this one.
Jawmuncher
(04-21-2017, 06:18 PM)
Jawmuncher's Avatar
I ain't putting any stake in Jedah until I see that fucker with my own eyes in MVCI
christiankid7
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:22 PM)
christiankid7's Avatar

Originally Posted by Neoxon

..........The Green Goblin thing now balances out you not caring for the X-Men coming back.


Oh shit, almost forgot. I thought he was already on the list. So assuming there's just 32, the last 4 for each side I'm expecting are...

  • Marvel: Thor, Hulk, Star-Lord, Ultron (or Black Widow if Ultron is only a boss)
  • Capcom: Chun-Li, Phoenix Wright, Asura, Sigma (or Wesker if Sigma is only a boss)

I think I'd see Hawkeye over Star Lord.

If this is accurate completely, and we were to say there's 36 at launch for the sake of expanding the roster, who would be the last characters you'd want to see?
J-Tier
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:22 PM)
J-Tier's Avatar

Originally Posted by IntelliHeath

I would be shocked iF we didn't get 1/4 ratio with female characters.

I would like to see:

Nina, Regina, Ammy, Squirrel Girl, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Phoenix, Scarlet Witch, Songbird

I'm on board with your cast of females. I'd like to see Black Widow too personally. She's so vanilla that it'd be interesting to see if they could make her exciting.

Though if I had to choose, I'd pick the Punisher over any other munitions expert.
Ryce
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:23 PM)
Ryce's Avatar

Originally Posted by BronsonLee

Ryce if you don't confirm or deny this I'm going to call Eventhubs

Most of what I know is mentioned by Rikurikumore, but thereís also a lot of stuff heís saying that I havenít heard, so I canít say if heís legit or not. He hasnít outright contradicted any of the info I was given, though.
Zaverious
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:27 PM)
Zaverious's Avatar
So probably like 8 or 10 more characters left given that roster. I hope the Capcom side has a lot more new and left field people then. I look forward to their side of the roster the most.
Although I gotta say create a characters or defaults like Hunter don't really interest me. Would've rather had just a monster like Ratholos or Brachydios.
Caj814
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:29 PM)
Caj814's Avatar
Still awaiting news. . .some news. . .any news. . . .any day now
Jawmuncher
(04-21-2017, 06:30 PM)
Jawmuncher's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zaverious

So probably like 8 or 10 more characters left given that roster. I hope the Capcom side has a lot more new and left field people then. I look forward to their side of the roster the most.

This is where i'm at. I come to MVC for the capcom side of the roster. The marvel side could literally be all reskins of shield agents and I wouldn't care so long as the capcom side is nice and diversified. MVC3 treated me pretty well, especially with it's 4 RE characters. Will be interesting to see if MVCI treats me well. I can say that if the roster doesn't have at least one big stand out for me, that i'll wait for it to hit $40 before picking it up.
Zaverious
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:35 PM)
Zaverious's Avatar
Could all be alleviated by the Capcom All-Stars game we'll never get. They'd probably do another Marvel Super Heroes in 10 years before that. :(
SaikyoBro
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:35 PM)
SaikyoBro's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ryce

Most of what I know is mentioned by Rikurikumore, but thereís also a lot of stuff heís saying that I havenít heard, so I canít say if heís legit or not. He hasnít outright contradicted any of the info I was given, though.

It's worth mentioning that I'm on the same page. I don't technically know for sure if everything he's saying is correct, but we've received enough similar information for me to consider him trustworthy.

If he ends up having some details wrong, please, don't crucify me.
Sesha
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:43 PM)
Sesha's Avatar
If the rumor is real then I hope some of the characters, Capcom side in particular, is DLC, or the base roster is gonna be bigger than we think, because otherwise the list is kinda wack.
Motion Picture Soundtrack
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:46 PM)
Motion Picture Soundtrack's Avatar

Originally Posted by SaikyoBro

It's worth mentioning that I'm on the same page. I don't technically know for sure if everything he's saying is correct, but we've received enough similar information for me to consider him trustworthy.

If he ends up having some details wrong, please, don't crucify me.

Are you able to say what details they posted are completely new to you?
christiankid7
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:46 PM)
christiankid7's Avatar
At this point, I doubt Chun Li/Akuma/SFV rep is a safe bet anymore. We might just have Ryu as the sole SF character which is a shock.



Is it weird that the only Capcom franchises to get two characters at the moment are Darkstalkers and Megaman?
sixteen-bit
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:48 PM)
I think Chun is a lock for sure
christiankid7
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:50 PM)
christiankid7's Avatar

Originally Posted by sixteen-bit

I think Chun is a lock for sure

As a chun li fan, I hope not at this point.
Jawmuncher
(04-21-2017, 06:52 PM)
Jawmuncher's Avatar
Ive accepted this roster won't be as good as MvC3 for me
Dahbomb
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:53 PM)
Dahbomb's Avatar
I had a "dream" about Marvel Infinite.

It wasn't a good "dream"...
SaikyoBro
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:55 PM)
SaikyoBro's Avatar

Originally Posted by Motion Picture Soundtrack

Are you able to say what details they posted are completely new to you?

I hadn't heard about Venom, Songbird, Captain Commando, Arthur or any GnG character, Spider-Man, Leon, Strider, Doc Ock, Black Panther, Ant-Man, or any MH characters.

He sounds like he knows a lot more than I do, but everything I didn't just mention I had heard with strikingly similar detail (including his exact lineup of F4 DLC characters).
Zaverious
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:57 PM)
Zaverious's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jawmuncher

Ive accepted this roster won't be as good as MvC3 for me

Man if those games weren't rushed for release...
IntelliHeath
As in "Heathcliff"
(04-21-2017, 07:09 PM)
IntelliHeath's Avatar

Originally Posted by J-Tier

I'm on board with your cast of females. I'd like to see Black Widow too personally. She's so vanilla that it'd be interesting to see if they could make her exciting.

Though if I had to choose, I'd pick the Punisher over any other munitions expert.

Yeah, those women would be great fighters and I'm pretty sure they could come up many ways to make them unique.

Originally Posted by Zaverious

Man if those games weren't rushed for release...

If they would able to get last 8 characters in then the roster would be more likely to be unbeatable.
TRUE ORDER
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:13 PM)
TRUE ORDER's Avatar

Originally Posted by SaikyoBro

I hadn't heard about Venom, Songbird, Captain Commando, Arthur or any GnG character, Spider-Man, Leon, Strider, Doc Ock, Black Panther, Ant-Man, or any MH characters.

He sounds like he knows a lot more than I do, but everything I didn't just mention I had heard with strikingly similar detail (including his exact lineup of F4 DLC characters).

So, mostly the FF part and Frank/Dante.
What abot the X-Men characters? Do you know something about that?
Undead Fantasy
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:16 PM)
Undead Fantasy's Avatar

Originally Posted by IntelliHeath

I'm going to put the rumors together to create a roster, from few sources. I recommend people to take it with a grain of salts.

Capcom
Ryu - Confirmed
Mega Man X - Confirmed
Morrigan - Confirmed
Hunter from Monster Hunter
Jedah
Leon Kennedy
Strider
Spencer
Captain Commendo
GnG Rep
Dante
Frank West


Marvel
Iron Man - Confirmed
Captain Marvel - Confirmed
Captain America - Confirmed
Rocket Racoon & Groot
Dr. Strange
Spider-Man
Venom
Dr. Octopus
Black Panther
Ms. Marvel
Songbird
Ant-Man

Super Skrull, Doctor Doom or/and Silver Surfer may be DLC so I'm not going to put them up on the list.

No Wesker..

T_T
Doctrine Dark
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:27 PM)
Doctrine Dark's Avatar
That's just the partial roster. Hulk and Thor aren't even listed and we know they're in.
TRUE ORDER
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:27 PM)
TRUE ORDER's Avatar

Originally Posted by Undead Fantasy

No Wesker..

T_T

He's the most likely RE character to return IMO
(I'm hoping for him and Jill)
J-Tier
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:29 PM)
J-Tier's Avatar
In regards to Jedah, I don't think he'll be censored per se, I do think the "blood" will be a different color. Decapitation may pose an issue in some countries, but the other self-mutilation moves aren't super crazy if presented properly.

I've reiterated this belief probably 20+ times previously in the thread. Sorry if y'all are sick of it.

X-men are property of Fox and won't be in the roster, maybe as DLC. ;P
Motion Picture Soundtrack
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:34 PM)
Motion Picture Soundtrack's Avatar
Even with green blood slitting his wrists seems a bit much for mvc.
Zaverious
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:36 PM)
Zaverious's Avatar
Like the only Marvel characters I absolutely want in are Daredevil, Punisher, and Bullseye and I don't care how the rest of the Marvel roster turns out. . Meanwhile there are over 30 Capcom characters I want in the game with Nero, MegaMan.EXE, and Gene at the top.
J-Tier
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:36 PM)
J-Tier's Avatar

Originally Posted by Motion Picture Soundtrack

Even with green blood slitting his wrists seems a bit much for mvc.

Yeah, that and decapitation will probably be changed to something with a similar utility, but less gruesome visual. So I suppose that'll be "censored".
Doctrine Dark
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:38 PM)
Doctrine Dark's Avatar
Already imagining a Fetus of God remix.
J-Tier
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:40 PM)
J-Tier's Avatar

Originally Posted by Doctrine Dark

Already imagining a Fetus of God remix.

I'd love it if they moved forward with the fetus stage.
Neoxon
Junior Member
(04-21-2017, 07:41 PM)
Neoxon's Avatar

Originally Posted by christiankid7

I think I'd see Hawkeye over Star-Lord.

If this is accurate completely, and we were to say there's 36 at launch for the sake of expanding the roster, who would be the last characters you'd want to see?

Considering that the rumored list already has 5 Avengers with probably 2 more (Thor & Hulk), I'd consider a 2nd Guardians rep to be more likely.
sixteen-bit
Member
(04-21-2017, 08:00 PM)

Originally Posted by Dahbomb

I had a "dream" about Marvel Infinite.

It wasn't a good "dream"...

so basically, you nutted?
MoxManiac
Member
(04-21-2017, 08:10 PM)
MoxManiac's Avatar
Haggar will probably return. Hulk will most definitely be in. The leaked list has a lack of Big Fucks.
Dahbomb
Member
(04-21-2017, 08:11 PM)
Dahbomb's Avatar

Originally Posted by sixteen-bit

so basically, you nutted?

It was not a wet dream at all...

Dry as the god damn Sahara desert.
Rickenslacker
nothing's easy
nothing's too hard
(04-21-2017, 08:12 PM)
Rickenslacker's Avatar
It's not too much to hope Taskmaster makes a reappearance right? Loved that he was in 3, just wish he was in a game I'd care to play.
sixteen-bit
Member
(04-21-2017, 08:12 PM)
FYI

Originally Posted by Ban Puncher

25% off Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

http://store.steampowered.com/app/357190

IntelliHeath
As in "Heathcliff"
(04-21-2017, 08:20 PM)
IntelliHeath's Avatar

Originally Posted by MoxManiac

Haggar will probably return. Hulk will most definitely be in. The leaked list has a lack of Big Fucks.

I hope so with Haggar. It's no brainer to see Hulk and Thor coming back.
2n2
Member
(04-21-2017, 08:31 PM)
If Doc Ock gets in, he could move around propped up by his tentacles which could have hit boxes, effectively making him a big body character.
Neonep
Member
(04-21-2017, 08:43 PM)
Neonep's Avatar

Originally Posted by 2n2

If Doc Ock gets in, he could move around propped up by his tentacles which could have hit boxes, effectively making him a big body character.

Better yet he can walk on 2 tentacles and on 2 feet.
Anbec7
Member
(04-21-2017, 08:45 PM)
Anbec7's Avatar
I want Star-Lord & Gamora (Sorry rocket)

Also I just found out that Doom is now... Iron Man (?!) so we will have 2 Iron Man's? Or at least an skin for Iron Man I guess...
TRUE ORDER
Member
(04-21-2017, 09:02 PM)
TRUE ORDER's Avatar

Originally Posted by J-Tier

X-men are property of Fox and won't be in the roster, maybe as DLC. ;P

You don't have a soul or heart! :(
Spade
Member
(04-21-2017, 09:09 PM)
Spade's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rickenslacker

It's not too much to hope Taskmaster makes a reappearance right? Loved that he was in 3, just wish he was in a game I'd care to play.

Would be nice if they brought him back. Had a lot of fun with him in 3.

Thread Tools