• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Chairmanchuck
Member
(04-21-2017, 01:33 PM)
Chairmanchuck's Avatar
So. What about the patch, that S-E announced like 1 week after release?
Locuza
Member
(04-21-2017, 01:50 PM)
Locuza's Avatar

Originally Posted by Chairmanchuck

So. What about the patch, that S-E announced like 1 week after release?



I hope the same doesn't happen to Bayonetta 1, like thx for your support, we got your issue reports and then ...
....
.....
.......
........
Rayge
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:00 PM)
Rayge's Avatar

Originally Posted by Arkanius

A 1080 Ti gets you locked 60 fps
If I framerate unlock I get aprox 100-110 fps at 1440p. Everything maxed and no optimization to the global illumination.

The game shouldn't require that much, but yeah, that GI is expensive.

60FPS at 4K without tinkering with settings? I have a Titan Xp (2017) and it doesn't even allow for that kind of performance.
DOT DASH DOT
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:30 PM)
DOT DASH DOT's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pixieking

This Steam Community thread is linked to in the OP, which answers your questions. :) Download an exe in the first instance or drag/drop files if the exe doesn't work for you.

Thanks.
Arkanius
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:30 PM)
Arkanius's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rayge

60FPS at 4K without tinkering with settings? I have a Titan Xp (2017) and it doesn't even allow for that kind of performance.

Not sure about 4K. I was saying that since at 1440p you get 100-110 you can get a locked 60FPS at that resolution. 4K should be very close to 60FPS if not locked.

But I'm trying to scale it linearly, and maybe GI is even more expensive at 4K.
DOT DASH DOT
Member
(04-21-2017, 03:31 PM)
DOT DASH DOT's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rayge

60FPS at 4K without tinkering with settings? I have a Titan Xp (2017) and it doesn't even allow for that kind of performance.

Out of interest, what did you have to tweak for locked 60?
Rayge
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:07 PM)
Rayge's Avatar

Originally Posted by DOT DASH DOT

Out of interest, what did you have to tweak for locked 60?

Global Illumination. You can set it to low or turn it off to get high framerates. I usually stand around the resistance camp to adjust settings since its one of the most demanding areas in the game. You really need overpriced hardware to push this game.

I don't even run the game at 4K outside of taking screen shots. I usually run it at 1440p for high frame rates and around 3K resolution for 60FPS. I like using High GI settings in FAR.

Originally Posted by Arkanius

Not sure about 4K. I was saying that since at 1440p you get 100-110 you can get a locked 60FPS at that resolution. 4K should be very close to 60FPS if not locked.

But I'm trying to scale it linearly, and maybe GI is even more expensive at 4K.

My bad man. I thought you were referring to the earlier question.
Last edited by Rayge; 04-21-2017 at 04:17 PM.
Skyfireblaze
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:21 PM)
Skyfireblaze's Avatar
So by all the posts here I'm taking that the performance I observe is normal? I get locked 60fps with everything maxed and FAR installed at 1080p with 4x ingame AA. If I push it to 1440p without AA I get around 50fps and honestly I feel the game looks worse.

My System:

i5 3570k @ 4.4ghz
Palit DUAL GTX 1070 at stock
16gb DDR3 RAM @ 2000mhz
Windows 7

I didn't mess with the FAR settings at all though yet.
tuxfool
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:58 PM)

Originally Posted by Skyfireblaze

So by all the posts here I'm taking that the performance I observe is normal? I get locked 60fps with everything maxed and FAR installed at 1080p with 4x ingame AA. If I push it to 1440p without AA I get around 50fps and honestly I feel the game looks worse.

My System:

i5 3570k @ 4.4ghz
Palit DUAL GTX 1070 at stock
16gb DDR3 RAM @ 2000mhz
Windows 7

I didn't mess with the FAR settings at all though yet.

You should turn off the 4X MSAA, it interacts badly with the LOD system as it increases pop-in and causes issues with AO. You should install FAR and reduce the GI to medium levels, this should get you 60+ fps on 1440p.
GHG
Member
(04-21-2017, 05:02 PM)
GHG's Avatar
I'm probably going to get a PS4 pro next week, does it perform more consistently on that in comparison to how my 980ti 3570k system would run it?

I don't have time to tinker these days, my spare time is precious.
Dragon1893
Member
(04-21-2017, 05:09 PM)
Dragon1893's Avatar

Originally Posted by GHG

I'm probably going to get a PS4 pro next week, does it perform more consistently on that in comparison to how my 980ti 3570k system would run it?

I don't have time to tinker these days, my spare time is precious.

Installing the mod to lower GI is very easy and will give you better performance than the Pro on that setup.
DOT DASH DOT
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:11 PM)
DOT DASH DOT's Avatar
How much visible difference is there between GI low and high?
GHG
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:31 PM)
GHG's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dragon1893

Installing the mod to lower GI is very easy and will give you better performance than the Pro on that setup.

Ok so I install the mod and then is it pre-configured or do I have to sort it out using the key bindings and a keyboard?
ezodagrom
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:47 PM)
ezodagrom's Avatar

Originally Posted by DOT DASH DOT

How much visible difference is there between GI low and high?

Quality wise, the lowest I'd recommend is manually setting it to 48 on FAR.ini (48 being between medium/32 and high/64).
There's some noticeable downgrades when setting it to lower than that.

I guess it's probably better to settle for a slightly lower resolution instead.
Eclectic Sk3ptic
Junior Member
(04-21-2017, 06:50 PM)
Eclectic Sk3ptic's Avatar

Originally Posted by DOT DASH DOT

How much visible difference is there between GI low and high?

The following thread on Steam forums has a few comparisons you might want to see.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/52422...4682724/?ctp=2
DOT DASH DOT
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:54 PM)
DOT DASH DOT's Avatar

Originally Posted by ezodagrom

Quality wise, the lowest I'd recommend is manually setting it to 48 on FAR.ini (48 being between medium/32 and high/64).
There's some noticeable downgrades when setting it to lower than that.

I guess it's probably better to settle for a slightly lower resolution instead.

Originally Posted by Eclectic Sk3ptic

The following thread on Steam forums has a few comparisons you might want to see.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/52422...4682724/?ctp=2

So you leave GI off in game, and edit it through the mod then?
Eclectic Sk3ptic
Junior Member
(04-21-2017, 07:13 PM)
Eclectic Sk3ptic's Avatar

Originally Posted by DOT DASH DOT

So you leave GI off in game, and edit it through the mod then?

GI is not configurable in-game, so you'll need the mod for that. FAR's presets for GI are Ultra (default), High (64), Medium (32), Low (16) and off. Ezodagrom is suggesting
that you manually set the GI value to 48.
dhatt1
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:13 PM)
dhatt1's Avatar
I'm getting between 45-55 fps @ 1080p with a i7 3770k & gtx670 with FAR installed and some stuff turned off, was I expecting too much??

I just don't want to admit I need to upgrade :(
DOT DASH DOT
Member
(04-21-2017, 07:23 PM)
DOT DASH DOT's Avatar

Originally Posted by Eclectic Sk3ptic

GI is not configurable in-game, so you'll need the mod for that. FAR's presets for GI are Ultra (default), High (64), Medium (32), Low (16) and off. Ezodagrom is suggesting
that you manually set the GI value to 48.

Oh I see, thanks for clearing it up.
DOT DASH DOT
Member
(04-21-2017, 09:10 PM)
DOT DASH DOT's Avatar
This is looking and running great at 4K with GI on high, absolutely solid 60fps (opening area)
cwistofu
Member
(04-21-2017, 09:52 PM)
With everything else but AA maxed, will I need to lower GI for 1440p @ 60fps on a i5-6600K and 1070?
Last edited by cwistofu; 04-21-2017 at 10:21 PM.
Skyfireblaze
Member
(04-21-2017, 10:10 PM)
Skyfireblaze's Avatar

Originally Posted by tuxfool

You should turn off the 4X MSAA, it interacts badly with the LOD system as it increases pop-in and causes issues with AO. You should install FAR and reduce the GI to medium levels, this should get you 60+ fps on 1440p.

Okay thanks. I tried this and it seems that FAR isn't properly for me. Setting options via the .ini seems to work as I can get the game running properly in borderless mode and all but I can't call the overlay with CTRL+SHIFT+Backspace, nothing happens when I press it :/
DOT DASH DOT
Member
(04-21-2017, 10:17 PM)
DOT DASH DOT's Avatar
Now that I'm in the open, I get stuttering with GI on high 4K, medium absolutely sorts it out.
Mubbed
Member
(04-21-2017, 11:13 PM)
Mubbed's Avatar
Is there a fix for the pop-in? I have FAR installed and AA turned off already.
DOT DASH DOT
Member
(04-21-2017, 11:22 PM)
DOT DASH DOT's Avatar
What on earth is going on with borderless gaming 9.1? it introduces a ton of stuttering in certain areas. Really annoying.
ezodagrom
Member
(04-22-2017, 01:28 AM)
ezodagrom's Avatar

Originally Posted by Skyfireblaze

Okay thanks. I tried this and it seems that FAR isn't properly for me. Setting options via the .ini seems to work as I can get the game running properly in borderless mode and all but I can't call the overlay with CTRL+SHIFT+Backspace, nothing happens when I press it :/

Likely some 3rd party software may be getting in the way?
Skyfireblaze
Member
(04-22-2017, 03:39 AM)
Skyfireblaze's Avatar

Originally Posted by ezodagrom

Likely some 3rd party software may be getting in the way?

I thought so too so I disabled the Steam-overlay and fully disabled MSI Afterburner even though I blacklisted Nier already but nothing. I noticed FAR itself does seem to work in full atleast because I set the Global Illumination setting to High manually and can happily run it in 1440p 60fps now and it looks great! :) Any other tweaks I should make? I also already installed the Dualshock button-prompt mod mentioned in the OP.
JaseC
gave away the keys to the kingdom.
(04-22-2017, 12:41 PM)
JaseC's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mubbed

Is there a fix for the pop-in? I have FAR installed and AA turned off already.

Nope.
Toothless Spoon
Member
(04-22-2017, 03:08 PM)
Toothless Spoon's Avatar
I see posts about people enabling AA through Nvidia inspector, but there's no mention of a flag being used - I've tried it and didn't really see a difference, has anyone go this working? Also, is there any HBAO+ option?
JaseC
gave away the keys to the kingdom.
(04-22-2017, 03:45 PM)
JaseC's Avatar

Originally Posted by Toothless Spoon

I see posts about people enabling AA through Nvidia inspector, but there's no mention of a flag being used - I've tried it and didn't really see a difference, has anyone go this working? Also, is there any HBAO+ option?

You can force HBAO+, but it doesn't work all that well.
Confusion Illusion
Member
(04-23-2017, 05:24 PM)
Confusion Illusion's Avatar
How do I get this game to cooperate with Steam BPM? The issue is with display switching. When I turn on BPM, it changes to my TV and most games comply......except this one lol. I launch Nier in BPM, it opens on my monitor. I have to manually change it to the display I'm using in the games settings and it is really annoying now lol.
KScorp
Member
(Yesterday, 02:17 AM)
KScorp's Avatar
Game keeps getting the white screen crash, which is apparently due to the drivers crashing. Running on a 780ti, and the only fixes I see are to run the game on very low settings.

I think I'll just wait until I get a better card... but man I didn't expect this game to be so broken.
Mercuryvoid
Junior Member
(Today, 03:59 AM)
My setup is i5 2500K and 980, 8GB RAM. I got the game couple of days ago, and have been playing it with FAR and Borderless Gaming. Up until 20 hours of gameplay, everything runs perfect. I got 60fps, no stutter, no crash, everything was as smooth as 2B's asset.

Then, the fps just drops into 48fps. Everywhere. My last save is in desert housing complex, I thought it was due to the location, but when I transport back to resistance camp, the problem still exist.

I tried verifying the game, reinstalling FAR, no dice. Anyone else have this kind of problem? Do you have solutions into this particular problem?
miladesn
Member
(Today, 11:17 AM)
miladesn's Avatar
FAR makes my game run worse. In some late parts of the game, it literally becomes slideshow with FAR and any setting. Running without it, the game runs fine. Before these game ending sections FAR was fine, I guess they need to test it some more.
Durante
Come on down to Durante's drivethru PC port fixes. 15 minutes or less. Yelp: ★★★★★

Fixed Souls, Deadly Premonition, Lightning Returns, Umihara Kawase, Symphonia, Little King's Story, PhD, likes mimosas.
(Today, 11:51 AM)
Durante's Avatar
From my testing in a very large number of areas of the game, the "high" setting never seems to have any artifacts compared to the default. So even if you have no performance issues I'd put it at that.

Originally Posted by dhatt1

I'm getting between 45-55 fps @ 1080p with a i7 3770k & gtx670 with FAR installed and some stuff turned off, was I expecting too much??

Well, a 670 is quite a bit slower than a PS4 Pro, and that runs the game at 1080p with a few drops, so you probably need an upgrade ;)
Izuna
Junior Member
(Today, 11:56 AM)
Izuna's Avatar
So soon I'll get to try out performance for this. Will be a 6700HQ and mobile 1070. Did we ever get a higher framerate patch for this?

Also, is Gsync something I want to just enable for all games?
lordfuzzybutt
Member
(Today, 12:03 PM)

Originally Posted by Izuna

So soon I'll get to try out performance for this. Will be a 6700HQ and mobile 1070. Did we ever get a higher framerate patch for this?

Also, is Gsync something I want to just enable for all games?

We never got any patch. And yes, you should try to keep GSync on whenever you can.
Izuna
Junior Member
(Today, 12:20 PM)
Izuna's Avatar

Originally Posted by lordfuzzybutt

We never got any patch. And yes, you should try to keep GSync on whenever you can.

I mean the mods or whatever. Last I read Durante fixed some bloom resolution thing?

Cool about Gsync, that makes everything simpler.
prudislav
Member
(Today, 12:25 PM)
prudislav's Avatar

Originally Posted by Chairmanchuck

So. What about the patch, that S-E announced like 1 week after release?

maybe with the DLC next week
lordfuzzybutt
Member
(Today, 12:39 PM)

Originally Posted by Izuna

I mean the mods or whatever. Last I read Durante fixed some bloom resolution thing?

Cool about Gsync, that makes everything simpler.

The FAR mod, yes. But it will only helps increasing fps if you lower the Global Illumination settings. Durante fixed the bloom resolution not rendering at native res. Setting that to native res will make the game look nicer but decrease fps. Not sure by how much.

Thread Tools