• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Santar
(04-05-2017, 04:39 PM)
If only the'd add a offline mode I'd be all over this.
I won't invest myself in a game I can't own that is dependant on a server being on to run.
Finaika
(04-05-2017, 04:43 PM)

Originally Posted by kurahador

I'm familiar with the game, but good god that trailer is dreadful.

It really captures the MCU feeling tho.
JStein0222
(04-05-2017, 04:46 PM)
I don't love playing on PC, but really enjoyed this game-- CANNOT WAIT!
The Abominable Snowman
Pure Life tonsil tickle
(04-05-2017, 04:46 PM)
Same console co-op?

Hope they dont try to delay this until the Fall
Nokagi
(04-05-2017, 04:48 PM)

Originally Posted by kurahador

I'm familiar with the game, but good god that trailer is dreadful.

Definitely not the prettiest game ever but it's still fun.
KodaRuss
(04-05-2017, 04:48 PM)
Might give it a shot. Looking forward to seeing the character list (Glad to see some X-Men in there).
ReaperXL7
(04-05-2017, 04:49 PM)

Originally Posted by The Abominable Snowman

Same console co-op?

Hope they dont try to delay this until the Fall

Most likely not, it's an MMO.
Pai Pai Master
(04-05-2017, 04:49 PM)

Originally Posted by Seraphis Cain

Will be buying Moon Knight straight away because god dammit it's so rare to actually see him in a game.

I love him in Future Fight :)
LukasTaves
(04-05-2017, 04:52 PM)
Please be more like the ones on Ps2/Xbox than the shitty Ps360 versions.

Edit: What, it's an MMO? hype deflated
Nokagi
(04-05-2017, 04:55 PM)

Originally Posted by Nokagi

I'm guessing I won't be able to use my PC account on PS4 huh?

To answer my own question.

Will my progress/characters/anything transfer over to PlayStation 4 or Xbox One?

There is no plans for any transfers to be given from PC to Console.

=(

Guess I'll stick with the PC version.

FAQ
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/disc...ga-console-q-a
Japanmanx3
(04-05-2017, 04:56 PM)
I'll probably check this out at some point.
styl3s
(04-05-2017, 04:58 PM)

Originally Posted by Nokagi

To answer my own question.

=(

Guess I'll stick with the PC version.

FAQ
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/disc...ga-console-q-a

Do we know if it's going to be a $60 and done game or will it have all the F2P catchings that the PC has because if it has all the microtransactions and my account i have spent more money than i am willing to admit on doesn't carry over fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that bullshit
Teknopathetic
Now we can settle this like gentlemen or we can get into some ol gangster shit
(04-05-2017, 04:59 PM)
Honestly, calling the game an MMO is vastly misrepresenting the game, though people still continue to misuse the MMO label.

It's an ARPG, pretty much identical in structure and gameplay to Diablo. The outdoor zones are shared between players.
styl3s
(04-05-2017, 05:01 PM)

Originally Posted by Teknopathetic

Honestly, calling the game an MMO is vastly misrepresenting the game, though people still continue to misuse the MMO label.

It's an ARPG, pretty much identical in structure and gameplay to Diablo. The outdoor zones are shared between players.

I mean the developers themselves call it a action-packed massively multiplayer online game. It's absolutely a ARPG/Diablo style game but it's also a MMO and has all the MMO trappings. Raiding, guilds, giant towns(hubs) with 30,40 people etc it's not like you are in zones with just 3 other people.
Slammin_Hammon
(04-05-2017, 05:02 PM)
I couldn't care less about it being Marvel stuff, but hearing positive things about it from Jeff Gerstman in a few bombcasts has me interested.
Auraela
(04-05-2017, 05:02 PM)
Chapter 10 was so shit its not in the press release lmao
Nokagi
(04-05-2017, 05:05 PM)

Originally Posted by styl3s

Do we know if it's going to be a $60 and done game or will it have all the F2P catchings that the PC has because if it has all the microtransactions and my account i have spent more money than i am willing to admit on doesn't carry over fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that bullshit

Sounds like it's just a free to play game much like the PC version.
Dalek
(04-05-2017, 06:51 PM)
Goodbye free time.
bigdaddygamebot
(04-05-2017, 07:07 PM)
That trailer might have given me cancer it was so bad...but man oh man do I hope this ends up being great.

I enjoyed the PC version but I suspect that like Diablo 3 I will enjoy it more on console.
Palette Swap
(04-05-2017, 07:09 PM)
At last. Great news.

This always seemed a no-brainer to me.
Seijuro
(04-05-2017, 07:10 PM)
Played it on PC last year, just for a week or so but put 20 hours into it. Looking forward to playing it on PS4 since my laptop always went into barbecue mode with this game.
Really fun and addictive Diablo clone with an excellent big roster of characters, where also more obscure heroes get their time to shine in a videogame.
Brian_FETO
(04-05-2017, 07:13 PM)
Lol this bootleg Van Halen music

Will definitely check this out, Wolverine forever
fastballspecial
(04-05-2017, 09:20 PM)

Originally Posted by Anoregon

It sounds like this isn't happening, so PC folks with a lot of stuff unlocked/purchased are out of luck if they want to move to consoles.

Total bummer. Probably not gonna get back into it then.
Flintty
(04-05-2017, 09:21 PM)
I've been waiting for this for so long! Played the PC beta and for a couple of years after and put a fair bit of cash in but I prefer Xbox to PC so I'm well happy with this. PC pretty much retired for gaming confirmed.
Kanik
Sonic handles my blue balls
(04-05-2017, 09:23 PM)

There is no plans for any transfers to be given from PC to Console.

Brutal. Would've been all over it if it was given the console Diablo treatment with an offline mode. Otherwise I can't see myself investing time into it again.
Toki767
(04-05-2017, 09:25 PM)
So do you only play one character or do you get a team?
Flintty
(04-05-2017, 09:25 PM)

Originally Posted by Toki767

So do you only play one character or do you get a team?

You play one character but can unlock multiple and swap in hub areas.

Edit. Oh and you can unlock an AI 'teamup' character who follows you around. Can be set to passive, out all the time or more powerful cooldown for a few seconds summon.
The End
(04-05-2017, 09:27 PM)
I spent more than a little money on the PC version.

If I can port my account over, I'll play this.

If not, no dice.
jmizzal
(04-06-2017, 03:34 AM)
Yessss been waiting for this to come to consoles

Next up The Old Republic - come on EA
Last edited by jmizzal; 04-06-2017 at 03:37 AM.
Ferny
(04-06-2017, 03:43 AM)

Originally Posted by jmizzal

Yessss been waiting for this to come to consoles

Next up The Old Republic - come on EA

That would be cool but I dont see it happening.
Frostinferno
(04-06-2017, 03:49 AM)

Originally Posted by VpomRurd

Is the PC version of this actually any good these days? I'm a big fan of Diablo 3, does it have the same sort of replayability or does it get boring very quickly?

If you're a fan of grinding out the good loot to take on higher difficulties for even better loot, you can definitely find yourself playing for hundreds of hours. Especially so if you plan on doing this with many characters.

Originally Posted by XanaviF30

Is his game any good? Because the gameplay footage looks pretty bad. By that I mean, choppy character animations and models.

Their trailers are poor representations of the game. The game is smooth and lots of the animations are great for an ARPG.
Last edited by Frostinferno; 04-06-2017 at 04:13 AM.
XanaviF30
(04-06-2017, 03:49 AM)
Is this game any good? Because the gameplay footage looks pretty bad. By that I mean, choppy character animations and models.
beyond_death
(04-06-2017, 04:30 AM)
You can't use your PC account on PS4? Damn.
Absoludacrous
(04-06-2017, 04:47 AM)
Put too much time on the PC version to jump to console if they're not going to allow transfers. Dumb decision, I haven't played the PC version in months except to check in occasionally. Being able to keep my account on PS4 could bring me back.

This game has been nothing but bad decisions for the last year though, so I guess it's not really surprising.
IbukiLordSA
(04-06-2017, 10:34 AM)
This is great news, game looks really fun. Will be giving Magik and Psylocke a go.
Slixshot
(04-06-2017, 10:36 AM)
Fantastic! I hope that it's good.
HelloNewman
(04-06-2017, 10:39 AM)
Stupid that you can't transfer your account from PC. Oh well from what I hear they haven't added anything good in awhile.
Manmademan
(04-06-2017, 10:39 AM)
wow...this looks awful.

Xmen are in this though, which should make some people happy.
BudokaiMR2
(04-06-2017, 10:41 AM)
Probably won't even bother to download it if there's no transfer from PC to Console. Too bad but it's still good news for others. It's a solid ARPG and they have pretty faithful representations of most characters.
TRUE ORDER
(04-06-2017, 11:08 AM)
I'll probably play it, hope it's fun to play.
beyond_death
(04-06-2017, 11:15 AM)
I guess its pretty telling that so many people have never even heard of this. Having the Marvel IP it should be pretty big but for some reason Marvel themselves never advertise it in monthly comics etc. I hope this being on console works out well for them but so shitty that the accounts are not shared with PC. I also wonder about the future of the PC version, the consoles seem to be the primary focus from now. I'm not as bummed now as I probably would have been a few years ago as I'm pretty burnt out on the game since I've been with it from the closed Beta days.
nephilimdj
(04-06-2017, 11:17 AM)
Game was so fun for first 6months, then added crap only those who theory craft with the best heroes with highest damage, snowballed from there.
Game could of been so fun if every hero was balanced.

Hope the console port is a bit better
Nicodemic
(04-06-2017, 11:18 AM)
Last time I tried the game on PC, there was so much stuff to check and understand at once (items, skills, quests, characters, events, etc) that I straight up gave up and played something else. I hope they streamlined the beginning of the game cause to me, it was a bit too much.
Lashley
Why does he wear the mask!?
(04-06-2017, 11:34 AM)
Yeah, I'm not buying my characters again.

Lost interest in the game a while back, anyway
Lashley
Why does he wear the mask!?
(04-06-2017, 11:50 AM)

Originally Posted by beyond_death

I guess its pretty telling that so many people have never even heard of this. Having the Marvel IP it should be pretty big but for some reason Marvel themselves never advertise it in monthly comics etc. I hope this being on console works out well for them but so shitty that the accounts are not shared with PC. I also wonder about the future of the PC version, the consoles seem to be the primary focus from now. I'm not as bummed now as I probably would have been a few years ago as I'm pretty burnt out on the game since I've been with it from the closed Beta days.

tbf if gazillion are still a shambles like they were with the PC patches and fixes, they'll turn people off the game soon enough
Dunlop
DID YOU KNOW:
TLOU invented the HD Remaster?
Also, Halo is the first FPS.
(04-06-2017, 12:59 PM)
Fun game when I played it, horrid trailer.

Just as puzzling as any hero origin story, maybe it will be the answer to the elusive question

How is the PC version at OT3 and still not moved to community? :P
Black Republican
water to wine
the drink exchanger
(04-06-2017, 01:04 PM)
im so confused, so it mentions marvel universe but i see deadpool and xmen included??

is the weird contract issues different with games?
Absoludacrous
(04-06-2017, 01:08 PM)

Originally Posted by Black Republican

im so confused, so it mentions marvel universe but i see deadpool and xmen included??

Came out before Marvel stopped letting devs put X-Men characters in their games. I think Contest of Champions was the cutoff for that.
Manmademan
(04-06-2017, 01:10 PM)

Originally Posted by Black Republican

There are no contract issues with game licensing. Marvel owns those characters entirely and can choose who they want to use at will.

They were at one point voluntarily choosing not to use characters fox had the film rights for, mostly to put pressure on fox.

A different deal has apparently been sorted out, and leadership changes have occurred at Marvel so that may no longer be the case going forward.
jmizzal
(04-06-2017, 03:41 PM)

Originally Posted by Absoludacrous

Put too much time on the PC version to jump to console if they're not going to allow transfers. Dumb decision, I haven't played the PC version in months except to check in occasionally. Being able to keep my account on PS4 could bring me back.

This game has been nothing but bad decisions for the last year though, so I guess it's not really surprising.

They want people to spend more money, they dont want everybody just transferring from PC lol