• @NeoGAF

bytesized
(04-13-2017, 09:36 AM)

Originally Posted by Bluth54

I think it was around 650 MB.

Thanks!
Octavianus
(04-13-2017, 09:41 AM)
I forgot how terrible I am at both Puyo Puyo and Tetris.

Like, not just bad but actually terrible. I can't even beat a normal cpu.
Grakl
(04-13-2017, 09:45 AM)
Japanese voices generally better. Also Japanese demo waaayyyyy better, can't do 2/3 in English demo wtf
Mandelbo
(04-13-2017, 09:47 AM)

Originally Posted by Octavianus

I forgot how terrible I am at both Puyo Puyo and Tetris.

Like, not just bad but actually terrible. I can't even beat a normal cpu.

Same, I haven't won a single match yet ;-;
Every time I look at the CPU's board there's barely anything on it...
Imp the Dimp
(04-13-2017, 09:47 AM)
Wait, there'll be no digital PS4 version? WTF? That fucking sucks.
Sesuadra
(04-13-2017, 09:48 AM)
no japanese voices for the US/EU Version, right?
The english voices don't sound as fun imho.
KaneU
(04-13-2017, 10:02 AM)
Why is this 39.99 euros on the e-shop? I thought that was the price for the physical version and the digital one would be 29.99?
Bluth54
(04-13-2017, 10:04 AM)

Originally Posted by Imp the Dimp

Wait, there'll be no digital PS4 version? WTF? That fucking sucks.

Apparently another company (Ubisoft I think) owns the digital rights to Tetris on the PS4.
Imp the Dimp
(04-13-2017, 10:53 AM)
Does the game feature the original Tetris tune?
Robin64
(04-13-2017, 10:54 AM)

Originally Posted by Imp the Dimp

Does the game feature the original Tetris tune?

This?
Ladekabel
(04-13-2017, 10:56 AM)

Originally Posted by KaneU

Why is this 39.99 euros on the e-shop? I thought that was the price for the physical version and the digital one would be 29.99?

Not in the EU. Ask Deep Silver.
sir_bumble_bee
(04-13-2017, 11:00 AM)

Originally Posted by Ladekabel

There's your explanation
boneyjangles
(04-13-2017, 11:10 AM)
I'm going to end up buying this for £35 aren't I :-/
Randomizer
(04-13-2017, 11:13 AM)

Originally Posted by boneyjangles

I'm going to end up buying this for £35 aren't I :-/

For the amount of hours playtime and content you get, it's totally worth it imo.
Jazzem
(04-13-2017, 11:23 AM)

Originally Posted by AmyS

I have the Japanese demo, so no reason to download the English one, right?

Unless you want to navigate the menus+view the lessons in English, not particularly.

I am happy for the latter though, want to try and learn some advanced combos in preparation for the full game :D
Lkr
(04-13-2017, 11:24 AM)
Finally able to read the menus, hell yea I'm ready to download this. Can't wait for launch
deadfolk
(04-13-2017, 12:26 PM)
What's the adventure mode like?

The voice thing is killing me, and I'm debating going with the JP version, meaning anything beyond the simple menu text is going to be beyond me.
Seik
something about preservation I guess
(04-13-2017, 12:29 PM)
*Starts a game vs CPU on Normal, I 7 chains one shot and boom, dead.*

I didn't lose it, ready for release. I'll try Tetris mode tonight, just played puyo but it felt nice. Reminds me of the good old Pokemon Puzzle League times. :D
DrROBschiz
(04-13-2017, 12:31 PM)
CANNOT wait for the full game

Shame the english demo was inexplicably altered from the JP one

Try adjusting options in both

You might notice that the JP version lets you do up to 3-5 consecutive rounds before forcing a reset

English demo is locked to 1
orioto
Good Art™
(04-13-2017, 01:34 PM)

Originally Posted by Robin64

Where's muh HD rumble :(

Yeah so what's the deal with that ? I remember people saying the Japanese demo was a way to test hd rumbles, but there is no rumble at all in the western demo.
deadfolk
(04-13-2017, 01:48 PM)

Originally Posted by orioto

Yeah so what's the deal with that ? I remember people saying the Japanese demo was a way to test hd rumbles, but there is no rumble at all in the western demo.

Yeah, there's deffo rumble in the​ JP version.
Busaiku
(04-13-2017, 01:49 PM)
Being locked to 1 game is annoying, but whatever.
Why is there no rumble though.
Spades
(04-13-2017, 01:52 PM)
Just saw this on the press release:

The PlayStation 4 version will be available only in a physical format for €29.99 / £24.99 and the Nintendo Switch version will be available digitally and physically for €39.99 / £34.99.

Switch tax again? €10/£10 more for a Switch version of an old game is just unacceptable. Uch.

I'll wait for a sale.
N30RYU
(04-13-2017, 01:52 PM)

Originally Posted by El Odio

... but the inability to set the win conditions to more than one is a real bummer.

What??? You can't change it in options to be 3 wins like in the japanese one??
Rodin
(04-13-2017, 01:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Spades

Just saw this on the press release:

Switch tax again? €10/£10 more for a Switch version of an old game is just unacceptable. Uch.

I'll wait for a sale.

I actually have it preordered for 27.99€ on amazon.it, but after the demo i'm canceling it.
N30RYU
(04-13-2017, 02:02 PM)

Originally Posted by Ladekabel

Fuck them. This being overprized on EU Switch and no digital on PS4 makes the japanese Switch dem o enough for me anyway but I wanted to support them... But not like this.
Last edited by N30RYU; 04-13-2017 at 02:04 PM.
RedToad64
(04-13-2017, 02:06 PM)

Originally Posted by dragonlife

Holy shit, that's cool. Is it actually straight-up Puzzle League? How comprehensive is it?

I still play Pokemon Puzzle League/Challenge to this day. No other puzzle games compare for me. God, I need a new one so bad.

Yes, it really is a full Puzzle League experience with multiple modes and a story. Have you given Puyo Puyo Tetris a try yet?
Sojiro
(04-13-2017, 02:20 PM)
I was already fairly excited to for this game, and then got to play a few rounds with my daughter last night. We had a lot of fun, and now can not wait for this to come out.
The Horror the horror
(04-13-2017, 02:33 PM)

Originally Posted by Sojiro

I was already fairly excited to for this game, and then got to play a few rounds with my daughter last night. We had a lot of fun, and now can not wait for this to come out.

How long did it take for your daughter to understand the game? I want to play this with my wife but she's very picky (only loves Mario) and quick to give up on something if it's too complicated to learn.
Deft Beck
(04-13-2017, 02:34 PM)
Honestly, the English voices are fine. This is coming from someone who played a lot of the Japanese demo.

I'm just glad I can read the menus now.
DrROBschiz
(04-13-2017, 02:37 PM)
been playing the demo with my wife

such a blast

i just wish it was out right now
Jazzem
(04-13-2017, 02:51 PM)

Originally Posted by The Horror the horror

How long did it take for your daughter to understand the game? I want to play this with my wife but she's very picky (only loves Mario) and quick to give up on something if it's too complicated to learn.

At a guess, she may struggle with Puyo as a lot of people do first time, that's definitely the less accessible of the two. I can't imagine anyone not clicking with Tetris pretty quickly though.
D.Lo
(04-13-2017, 02:54 PM)
Horrible American voices have un-sold me on the game :(
Tobe
(04-13-2017, 02:55 PM)
pretty good at tetris, but holy shit i suck at puyo puyo not only at recognizing the puyos but the colors too :(
alf717
(04-13-2017, 02:57 PM)
I'm not unsold on it yet but I do wish I could keep the Japanese voice of the orange fish. Maybe its me but after watching a few Puyo vs. Tetris matches it seems harder to come back as a Tetris player.
added_time
(04-13-2017, 03:05 PM)
What an awesome game! Demo is great and confirmed that I made the right choice pre-ordering this.
Seik
something about preservation I guess
(04-13-2017, 03:07 PM)

Originally Posted by D.Lo

They're bad indeed, hopefully there will be an option to turn the voice off.

Then this will be puzzle heaven.

...Is there an option for this in the Japanese release?
Snkfanatic
(04-13-2017, 03:07 PM)

Yeah...they were bothering me as well. Shame
Dr. Zoidberg
(04-13-2017, 03:08 PM)

Originally Posted by orioto

It's clear that Sega took all the comments about the JPN demo being "too good" and people being "satisfied just playing the demo" to heart so they further cut down what you get with the newer English demo, locking the game win count to 1 and removing the rumble feature. They probably figure this will encourage more sales since the demo isn't as full-featured.

On another note, I find Puyo voices annoying regardless of language, so that doesn't really matter to me. Is it possible to just turn them off completely?
dmaul1114
Banned
(04-13-2017, 03:16 PM)
Tried out the English Demo, had never got around to making a Japanese account for that demo.

I'm pretty mixed on it. I'm not really a fan of vs. puzzle games so a large part of whether I buy or not will depend on how robust the adventure mode is and what other no vs. others/CPU modes their are. i.e. Does i have traditional endless modes for each game?

Also not sure on Puyo Puyo. I suck at seeing patterns, and my mild color blindness was giving me issues with the skins available in the demo--though I hear their are a lot more options (and maybe a colorblind mode) in the full game which is odd didn't make it in the demo. Of the options there I struggle a bit with distinguishing either yellow/green or blue/purple in the heat of the moment in portable mode. I had an easier time on the TV.
Jazzem
(04-13-2017, 03:18 PM)

Originally Posted by dmaul1114

Tried out the English Demo, had never got around to making a Japanese account for that demo.

I'm pretty mixed on it. I'm not really a fan of vs. puzzle games so a large part of whether I buy or not will depend on how robust the adventure mode is and what other no vs. others/CPU modes their are. i.e. Does i have traditional endless modes for each game?

Also not sure on Puyo Puyo. I suck at seeing patterns, and my mild color blindness was giving me issues with the skins available in the demo--though I hear their are a lot more options (and maybe a colorblind mode) in the full game which is odd didn't make it in the demo. Of the options there I struggle a bit with distinguishing either yellow/green or blue/purple in the heat of the moment in portable mode. I had an easier time on the TV.

One of the menu buttons right before a match allows you to change many aspects of the aesthetic, one of which being the look of the puyos. Might be worth a look to see if you can find one that's more colourblind friendly.
Cosmo Clock 21
(04-13-2017, 03:51 PM)

Originally Posted by dmaul1114

The "metallic" skin in the demo is one of the more colorblind friendly options, in the full game there's also one that turns the puyos into letters corresponding to their color.

The traditional Tetris solo modes are in the full game, there's also endless Puyo. The adventure mode is broken up into chapters where you get cutscenes broken up by some kind of challenge (beat the CPU in some vs mode, finish a solo challenge in x amount of time, etc)
Maiar_m
(04-13-2017, 04:26 PM)
I suck so much a Puyo I think I may be thrown in jail. It's illegal to suck that much.
wild wild rice
(04-13-2017, 04:30 PM)
Can you customize controls in the full version? I keep trying to use r and l to rotate
Linkhero1
(04-13-2017, 04:40 PM)
Please, please, please patch in the Japanese VO. My goodness.
AaronMT86
(04-13-2017, 04:52 PM)
Didn't think I'd be buying a Tetris game in 2017, but this demo was really fun. The presentation, sound and swap mode was really fun. Totally grabbing this game.
QuixoticNeutral
(04-13-2017, 06:12 PM)
Don't know if I can justify full price for this one (which is not to question the breadth and depth of the full game, just my level of interest towards exploring it), but if I don't pick it up, I'll definitely be keeping the demo handy. I'm fine with playing it as is. The Swap mode is where it really sings: colour-combo puzzle games have never clicked with me, and Puyo Puyo is no exception, so I find myself learning on the fly and desperately staying on the board while going on the attack every time it switches back to Tetris.

Against one or two CPUs I've only won about a third of my Swap matches. Not too hard to get back into the rhythm of Tetris (which I haven't touched in an eternity), but in Puyo Puyo I haven't found the right balance of setting up combos and frantically clearing space, and haven't been able to chain more than two or three at a time in a live game situation.

I don't understand what the functional differentiation is between the characters on the roster yet.
RRockman
(04-13-2017, 06:14 PM)
Dub voices are OK! Except for Sig. He sucks. Any particular reason they changed the title screen?
BNGames
(04-13-2017, 06:16 PM)
Ive had the PS4 version for some time now and dont remember it being this hard.

Video: https://youtu.be/hxvyP4QAio4
jacobeid
(04-13-2017, 06:18 PM)

Yeah, I'm seriously less inclined to buy the game now. They're really bad and the Japanese voices are so good.