• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Rodin
(04-21-2017, 03:56 PM)
Just bought it on amazon, it was the last copy available lol

Distribution for this game is utter shit.
NateDrake
(04-21-2017, 03:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Ghostshark

Which setting in the options are you using for match making? Are you using free battle or league? Also, are you using wifi or docked ethernet? My online experience hasn't been fantastic, but other online PC games work fantastic, so it can't be my internet.

Wifi, undocked, league battle. All players in my match had green connections. Default settings.
deadfolk
(04-21-2017, 03:59 PM)

Originally Posted by The12thGripper

1. You can play the story mode levels like that but it's not very long. You could play a round or two of local multiplayer with bots, I guess. Bomberman is not a game you'll be playing solo unless you're grinding for gems.
2. Yes, you can play local multiplayer with bots.
3. Outside of local multiplayer with bots and solo online, it's just story mode.

Thanks for the detailed response! Going to think about this for a bit.

I just wish we had a more detailed roadmap for upcoming releases so I would know exactly what is vying for my monies.
KojiKnight
(04-21-2017, 04:00 PM)
This is promising and all, but until konami gives me a Goemon game for Switch, I'm still not going to trust them.
j-wood
(04-21-2017, 04:03 PM)
I've never played bomberman before. Now that this seems to be running at the appropriate frame rate, is it worth picking up?
brad-t
(04-21-2017, 04:04 PM)

Originally Posted by KojiKnight

This is promising and all, but until konami gives me a Goemon game for Switch, I'm still not going to trust them.

A real Mystical Ninja follow-up would probably make me cry tears of joy

Or even an eShop release of the N64 game tbh
pretty done

Originally Posted by schaft0620

#fuckKonami 2015-2017

Originally Posted by Dark Cloud

What?? Konami is back!

LOL
koss424

Originally Posted by Rodin

you mean a game that GAF predicted wouldn't sell 50k copies.
Roders5
Iwata een bom zal droppen
(04-21-2017, 04:12 PM)
Just ordered it. I've been wanting the game for ages but this pushed me over the edge.
BluePikmin11
So glad to see Konami change! Now Super Bomberman R looks like a valuable game to me! :D
GregLombardi

Originally Posted by brad-t

A real Mystical Ninja follow-up would probably make me cry tears of joy

Or even an eShop release of the N64 game tbh

This in HD graphics. YES PLEASE.
Cartho
(04-21-2017, 04:16 PM)

For real. Went into my local Sainsbury's superstore to try and pick it up. It had "sold out" in its place on the shelf so I asked at the counter. The woman there looked it up and apparently they only had 2 copies sent to them when it first launched, they sold out within a day and they haven't had any since. In addition, they are also apparently not due to receive any - she said that they weren't expecting any deliveries.

I know it isn't a dedicated game store but that still surprises me. They have masses of copies of most of the chart games and plenty of copies of Zelda etc. Must be something weird going on with distribution.
shiyrley
(04-21-2017, 04:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Cartho

For real. Went into my local Sainsbury's superstore to try and pick it up. It had "sold out" in its place on the shelf so I asked at the counter. The woman there looked it up and apparently they only had 2 copies sent to them when it first launched, they sold out within a day and they haven't had any since. In addition, they are also apparently not due to receive any - she said that they weren't expecting any deliveries.

I know it isn't a dedicated game store but that still surprises me. They have masses of copies of most of the chart games and plenty of copies of Zelda etc. Must be something weird going on with distribution.

Yeah, at my local GAME they ONLY received pre-orders. Not a single unit outside of preorders. Thank god I preordered.
Saint Gregory
(04-21-2017, 04:26 PM)
I still can't believe how much the game has improved since launch, not just in terms of the performance but also how quickly the improvements came.

It could be that the game was just released in an unfinished state to make launch but the Switch must have a much better patching and certification process than previous Nintendo consoles.
Raw64life
(04-21-2017, 04:26 PM)
Glad to see they're fixing it up, but too little too late with Mario Kart 8 right around the corner. Might pick up a SBR Deluxe or SBR2 down the road should they release it in the future.
Dreamwriter
(04-21-2017, 04:27 PM)

Best selling Bomberman game in 20 years. Distribution isn't the problem.
PyroPaperPlanes
(04-21-2017, 04:27 PM)
This a bombshell of an update.

Okay, I'll see myself out.
shiyrley
(04-21-2017, 04:28 PM)

Originally Posted by Dreamwriter

Best selling Bomberman game in 20 years. Distribution isn't the problem.

Originally Posted by shiyrley

Yeah, at my local GAME they ONLY received pre-orders. Not a single unit outside of preorders. Thank god I preordered.

SgtCobra
(04-21-2017, 04:29 PM)

Originally Posted by pretty done

LOL

I guess it's easy for people to forget and forgive :p
Scanna
(04-21-2017, 04:29 PM)
The difficulty was absurd at Normal. will try again now, since I had shelved the game for good aside from local multiplayer.
RobotHaus
(04-21-2017, 04:31 PM)
Heads up, there's an OT for this if you want to join in on it.

Super Bomberman R |OT| Buggler? I Hardly Know Her!
LordKano
Banned
(04-21-2017, 04:31 PM)

I don't think they would have sold a lot more copies if it had more stock. They don't want it to stay too long on the shelves and then have to cut the price.
Skyzard
(04-21-2017, 04:32 PM)
Anyone got video for the 60fps? Patch notes just say improved framerate.

Is unlocked with worse graphics better than locked 30 for bomberman?
Dunnymeister
(04-21-2017, 04:35 PM)
Just played, it's much better!

...except for the fact you still can't join a friend's room while a game is in progress. Co-ordinating an 8-player match between friends is a nightmare.
NateDrake
(04-21-2017, 04:39 PM)

Originally Posted by Skyzard

English release says 60fps for battle mode.
mocolostrocolos
(04-21-2017, 04:50 PM)
Just bought the game and installing the update.

I really wanted ti play it.
shiyrley
(04-21-2017, 04:56 PM)

Originally Posted by LordKano

I don't think they would have sold a lot more copies if it had more stock. They don't want it to stay too long on the shelves and then have to cut the price.

?
An user said that the distribution of the game is shit, and the other user implied that the reason it's hard to find isn't distribution. But it is.
LordKano
Banned
(04-21-2017, 04:59 PM)

?
An user said that the distribution of the game is shit, and the other user implied that the reason it's hard to find isn't distribution. But it is.

Ah yes of course, that's common sense. It's hard to find because distribution is limited. But I don't think it was a bad decision, to limit the distribution.
Peltz
(04-21-2017, 05:06 PM)
Bought.

Originally Posted by Skyzard

Framerate comparison:

https://youtu.be/sfwKkt6bYC8?t=1m18s
black070
Banned
(04-21-2017, 05:08 PM)
This is the only game that tempts me into upgrading my Wii U, love me some Bomberman !
bobbychalkers
(04-21-2017, 05:09 PM)
Welp, time to rebuy!
Skyzard
(04-21-2017, 05:13 PM)

Originally Posted by Peltz

Bought.

Framerate comparison:

https://youtu.be/sfwKkt6bYC8?t=1m18s

That sounds like they put in a lot of work to fix things with all the other changes too, pretty good.
Fredrik
(04-21-2017, 05:15 PM)
Weird that the patch note simply says improved framerate, if it goes from 30 to 60fps then the devs are worthy of some serious praise imo, 30fps was one of the constant complaints when people rated this game.
Peltz
(04-21-2017, 05:15 PM)
I legit was not planning on getting this game the moment I saw it was 30fps (which was instantly on the Treehouse stream).

I'm really glad the developer came through with the fix. These types of games really deserve to be 60fps.
Lucifon
(04-21-2017, 05:17 PM)
Looking forward to seeing DF compare the framerate changes.
SimpleCRIPPLE
(04-21-2017, 05:21 PM)
And now Kojima cries with all these people flipping their opinions of Konami w/ one little 60fps update.
shiyrley
(04-21-2017, 05:33 PM)

Originally Posted by LordKano

Ah yes of course, that's common sense. It's hard to find because distribution is limited. But I don't think it was a bad decision, to limit the distribution.

But it's pretty bad, when distribution is bad it may be "hard" to get in some places, but in my location, in where online shopping is possible but slow, expensive and taxed, and where shops don't get too many units even for normal launches, a bad distribution can mean "the store gets preorders and never ever gets an unit again", so, a game that is "hard to find" in big cities, can be "impossible to find" here. Also, the game arrived a week late here. It's anti-consumer.

This doesn't always happen ofc, but yeah, it's pretty bad. Again, thank god I preordered.
galvatron
(04-21-2017, 05:35 PM)
60 FPS in a grid based 3-d bomberman.
I honestly never thought they'd get how big of a difference that makes.
Definitely going to get back into playing this now!
Marty Chinn
(04-21-2017, 05:36 PM)

What are you talking about? I'm on Amazon's page right now and it's available. Also, Best Buy, Toys R Us, Gamestop, and Target all have plenty of stock online and in stores locally.
Ogodei
(04-21-2017, 05:39 PM)
Sweet, i can dumb down the battle CPU now. Never had this much trouble with Bomberman CPU's before.
Neiteio
(04-21-2017, 05:44 PM)

Originally Posted by Ogodei

Sweet, i can dumb down the battle CPU now. Never had this much trouble with Bomberman CPU's before.

Since I just purchased this last night, I didn't know this was an issue before. What exactly did they add concerning CPU levels? I just play on the default... I rarely win, but it's still fun.
Inferno313
(04-21-2017, 05:46 PM)

Originally Posted by Neiteio

Since I just purchased this last night, I didn't know this was an issue before. What exactly did they add concerning CPU levels? I just play on the default... I rarely win, but it's still fun.

The AI was atrociously difficult. My fiancÚ and I couldn't have a good time doing a 4-player match with 2 bots, due to the fact that they'd destroy us each time. I believe they made the original AI, which didn't have any difficulty options, into the new "Hard" option. Normal and Weak are both newer, easier, difficulty options than what we had.
Yawnny
The lag was so bad that people are now willing to pay $50 because it's improved?
CaptainTiptop
Weird, had no input lag issues in the first few bot matches nor the couple online ones I played but definitely had it a bit in the last bot match I just played.
Berordn
(04-21-2017, 05:47 PM)

Originally Posted by Yawnny

The lag was so bad that people are now willing to pay $50 because it's improved?

The lag was HORRENDOUS. Like, absymal levels of "how could they even think to ship it this way" bad.

Offline and LAN was generally fine but I abandoned any pretense of playing it online.
Regiruler
(04-21-2017, 05:48 PM)

Originally Posted by Yawnny

I don't think that's quite how the value proposition works.
Savitar
(04-21-2017, 05:48 PM)
With all the fixes and the extra characters and stages coming it appears Konami actually did the right moves. That's great to see, it's why I held off on the game myself.

Always loved me some bomberman and wanted a damn good sequel for years now.

Maybe they'll toss a few more the Switches way.
Stabby McSter
(04-21-2017, 05:50 PM)

Originally Posted by Inferno313

The AI was atrociously difficult. My fiancÚ and I couldn't have a good time doing a 4-player match with 2 bots, due to the fact that they'd destroy us each time. I believe they made the original AI, which didn't have any difficulty options, into the new "Hard" option. Normal and Weak are both newer, easier, difficulty options than what we had.

i was doing an 8 player match with 4 bots this past weekend and the CPUs were dumdum :<
Deft Beck
(04-21-2017, 05:51 PM)
I played some of the story mode in handheld mode and the framerate seemed a little better, but not 60fps.
Camjo-Z
(04-21-2017, 05:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Fredrik

Weird that the patch note simply says improved framerate, if it goes from 30 to 60fps then the devs are worthy of some serious praise imo, 30fps was one of the constant complaints when people rated this game.

It says improved framerate because it's only 60 FPS in multiplayer, but story mode's framerate is still higher than it was before.