• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

ramparter
(04-21-2017, 04:54 PM)
Wario Land (I regret not playing this on Wii but I still think should have been cheaper)
Excite Trucks / Bots / Bike (Wasn't fond of the motion controls but many did, Switch should support both)
Wario Ware (use ideas from the good old versions of gba, ds and wii, use both pointer and motion controls)
Captain Toad (Should become a series really. They could add multiplayer and maybe crossover it with minis from Mario vs DK)
cmChimera
(04-21-2017, 04:54 PM)

Originally Posted by sixteen-bit

Reginleiv sequel would be rad

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom 3

Wait....
ramparter
(04-21-2017, 04:55 PM)
Oh and of course Super Mario Galaxy 3.
sixteen-bit

Originally Posted by cmChimera

Wait....

UAS was the 2nd iteration

the OG was arcade and JP only
Bending_Unit_22
Banned
My vote is for Endless Ocean 3. As much as I loved it on the Wii that series deserves more than 480p. The gamepad would have been perfect for a camera and other devices but I'm will to go without.

Other honorable mentions are for the Wii Zack & Wiki, Excite Truck, and Boom Blox and for the Wii U Lego City.
Malyse
stop advertising threads
(04-21-2017, 04:56 PM)

Originally Posted by ramparter

Oh and of course Super Mario Galaxy 3.

Underloved? Really?
AdmiralMikey
I know it's a franchise that goes back well before the Wii/WiiU days, but when Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze was announced, my reaction originally was "why the hell is Retro making another DK game instead of doing something more interesting?"

However, after I had played Tropical Freeze, my reaction was "Oh my god, that was amazing! I hope Retro makes more!!"

So... I would be very happy if Nintendo announced that Retro was working on the next Donkey Kong game for the Switch. I wouldn't say Tropical Freeze was "underloved", but I feel a lot of people never had the chance to play its platforming excellence due to it being on a system that frankly not a lot of people owned.
leroidys

Originally Posted by maxcriden

Zack and Wiki, for the love of Pete, Zack and Wiki.

A brilliant and woefully under-appreciated PnC-style adventure game with a fully realized world, tricky puzzles, and wonderful characters and art design. After getting stuck on a fairly early level in 2008 or so we returned to the game last year and beat that level and played through the rest of it, and really loved the game. It's one of our favorite Wii games now. I very much hope for it to make a return one day. The level settings, setpieces and solutions are endlessly creative, mind-bending and fun.

Yup. Amazing puzzle game. They rarely have environmental objects serve the same purpose twice, so every single level in the game feels completely fresh. They could do great things with the joy cons in this one too.
Jaded Alyx
(04-21-2017, 04:57 PM)
Disaster: Day of Crisis
jufonuk
(04-21-2017, 04:58 PM)
I would like to see:

Red Steel 2
TvC
Sin and Punishment 2

Rogue Trooper was on my list but I believe it is coming.
InfiniteCombo

Originally Posted by dfa records

Captain Toad

Originally Posted by Worthintendo

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker would be perfect for it.

Originally Posted by gaiages

Captain Toad for sure.

These guys know what's up.
Malyse
stop advertising threads

Originally Posted by specdot

A thread was just locked because it was a mobile game port begging thread.
Isn't this the same thing?
I agree with Zak & Wiki tho inbe4lock

You really don't know the difference between a port and a sequel?
Curufinwe
(04-21-2017, 04:59 PM)
Bayonetta 3.
The Omega Man
It is time for these guys to return...

Dark Cloud

Originally Posted by efyu_lemonardo

The Switch's sensor can emulate some of the things the Wii's sensor could do. But in general, as a pointer, it's much slower to respond and less accurate.

https://youtu.be/Ix7-YTj4ZUI

Looks good enough for some Wii point games to me. Maybe not the crazy shooting ones.
Plinko
Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
(04-21-2017, 05:00 PM)

Originally Posted by tkscz

While I'd love to see another Last Story (which sold successfully according to XSeed), Hironobu Sakaguchi himself said this won't be a Final Fantasy and this IS the Last Story he was doing.

Oh, I understand. I just want a port of the original.
Thud
Pandora's Tower is great, however it doesn't need a sequel. I rather have them develop a new game.

A new Punch Out would be cool. I know it doesn't really spark that new type of play Nintendo tries to seek out... still I want it.
SuperShadow271
I would actually really like a Red Steel 3 on Switch. It was my first Wii game and I had a lot of fun with it at the time. I've tried 2, but I never got far. By the time 2 released, I was getting kind of sick of motion controls. I liked what I played though. I think it has the potential to be a great series.

Other than that, I'm having a hard time thinking of "underloved" games that I would want
jdstorm
(04-21-2017, 05:02 PM)
Metroid....

Ok now seriously.
Endless Ocean, The Last Story, Wonderful 101, Skycrawlers:Infinite Aces*, Mario Strikers (i suppose thats Mario and Sonic now) Sonic All Star Racing Transformed, Xenoblade X-2

*just learned about this game a few days ago, would love an Anime like Ace Combat style game
Muchi Muchi Pink
(04-21-2017, 05:04 PM)
The Wonderful 101
Captain Rainbow
Kororinpa
Elebits
Endless Ocean
Bayonetta
Devil's Third
NES Remix / SNES Remix
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
maxcriden
(04-21-2017, 05:19 PM)

Originally Posted by blu

Same director - Shingo Mukaitoge - the best dev to come out of Konami during the wii era.

Apropos, I wholeheartedly recommend Elebits on the DS - one heck of an RPG adventure.

Awesome, thanks. So all three games are great? I... I think I have the Elebits one after hearing it's Zelda-esque! (I really don't have a massive backlog compared to many others on GAF, so I'm surprised to be saying this.)
Schucky Ducky
(04-21-2017, 05:24 PM)

Originally Posted by OldMan

My dream E3 announcement would be that Nintendo has bought the "James Bond" game license and that Retro's secret project is a sequel to the original Golden Eye. Not gonna happen, but I can dream
Dylan Sexbang
(04-21-2017, 05:26 PM)

All I want is a wonderful 102
Jawmuncher
(04-21-2017, 05:26 PM)

Originally Posted by Schucky Ducky

My dream E3 announcement would be that Nintendo has bought the "James Bond" game license and that Retro's secret project is a sequel to the original Golden Eye. Not gonna happen, but I can dream

Thinking about it. That doesn't seem too outlandish.
Savitar
(04-21-2017, 05:32 PM)
Bayonetta?

Bayonetta 2!

Feels like they would get more chance to shine on the Switch at this point.
NimbusD
Boom Blox! Those were so fun and sold well
MrT-Tar
The Last Story was the first game to come to mine, but I really hope Nintendo hasn't lost interest in funding Project Zero/Fatal Frame games
ArtHands
(04-21-2017, 05:36 PM)
Hoping for Bayonetta 3
nny
(04-21-2017, 05:38 PM)
Zack

and

Wiki

<3
khaaan
(04-21-2017, 06:17 PM)

Originally Posted by sixteen-bit

UAS was the 2nd iteration

the OG was arcade and JP only

That wasn't really a "2" though, was it? It was more like a "Street Fighter 2: The New Challengers". Either way I want it too regardless of what it's called.
Buzzi
(04-21-2017, 06:22 PM)
Disaster Day of Crisis. With a proper budget it could be a glorious and different game.
Machine
(04-21-2017, 06:26 PM)
Battalion Wars
KaneU
(04-21-2017, 06:29 PM)
Bayonetta
Captain Toad
Sin & Punishment
Pikmin
Metroid

I think there's a chance to see all of them on the Switch, except S&P.
ViciousDS
(04-21-2017, 06:30 PM)
TRACKMANIA!!!!!
Spyder_Monkey
(04-21-2017, 06:31 PM)
Wii Music
Host Samurai
(04-21-2017, 06:31 PM)
No More Heroes
Madworld
Punch-Out
Sin & Punishment
Maramassa
foltzie1
(04-21-2017, 06:33 PM)
Asymmetrical Gaming. . .
Griss
(04-21-2017, 06:33 PM)
Captain Toad is a super games, deserves a second chance.
Zak and Wiki from Wii was damn good, and a proper port of the godly Little King's story would be great as well.

Originally Posted by Malyse

On a related note, I would love for Nintendo to do countdowns to release. Like for example, if Xenoblade 2 hits in August, then Xenoblade hits Virtual Console in June and Xenoblade X hits VC in July.

This is a good idea with other franchises but a terrible one with Xenoblade - it would take the average gamer far more than a month to beat any of them, so they wouldn't be done by the time the next one releases. Not only that but they could just burn out on that kind of gameplay - you're looking at 3 games of 100+ hours each.
Mpl90
Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
(04-21-2017, 06:35 PM)
Bayonetta 1/2
Captain Toad (is it considerable as underloved, though...?)
Little King's Story

Also, I would sincerly love to return to Wuhu Island for a proper Wii Sports Resort sequel, with more sports, more activities, more stuff to do in the island, proper online rankings / multiplayer, etc.etc.
wartama
A boy and His Blob with HD rumble.
Captain Toad.
PseudoViper
Another Code R
I Wanna Be The Guy
U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
(04-21-2017, 06:37 PM)

Originally Posted by wartama

A boy and His Blob with HD rumble.
Captain Toad.

I would hug that joycon so much.
maxcriden
(04-21-2017, 06:37 PM)

Originally Posted by Mpl90

Bayonetta 1/2
Captain Toad (is it considerable as underloved, though...?)
Little King's Story

Also, I would sincerly love to return to Wuhu Island for a proper Wii Sports Resort sequel, with more sports, more activities, more stuff to do in the island, proper online rankings / multiplayer, etc.etc.

Reminds me of Neiteio's genius idea for Pilotwings x Wave Race x 1080 x Excitebike x Endless Ocean.
ghostwritingduck
(04-21-2017, 06:46 PM)
I would like more NES Remix. An SNES Remix would be outstanding!
ghostwritingduck
(04-21-2017, 06:49 PM)

Originally Posted by NimbusD

Boom Blox! Those were so fun and sold well

This is a great choice as well.
Ban Puncher
Banned
(04-21-2017, 09:00 PM)

Originally Posted by The Omega Man

It is time for these guys to return...

Wrong Tekkaman.

OrbitalBeard
(04-21-2017, 09:01 PM)
Punch-Out!!

Punch-Out!!

PUNCH-OUT!!
ProgenitorCastle
Banned
(04-22-2017, 04:03 AM)

Originally Posted by Pinky

Zombi 2

Originally Posted by radio_apeshot

Wonderful 101.

Kamiya-san please!!!

Originally Posted by dfa records

Captain Toad

blu
Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
(04-22-2017, 09:06 PM)
..And the greatest credits roll in the history of videogames.
silkysmooth
(04-22-2017, 09:11 PM)
Can we have a by the book Kirby platformer on the Switch? I feel like the 3DS is getting all the Kirby love with Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot and even the eShop games. Can we just get a sequel to Return to Dream Land? I almost feel bad saying I want a by the books Kirby game because Kirby can be anything. But sometimes returning to basics is good!