• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dark Souls Announcement Coming? Like a Facebook page to find out.

krishian

Really hope they'll announce the PC version, but I'll probably be dissapointed with the actual news. But still, HYPE!

Audioboxer

As bad as glitching/cheating on the consoles can be thanks to all the bugs in DS, won't it simply be 10x worse on a PC?

PC MP IMO could blow chunks due to that.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Normally I wouldn't do this, but I just Liked their Facebook crap. Now tell us what the fuck is up.

I only care if it's DLC. Would be disappointed if it's just a PC version or some art book.

As bad as glitching/cheating on the consoles can be thanks to all the bugs in DS, won't it simply be 10x worse on a PC?

PC MP IMO could blow chunks due to that.

People want it so that they can play one of the most repulsive levels in the game at 60fps. But hey, maybe all these guys just really love Blighttown.

Instro

Why would Dark Souls fans care about a PC announcement? Being a fan would imply they have already played the game.

DLC makes me sense, although maybe I'm just reading into the tweet too much.

Junie12

I'm not gonna like you just because you tell me too Scamco! But if you announce a PC version of Dark Souls then I'll like you as much as you want!

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Fucking bullshit.

Can't believe I had to click a button indicating that Dark Souls is something I genuinely like.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Why would Dark Souls fans care about a PC announcement? Being a fan would imply they have already played the game.

Because we'd love to play the game at a stable framerate and a higher resolution. I can't get that from the PS3 version I own.

I'm not expecting it to be the announcement, though, best not get my hopes up.

Kalnos

Banned

I have beaten the game. I would play it again, especially if it was on Steam. It could potentially solve the framerate and crappy online issues.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Vita version with cloud saves with ps3 version and cross-ps3 online play please!

Mxrz

PC MP would be terrible unless they found a way to keep mods/cheats out. I'd think it would lose a lot of luster without it.

Durante

People want it so that they can play one of the most repulsive levels in the game at 60fps. But hey, maybe all these guys just really love Blighttown.
I want it so that I can play the whole game in 120 FPS.

But more importantly, I want it so that I can play it with my RL gamer friends, who don't own consoles. (Central Europe FTW)

Demon's Souls fans who haven't picked up Dark Souls yet?
I'm actually one of those. When I thought about picking it up the PC campaign was already running so I decided to wait.

Amir0x

Banned
i hope with a PC version they'd be able to fix matchmaking and maybe make it easier to match with friends. And of course 120fps baby. If not, then I'm sure modders will do that job.

Dresden

I only care if it's DLC. Would be disappointed if it's just a PC version or some art book.

Blighttown fucking owns. Design is awesome. The sense of danger is awesome. Great variety of enemies and challenges. Awesome loot. The feeling you get when you first open the doors in the sewers and you see that pit before you, leading downwards with the unknown hinted at in the distance through the gloom, is fucking awesome.

Blighttown.

Fucking.

Owns.*

*pity that it's like 10~15 fps land

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Don't worry guys, it's Dark Souls for your computer

via the Facebook gaming platform.

Deadstar

As much as I like the Vita I would much rather play this game on a large screen. I can only imagine the frustration of not being able to read the environment correctly and dying. Regardless how would they do DLC to Dark Souls? The World is already there. Would they somehow add another area? I guess I need to hurry up and go for the platinum. I've only got a few trophies left.

Don

Hoping for some decent DLC but I'm guessing it will just be something stupid like with all the other Facebook "Like" things that companies do.

Regardless how would they do DLC to Dark Souls? The World is already there. Would they somehow add another area?
They could add in some kind of portal/gate object that takes you to a new area similar to how you get to the Painted World or the Asylum.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
PC MP would be terrible unless they found a way to keep mods/cheats out. I'd think it would lose a lot of luster without it.

Even if the game was completely offline, that would be fine with me. That's the main reason I want to play it anyway. The message system wasn't nearly as useful as it was in Demon's Souls.

As much as I like the Vita I would much rather play this game on a large screen. I can only imagine the frustration of not being able to read the environment correctly and dying. Regardless how would they do DLC to Dark Souls? The World is already there. Would they somehow add another area? I guess I need to hurry up and go for the platinum. I've only got a few trophies left.

Add another area and boss. Kind of like painted world or the asylum, it won't have to fit with the rest of the world.

Another cool thing would be an arena mode to fight all the bosses.

Top Bottom