• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 |OT| Rage Your Dreams

Yawnier

Banned
Nice OT

My copy is downloaded and installed... Just gotta wait a few more hours and our 3 year wait will be over!

cj_iwakura

Thanks to a kind soul from ATLUS and/or SEGA, I am GIVING AWAY a digital code for YAKUZA 5 (US Only).

jAh43Kh.png

Send me a PM detailing who your favorite member of the cast is, and why YOU need Yakuza 5 in your life. (You are expected to use this strictly for yourself, or Kiryu will find you.)

Great OT! My copy is installed and ready to go as of last night. I'm soo excited. I told my kids in the nicu today that daddy is still going to come to see them, but that he has work to do, and my wife is completely prepared for me to take up the living room TV. :) So stoked I have a 3 day weekend this coming weekend as well. :)

I'm so ready for this.

I hope it unlocks at midnight eastern so I can at least get an hour or so in tonight. If it's later, I probably won't get to play until after work tomorrow.

Astarte

Thanks to a kind soul from ATLUS and/or SEGA, I am GIVING AWAY a digital code for YAKUZA 5.

Send me a PM detailing who your favorite member of the cast is, and why YOU need Yakuza 5 in your life. (You are expected to use this strictly for yourself, or Kiryu will find you.)

Early congrats to whoever wins this! If you're a new Yakuza player, I sincerely hope you check out the other games as well!

czarship

None. :( I'll be playing Y2 and keeping tabs on my PS3.

Thank you for clarifying, I thought my googling skills had finally failed me.

I'll continue to be optimistic and presume that a pre-load implies a midnight release and we won't have to wait for the store update tomorrow afternoon.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Thanks to a kind soul from ATLUS and/or SEGA, I am GIVING AWAY a digital code for YAKUZA 5.

Ayyyyy good stuff Atlus and/or SEGA guy/gal. What region?

If you had told me a year ago that I would be playing both Trails in the Sky SC and Yakuza 5 in English right now, I would not have believed you. Good times.

cyber_ninja

So happy and so sad at the same time. Happy because this game is finally out, sad because I won't have time to play it in next few days.

Yawnier

Banned
It has been about 4 years or so since I played the Yakuza 3 and 4 main story. Lots of the details in the story are going to be a little blurry so I wonder if I should watch the recaps.

I'm so ready for this.

I hope it unlocks at midnight eastern so I can at least get an hour or so in tonight. If it's later, I probably won't get to play until after work tomorrow.

I hope it unlocks at a reasonable time tonight too. If not, will have to wait until tomorrow evening

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
not sure how VF2 online will work but if you see oneida_vf, well thats me. in 2 i play jacky, lau and akira. might try to use pai and lion.

Wow! I seriously can not believe I'm seeing the Yakuza 5 OT. I've waited so long for this. Words cannot describe how happy I am!

Enjoy fellow Yakuza fans!

cj_iwakura

I will decide the winner by midnight eastern, unless it unlocks before then in which case I'll decide early because I will be gone.

the best ot for the best game, thank you all for those that made it possible

mine for some reason is downloading a bit slow compared to other times but 55% and still going strong

czarship

It's a weird thing to remember, but I'll never forget when Jeff Gerstmann referred to Yakuza 4 in their Quick Look as "Japanese Dudes: The Video Game".

Why hasn't this unlocked yet? It's Tuesday in some parts of the world.

Cool, on the giveaway CJ, I already have the game, so whatevs, but to answer the question, as I think it would be fun:

Kazzy is my favorite, because he is just so damned badass. Nothing beat Chapter 4 of Yakuza 4 when
he comes in and just jobs Akiyama and Tanimura like it wasn't even a thing.
It was basically like: Daddy's home!

soothe.

wait. . . fuck!
this needs 44 gigs for the installation? so there's no way i can play this on my 40 gig PS3? :(

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
Once I finish Yakuza 3, start and finish Yakuza 4, and upgrade my 20 GB PS3's hard drive, I'll be excited to get this!

So is this game like Sleeping Dogs?
Could use another Asian GTA

Not reeeaaaaally. It's kind of a beat 'em up/RPG thing with a much smaller open world than most such games. But what it lacks in scale it more than makes up for with sheer content. It also has a great story and great characters and great greatness.

If you had told me a year ago that I would be playing both Trails in the Sky SC and Yakuza 5 in English right now, I would not have believed you. Good times.

If someone had told me this two years ago or so, I probably would have been like "yeah, haha, the 10th of Never, very funny". And we've even got another Trails game coming out in two weeks, too.

Great OT cj, looking forward to the game finally unlocking, just wanted to cross post from the other thread:

Yes, cj_iwakura should be launching it very soon...though if I may ask, can there be some kind of notice to people who keep complaining/begging for a PS4 version? Unless RGG Studios had a justified reason to go back and make a new version of 5 ala Kiwami (plus localizing it), the PS3 release is the only one available and we're lucky we're even getting this one at all.

Having played the Japanese version here is my impression before launch:

If you're still on the fence, get it, you may find your self scratching your head at some the plot points and even make a drinking game at how many times the word for Dream gets dropped, but the game is well worth the price of admission (the discount is great!) and download size.

It's great and the Another Drama stuff can eat up your time, but they're pretty enjoyable as well...heck I was afraid of not liking the Haruka rhythm gameplay, turned out to be the opposite, it's very simple and fun.

I'm just glad to finally play it in English.

Top Bottom