• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition: Free update arcade mode & more; $40 game+DLC bundle

LeleSocho

Banned
I need to know if the Season 1 and 2 character are on disc or a download code, it will impact my decision on buying this or no.

DLYT4T6UIAE6z7k.jpg

DLYT6TsUEAEc58X.jpg

DLYT8jnVAAIeB8V.jpg
Jsjsdjdkdjdjdj they actually hired a good artist again ⚰⚰

Mesoian

This is a nice show of good will. Just enough of a rebranding to facilitate a soft relaunch and a nice package for existing players as we move into season 3.

I can't wait to see how they fuck this up.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
$32 with GCU then
are there any ps4 pro performance improvements for this game? last time i played (2016) it was load screen city.

Wonder if this means they'll drop the price on the season passes now

Course it still wouldn't fix that passes are account locked

OMG. Barrel breaking bonus rounds and character endings? Awesome. For those of us who live in regions where it can be hard to find online games (or have sucky internet), this is gonna be really great.
Give us the option to enable Mikas original butt slap animation now pls, Capcom.

Kouriozan

So much for "there will only always be one single version" they kept repeating.
But this relaunch became necessary when the game bombed. We can only deplore the time it took for Capcom to add a key feature that is in every other fightning games.

$32 with GCU then
are there any ps4 pro performance improvements for this game? last time i played (2016) it was load screen city.
It’s a pretty solid experience now finding matches really quickly. If they get the balance right, I’d say it’s one of the best fighters out there.

jett

D-Member
This is great all around, wish it was coming sooner.

I actually prefer the old in-game interface though, I'll be modding that.

But this relaunch became necessary when it the game bombed. We can only deplore the time it took for Capcom to add a key feature that is in every other fightning games.

This is the same version as the first release, they meant they wouldn't fragment the player base

Uuuugh why Udon art....

Cause they've done SF for almost 20 years and that's how they made their name?

Playsage

But this relaunch became necessary when it the game bombed. We can only deplore the time it took for Capcom to add a key feature that is in every other fightning games.
Why people still say this shit over and over...

J-Tier

But this relaunch became necessary when the game bombed. We can only deplore the time it took for Capcom to add a key feature that is in every other fightning games.
You I only need one single version. It's a free update if you own the original, Arcade Edition is just a packaged deal essentially.

VariantX

No. they said you would only need one DISC. How can this small, but very clear bit of information be so misinterpreted to the extent that it is??

There is only one version, this update is free for me, and everyone who already has the game. You still only need one disc, which is EXACTLY what Capcom said.

This is just a new package for newcomers

S1+S2 characters aren't free for vanilla owners cause I already see ppl thinking otherwise lol.

Great package for first time buyers.

shinkai

I need to know if the Season 1 and 2 character are on disc or a download code, it will impact my decision on buying this or no.

I would hope it's on disc. I know for vanilla SFV it's CFN based, meaning as long as I can login to my PSN account on another PS4 and boot up SFV under my CFN account I'll have access to all my characters on that PS4 without having to download anything.

Oh jeez this is the update we've needed.

Still hoping that the rumour of new characters being added for free is true. It probably isn't, but I can dream.

It's a minor thing but I would've liked to have seen Capcom include all the costumes and stages with this new version. It'll be awkward when new players go to the stage select screen and not have them all available.

Zyrox

Multiple arcade ladders? Character endings with actual good art? What is this craziness?

Looks like a solid update. If only the game launched with all this. Oh well, at least it's coming now.

Top Bottom