• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only real way for someone to defeat Blue Hawaii would be to destroy the body Vanilla Ice style or possibly Tusk Act 4. The body would have to be completely destroyed without any blood being released in the process.

Squishy3

looks like we're going to get our next plot dump next chapter thankfully

that time in jojo's when josuke slammed a baby's head in a door

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The only real way for someone to defeat Blue Hawaii would be to destroy the body Vanilla Ice style or possibly Tusk Act 4. The body would have to be completely destroyed without any blood being released in the process.
I don't think it's even that complicated. You just need to lure the stand into a small body then trap it somewhere hermetically sealed. That's what I thought Gappy was going to do.

Get it into a hamster then throw the hamster into a hamster ball.

Notice that the cover page says not even family members know the true nature of Joubin's power.

So there's no way Joubin's power is just heating things up a few degrees, is there? He can like vibrate molecules or something, right?

Notice that the cover page says not even family members know the true nature of Joubin's power.

So there's no way Joubin's power is just heating things up a few degrees, is there? He can like vibrate molecules or something, right?

Could be. I'm betting he will use the Rokakaka fruit to fuse with another stand user to grow stronger.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Fusion dance between Kaato and Jobin to become the main antagonist would be super hype too, wouldn't even be mad about that one.

cntr

Banned
You know I don't know why it took me so long to realize this

but DiU is set in 1999 because it's a reference to that Prince song

Astral

Anyone else feel that save for a few panels, the art's been kinda lackluster? Maybe it's the quality of the scans but Yasuho especially looked weird in this chapter.

Pompadour

I get the feeling that Araki's going through yet another artstyle shift

I feel it's more like he went all-out in Part 7 and he might not want to put in as much effort every month, especially since I've read Japan didn't care that much for SBR. Maybe he thought it's not worth the effort, especially with the side stuff he does on top of his work load.

Regardless, it still looks fantastic.

this Caesar statue pose game is something

a3a.png

Mikey Jr.

Ok, so I'm new to the series.

Just finished part 1 and was devastated by the end.
I didn't like joseph joestar in the beginning of the episode of part 2. John is such a classic.

But as soon as he punched that mafia guy and pulled out the tommy gun on the vampire, I was sold.

Also, the one thing that legit fucked me up for the whole day, and I have never seen anything like that, is when the mom turned into a vampire and ate her own baby.

That legitimately was terrifying. That whole sequence has been burned into my brain. I can overstate how fucked up that whole scene was for me. I won't forget it for the rest of my life.

Frimaire

I didn't like joseph joestar in the beginning of the episode of part 2. John is such a classic.

But as soon as he punched that mafia guy and pulled out the tommy gun on the vampire, I was sold.

Also, the one thing that legit fucked me up for the whole day, and I have never seen anything like that, is when the mom turned into a vampire and ate her own baby.

That legitimately was terrifying. That whole sequence has been burned into my brain. I can overstate how fucked up that whole scene was for me. I won't forget it for the rest of my life.

Hey, just a warning if you're still not that far into Jojo, this is the manga thread and people in here discuss spoilers pretty openly even as far in as Part 8.

Tizoc

Araki likes horror movies even wrote a book about some of his favourite ones but it is in japanese only
Enjoy the show and do make a lttp thread once ur down with the josef arc :)

zeemumu

I finally finished the part 4 anime adaptation and went back through the openings to see what hints I initially missed. As always there's a ton of foreshadowing that just looks like pretty intro art until you know what to look for.
Kira getting run over by an ambulance felt a little anti-climactic, but him getting dragged away in the soul alley made up for it.
Also I was under the impression that at some point
Josuke would go back in time and push the car with young him out of the rain and be the reason that he wears his hair the way he does.
Maybe that happens in a later part that I'm not aware of.

The Hand could solve so many problems. I'm surprised that he doesn't use it that often.

God the "Josuke went back in time to help himself" idea is the worst

to elaborate, it shits on one of the core points of Part 4, in that no matter how shitty Morioh can get, there's always good people willing to help. Some random teenage delinquent saving someone he doesn't know even putting himself at risk for it, has more thematic weight than "kid saves himself through time travel"

zeemumu

God the "Josuke went back in time to help himself" idea is the worst

to elaborate, it shits on one of the core points of Part 4, in that no matter how shitty Morioh can get, there's always good people willing to help. Some random teenage delinquent saving someone he doesn't know even putting himself at risk for it, has more thematic weight than "kid saves himself through time travel"

So that did happen or was it a scrapped idea?

The people of Morioh seem really easily swayed towards murdering complete strangers.

So that did happen or was it a scrapped idea?

The people of Morioh seem really easily swayed towards murdering complete strangers.

It's just a random delinquent who inspired Josuke. There was no time travel. There's no evidence it was ever gonna involve time travel, it happened years of serialization before Bites The Dust even occurs and that has clear set rules so even if Araki set it up as something to come back to, he decided not to with BTD

Mikey Jr.

Hey, just a warning if you're still not that far into Jojo, this is the manga thread and people in here discuss spoilers pretty openly even as far in as Part 8.

Ohh, do you know where I can talk about the anime?

I just finished the Joseph arc. I just got introduced to Joto? I forgot his name already, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom