• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 3 |OT| Ninja Dog Revengeance

Hey guys, you want REAL sales figures? The land of the rising sun has done us PROUD!

04./00. [PS3] Devil May Cry HD Collection <ACT> (Capcom) {2012.03.22} (¥4.990) - 43.791 / NEW

05./00. [PS3] Ninja Gaiden 3 # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2012.03.22} (¥8.190) - 29.797 / NEW

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. They know Ninja Dogshit when they smell it, and Hayashit is the smelliest one of them all! He thought he could shit on Ninja Gaiden, but everyone SHAT ON HIM INSTEAD! :D

Team Ninja Dog's new original game accomplishments so far:
Metroid: The Other M
Ninja Gaiden 3
Dead or Alive 5 <--- ????
Exposed.

Hey guys, you want REAL sales figures? The land of the rising sun has done us PROUD!

04./00. [PS3] Devil May Cry HD Collection <ACT> (Capcom) {2012.03.22} (¥4.990) - 43.791 / NEW

05./00. [PS3] Ninja Gaiden 3 # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2012.03.22} (¥8.190) - 29.797 / NEW

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. They know Ninja Dogshit when they smell it, and Hayashit is the smelliest one of them all! He thought he could shit on Ninja Gaiden, but everyone SHAT ON HIM INSTEAD! :D

Ninja Gaiden 3

EDLhQ.gif

I hope this game just fuckin BOMBAs all over the world. Shit sales for shit game.

God no. :p The Sigmas were built off games that Itagaki led, and were basically inferior. A Sigmatized version of a Hayashi-led Ninja Gaiden would be a fairly nightmarish proposition. 7th circle of hell type stuff.

I am definitely in the camp that thinks NGS2 is better then NG2. I am really hoping that we get a NGS3 at some point. They really would only have to change a few things to make this be a really good game.

Ninja Gaiden 3

still too many sales. 30,000 people's hopes and dreams crushed.

I am definitely in the camp that thinks NGS2 is better then NG2. I am really hoping that we get a NGS3 at some point. They really would only have to change a few things to make this be a really good game.

maybe if they double the enemy roster, find some way to achieve good balance in this combat system with all new AI, take out the QTEs, add moves, weapons, and sub-weapons.

that's a tall order.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
maybe if they double the enemy roster, find some way to achieve good balance in this combat system with all new AI, take out the QTEs, add moves, weapons, and sub-weapons.

that's a tall order.

Is the enemey variety that limited? I thought the main problem was pacing (too much repetition) and lack of exploration. I haven't played the game, so I have no idea what the level design is like, but perhaps they could add some items or a shop here and there. Adding moves and weapons shouldn't be that unrealistic considering they added completely new characters in the Sigma games.

AI probably can't change much since it would also require changing the story. It was deliberate, and some people will never like that decision. Same thing goes with the QTE's. It's clear the game will never be as good as NGB, but it sounds like there are some things that could be fixed to at least give it some redeeming value.

I know there's a lot of hate for the developer's games, but are the blatant insults like "Hayashit" conductive or respectful at all? I called something an X-Com developer said "clueless" and apparently even that is too extreme and disrespectful, so I wonder whether this sort of language is acceptable?

Also there have been a lot of insults directed towards casual gamers in this thread, and apparently even though it's not ok to use a phrase like "fanboy ignorance", it's ok to throw around the "ignorant casual" insult with wild abandon when referring to anyone who might have liked this game or at least thought it wasn't a steaming pile.

ultim8p00

Banned

Ninja Gaiden 3

This feels so good. It feels like revenge.

Kayo-kun

I love it.

Comparison first week sales.

Ninja Gaiden 2 - 24,570
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - 42,000
Ninja Gaiden 3 - 29,797

NG3 falls in line for about what this series does in Japan. So bomba? Not really.

Comparison first week sales.

Ninja Gaiden 2 - 24,570
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - 42,000
Ninja Gaiden 3 - 29,797

NG3 falls in line for about what this series does in Japan.

2 was console exclusive on a system that never thrived in Japan. And Sigma 2 had decent marketing...in terms of getting the game out, not in terms of content (boobs!)

I swear without the Regent of the Mask, this game would have literally NOTHING memorable, and even then he becomes annoying as hell on higher difficulties.

MjFrancis

Is the enemey variety that limited? I thought the main problem was pacing (too much repetition) and lack of exploration. I haven't played the game, so I have no idea what the level design is like, but perhaps they could add some items or a shop here and there. Adding moves and weapons shouldn't be that unrealistic considering they added completely new characters in the Sigma games.

AI probably can't change much since it would also require changing the story. It was deliberate, and some people will never like that decision. Same thing goes with the QTE's. It's clear the game will never be as good as NGB, but it sounds like there are some things that could be fixed to at least give it some redeeming value.

I'm imagining a NGS3 that involves 6-12 new enemy types, new player characters, level select features, A.I. buffs, throw damage nerfs, new weapons and some variety in ninpo.

That's as much as we could possibly hope for, since the game is built around linear corridors, zero items and QTE's built into the environments. There's nothing else to them, and any Sigma will have to change the game within the confines set by the developers very early on. The repetition can be patched up a bit with my suggestions but the game was built to be linear. The game was also built around not giving the player access to items or extra health (outside of ninpo) and as Tain mentioned, was one of the better ideas implemented in NG3.

The only realistic upgrade for Ninja Gaiden Sigma 3 is for Team Ninja to execute the concept of a linear action game sans items or health better rather than scratch it entirely. Hayashi won't get rid of the QTE's, add shops, or change the levels to accommodate exploration. It really means making a different game.

rvy

Banned
Remember when people were saying that Itagaki's departure could be the best thing to happen to Ninja Gaiden? LOL.

MechaX

Shhh you are being too reasonable for the GAF circus of stupid.

That's... not reasonable at all. NG2 was a 360 exclusive and we all know that the 360 was dead on arrival in Japan even back in 2008. Hell, that explicit rating for the game sure as hell didn't do it any favors either. Sigma received decent advertising but was still met with the mostly "too little too late" reception and didn't sell as well as it might have if it was released concurrently with NG2. NG3 doesn't really have much of an excuse this time around for not pushing significantly more units.

That's... not reasonable at all. NG2 was a 360 exclusive and we all know that the 360 was dead on arrival in Japan even back in 2008. Hell, that explicit rating for the game sure as hell didn't do it any favors either. Sigma received decent advertising but was still met with the mostly "too little too late" reception and didn't sell as well as it might have if it was released concurrently with NG2. NG3 doesn't really have much of an excuse this time around for not pushing significantly more units.

And by logic NG3 should sell the most given its building off NGS2' momentum and it's a simultaneous release on ps3 for the first time

Even if they up the variety of enemies to 20 and add in mid level bosses and weapons the game will still be a huge mess. Like everyone else said, the levels not only lack exploration but are just boring locations to be in. Very bland and generic. At least in NG2 the levels looked cool. The Neo Tokyo, Venice and NYC levels were fun as were the later levels in Hell or whatever it was. NG3's levels are just terrible. London? boring, Jungle? boring, Desert? boring.

If Team Ninja added in the RPG elements the game would probably be an even bigger mess because it was clearly not designed for any power ups. This game is a gigantic mess and I really can't see them addressing any of this for a Sigma version because it is just way too much work and not as simple as just adding in enemies or whatever. The best we can do is hope that Team Ninja Dog addresses all these issues and gives us a great NG4.

Do you get more health for leveling your ninja up? Do any stats increase at all? Not sure if I'm wasting time by trying to grind to level 50.

Robot Pants said:
God is it ever. I had to do the same thing. I tried playing a few times for real but its such a joke. I just did ghost kills when I could to level up my sword and hoped my team won.
If you ever need help on some trials let me know.
I know of an easy way to complete UN03. You and your partner just separate the two Ryus, and when Ryu is walking towards you, about 5 steps away, XYXXY and repeat.
If you want try the Master Ninja/Ultimate Ninja trials, I'm up for it. Or if you still need to complete some leader ones. I don't have a mic tho.

Do you get more health for leveling your ninja up? Do any stats increase at all? Not sure if I'm wasting time by trying to grind to level 50.

If you want try the Master Ninja/Ultimate Ninja trials, I'm up for it. Or if you still need to complete some leader ones. I don't have a mic tho.

What system are you on and if 360 what is your GT? I am definitely up for doing missions with people.

It feels bad to want the game to fail, but if the game sells well, there is a chance that Hayashi never listen to us.

I wonder how much control he actually had over the project vs. Tecmo telling him to make a cinematic, story-intensive, more casual action game ala god of war.

Itagaki had sway at tecmo to take all the time in the world with his games, but then they got eaten up by Koei, and we know the affect corporate buyouts can have on franchises.

I hope Itagaki will make a "Ninja Gaiden" esque game when he is finished with Devils Third to make up for this and the fact that Devils Third looked pretty unappealing and bland to me the last time I've seen it in action. Looks like a giant mess.

.la1n

I understand what you are saying, and I am sure they would have loved to have pushed more units at this point. The fact remains it's still in line with past sales. My post was directed towards everyone crying bomba, itagaki vindicated and other nonsense.

Dysun

I'm more interested in this game than I was before because of the negative reception it has received. I think I will rent it

Skilletor

&#8704; Narayan;36442569 said:
I'm about to pull the plug, but Dead or Alive 5 looks decent. If that game ends up being terrible, then Team Ninja's future is questionable.

If DoA5 sucks, then the studio has nothing left, lol. I wouldn't trust them with a new IP and they'll have destroyed their biggest existing ones.

Nah, DoA5 would suck with Itagaki at the helm. Since I care about that game more than NG, I'm willing to wait before they are truly team ninja dog to me.

i'd rather have good ninja gaiden and bad DOA than vice versa. Plenty of other fighters out there, hardcore action games are a dying breed.

TreIII

i'd rather have good ninja gaiden and bad DOA than vice versa. Plenty of other fighters out there, hardcore action games are a dying breed.

Well, I'm the opposite. DOA was always one of my favorite fighting games (2D, 3D or otherwise), but seeing it being basically stifled under Itagaki's regime was something I always disliked.

Skilletor

I'm the reverse. Don't care much about the genre as a whole. DoA is one of my favorite series and I'd much rather play that. :)

I might think otherwise if DoA4 weren't so disappointing. As it stands, I can still play NG2 and NGB.

Top Bottom