• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I can't believe this is the actual box art. WORST COVER EVER.

Haunted

The colour combination alone makes it pretty terrible, but that's a 360 specific problem.

No need to talk about the embarrassing text plastered all over. Makes it look cheap and not worth a second look.

not really related but never forget

amnesia.jpg

What kind of monster is that?

.GqueB.

Banned
Actually from a design standpoint it isn't that bad. It utilizes the red in the artwork for the text and the type is actually worked into the artwork rather than just slapped on where it would fit. The use of the tear to show the bonus content is also pretty well done. In other words, the artist did the best he/she could do with what was handed to him/her. I've had enough "Hovering art director" moments and "the client wants this" situations to see that this designer probably gave it a shot.

I wouldn't have used the Batman logo twice personally.

Riptwo

Speaking of Arkham City, did anyone who was missing materials in the 360 collector's edition actually receive replacement materials? I received an email from WB Support stating that they'd mail me a copy of Gotham Knights on Blu-ray as well as cards of some sort, but they never actually arrived and every subsequent email to their support address has been met with silence.

I would honestly NOT buy the game just because of that, it's fucking horrible...

YOU have the WHOLE back of the box to fill of crap, don't do it in the front.

JazzmanZ

I think there needs to be a law where a review quote should not be bigger than the title of the game.

Also am I the only one who sees someone punching batman rather than him rubbing blood off his face?

RivalCore

I would honestly NOT buy the game just because of that, it's fucking horrible...

So if the game is good (which it is), you wouldn't buy it or play it because of a printed sleeve that you'll see maybe half a dozen times in your life?

I'm not a collector or someone who gives a second thought to packaging since it ends up in the recycling bin anyway, so I'm not understanding the outrage.

omg, that poor graphic designer, i know exactly how this kind of shit happens....

here is the word doc of all the shit our marketing department wants to be on the box, and oh the 10 out of 10 should be in font size 10,000, everyone and their grandma needs to see it!

I can't even tell what the thing in front is. Is it his right arm and he's wiping off his face? If so his hand's bigger than his head.

Alucrid

Banned
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/3693/646756-castledosbox1.jpg[IMG]

this is still the worst imo[/QUOTE]

It actually took me a second

"This just looks like normal box art...
Is it how the characters are placed?
Wait...
What's that red line up ther-OH GOD"

So if the game is good (which it is), you wouldn't buy it or play it because of a printed sleeve that you'll see maybe half a dozen times in your life?

I'm not a collector or someone who gives a second thought to packaging since it ends up in the recycling bin anyway, so I'm not understanding the outrage.

But I wonder if someone would see that on display at a store and make the same judgment and thus a sale is lost.

Top Bottom