• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kevin Butler becomes Vice President of betrayal in new commercial

Raoh

Kevin-Butler-Shiggy.jpg

The comments on YouTube are cracking me up.

yl4bQ.png

pYq1a.png

3UTUU.png

bcBed.png

tMnsB.png

IbrbB.png

4QegY.png

I seriously couldn't be laughing more right now.

LMFAO

Ploid 3.0

hahaha at the youtube comments post. One is from a movie or something but I can't figure out which, sounds like Sam Jackson.

from the youtube comments

do you realize that nintendo CREATED the PS in a way...
the story is that nintendo sony and phillips came together to make a cd system to combat sega. then they got mad at each other when the project wasn't going as planned nintnedo made the N64 DD while phillips made the CDi and sony made the ps1. and nintendo defined the industry. sega wouldn't have gone into games if it weren't for the sucess of the NES. so nintendo created sega who helped create the xbox with the dreamcast and created the ps

you know nintendo created sega,xbox and psone XD

Hilarious. I guess someone at Sony didn't like the negative attention.

I'm expecting the actor who played Marcus to be found following a fatal "accident" any day now too...

Kyou

I wonder if there was actually a contractual thing about not appearing in commercials for competing products, and someone viewed this as a Wii commercial and not a tire commercial.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
lol, I'm more surprised with the new edit. The hell??

Better save the old commercial before the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo nuke it from existence!

J-Tier

Haha, I guess fans complaining made this happen. People really need to understand that Jerry Lambert isn't owned by Sony. Only the character he plays is owned by Sony. It's like saying Johnny Depp is owned by Disney o___O Regardless, whatever, I guess there was a big enough stink that they had to remove him from the commercial.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Haha, I guess fans complaining made this happen. People really need to understand that Jerry Lambert isn't owned by Sony. Only the character he plays is owned by Sony. It's like saying Johnny Depp is owned by Disney o___O Regardless, whatever, I guess there was a big enough stink that they had to remove him from the commercial.

Johnny Depp is actually owned by Tim Burton so...

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.

Kazerei

Banned
so uh... they took Kevin Butler out of the commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=M9WRGjODZDQ

Unless this is an alternate commercial, but it is pretty much exactly the same as the original so why have two identical commercials with two different actors? :eek:

EDIT: DAMN IT

Wow, nice editing!

Before:
dJP3Y.png

After:
iVg6P.png

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Looking at the old commercial, it seems like we hasn't even needed. He wasn't even playing the game, lol

There's actually quite a few differences between those two commercials, the chick doesn't do all that noise making in the second one.

They probably just edited a second one together with different takes.

Top Bottom