• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rampage Trailer #1 (Dwayne Johnson, Naomie Harris)

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
https://youtu.be/sV0Cr0jX7HI

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson stars in the adaptation of the classic arcade video game as monstrous versions of regular animals go on the rampage.

I think it looks pretty bad, even for a dumb action flick based off a video game. The Rock seems kinda sedate, and there are some really odd creative choices here. He might be flexing that producer muscle a little too much...but you never know, sometimes these things can surprise you.

Joe T.

That actually exceeded my rock bottom expectations. Barely. They had to know they were going to disappoint a lot of fans of the game with that wolf and gator.

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
I'll probably watch it. I'm a sucker for monster movies. Too bad they couldn't figure out a way to work in the monsters being humans angle.

kunonabi

This is exactly how you dont make a Rampage movie adaptation.

Still, could be a mildly entertaining netflix watch anyway.

Da-Kid

Weren't the Monsters originally human?

Why is George white? Ugh... poor Ralph. And..... Negan is in this?

Manus

Of all games to make a movie from. This is like that Battleship movie which was terrible. I don't know if The Rock can save this.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Weren't the Monsters originally human?

Why is George white? Ugh... poor Ralph. And..... Negan is in this?

My first thought was they made him white so he doesn't look exactly like Kong.

This looks way more serious than I was expecting when I heard they were making a Rampage movie. This should have been a colorful comedic version of Cloverfield.

DiddyBop

The Rock’s movie career is so weird. He picks so many garbage movies but the flop stink never sticks to him.

This is what happens when you're perceived as a great guy and you have an entire generation that grew up idolizing you as THE alpha male. He's done a great job building his armour(no pun intended)

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
tumblr_n82gt1NSNo1skasmxo2_500.gif

Grizzlyjin

This is what happens when you're perceived as a great guy and you have an entire generation that grew up idolizing you as THE alpha male. He's done a great job building his armour(no pun intended)

There is this weird perception that he's the secret sauce to franchises and I just don't see it. Fast & Furious was already on the come up after the 4th one. Plus, the 7th is the highest grossing one and he's barely in that movie. GI Joe kinda got a boost...but has gone nowhere since. Central Intelligence did okay but Kevin Hart probably has more to do with that. Hercules and Baywatch both flopped.

San Andreas "saved" his career, big time. He needed a solo box office win. He's definitely not this always bankable star though, quite the opposite

Sorcerer

The Rock’s movie career is so weird. He picks so many garbage movies but the flop stink never sticks to him.

He can make flops because he has F&F to fall back on. A couple of flops, but he is good graces when the Furious movies hit.

Sort of like Johnny Depp for a while. A string of flops, A Pirate movie. Although it seems his luck seems to have run out.

It looks fun.
I didnt think the original game had enough cultural significance to make a big modern movie out of, but Im glad it does. For a moment there, I was worried that they forgot about Lizardman too.

KonradLaw

San Andreas "saved" his career, big time. He needed a solo box office win. He's definitely not this always bankable star though, quite the opposite

Tom Cruise is the last remaining "bankable star" on the planet and his influence is slipping too. Times where an actor could make a movie success all on his own are long gone.

DeSo

Banned
Fuck, we had Rampage on the Commodore 64, that shit was awesome. Got no doubt this will be awful though.

Yocke

This looks like every other blockbuster that's not a superhero film these days. Tom Cruise, Marky Mark or The Rock running away from some CGI threat.

DiddyBop

There is this weird perception that he's the secret sauce to franchises and I just don't see it. Fast & Furious was already on the come up after the 4th one. Plus, the 7th is the highest grossing one and he's barely in that movie. GI Joe kinda got a boost...but has gone nowhere since. Central Intelligence did okay but Kevin Hart probably has more to do with that. Hercules and Baywatch both flopped.

Social media is huge nowadays and outside of Justin Beiber and some soccer players I'm sure the rock is stop five for males in followers on instagram, this is huge for marketers and so long as the rock has his colossal social media following studios will keep throwing money at him until something sticks and strikes a cord with all his fans.

It is really weird though, he has a ton of fans but it doesn't translate to butts in seats just yet. I feel Jumanji will do relatively well but Rampage has flop written all over it. To his credit I am pretty sure Ballers is actually a bit hit for HBO

Top Bottom