• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuroyume

Banned
The Frankman said:
Full Article:

The reason LF is so shallow is because of seating, if look like they tryin gto bring back the picnic area of sorts. Finally I can continue my intense heckling in LF once again:

of_wall_left_field_seating_600x225.jpg

of_wall_left_seat_render_600x289.jpg

I REALLY like the new Outdoor area in the Mo Zone.

BLUEEEEEEEEE WALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSS Yeah! :D

If Sabathia's 2017 option is vested, the total value of his contract will be $211 million over 9 seasons.

The option automatically vests if he never goes to the DL with a left shoulder injury.

Fox318

The Frankman said:
Full Article:

The reason LF is so shallow is because of seating, if look like they tryin gto bring back the picnic area of sorts. Finally I can continue my intense heckling in LF once again:

of_wall_left_field_seating_600x225.jpg

of_wall_left_seat_render_600x289.jpg

I REALLY like the new Outdoor area in the Mo Zone.
Just what citi needs more empty seats

Coins

Banned
Soka said:
Molina has Gold Glove on lock.

Also, sorry I'm late, but La Russa retired? What the hell man, you're less than a season away from being number 2 all-time on the managerial win list! I guess he doesn't give a shit, so, more power to him.

For some reason, La Russa gone lowers my confidence for keeping Pujols. Also, I'll truly miss the crazy shit La Russa did over the years.

EDIT: Also, Oquendo for manager or fuck everyone.
If the Cards hire Oquendo, Pujols will sign for sure.

so basically he just gets two more years tacked on? ok, looks like Jon Heinman was wrong again. I don;t even know why I listened to that moron in the first place.

Malo

Banned
evil solrac v3.0 said:
so basically he just gets two more years tacked on? ok, looks like Jon Heinman was wrong again. I don;t even know why I listened to that moron in the first place.
One year at 25 million with a vesting option for another 25 million.

Celsior

So, the Yanks need to sign another starter, and figure out the catching situation.

If Montero can catch, the Yanks can DH Swish and sign a RF(be interested in Grady Sizemore, don't know if he would want to play RF though)

Malo

Banned
Celsior said:
So, the Yanks need to sign another starter, and figure out the catching situation.

If Montero can catch, the Yanks can DH Swish and sign a RF(be interested in Grady Sizemore, don't know if he would want to play RF though)
I'm pretty sure Martin is going to be back and Swisher is going to be the rf.

Celsior

Windu said:
why would you DH nick swisher? he isn't a horrible fielder or anything.
Not horrible, mostly depends on if Montero is catching or DHing.
If Martin is offer arbitration we will know where the Yanks are going.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
So of the $30-35 million Bill Smith has to spend on the roster, how much will be spent on relievers? I'm guessing $20 million.

cashman said:
So the Yankees out on Darvish/CJ?

lol if anything getting the CC deal done this fast makes them more likely to be in on CJ. You think they want to go through another season with that shit show of a rotation?

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Square Triangle said:
I'm curious of Dave Dombrowski will do anything. I really hope he didn't get all comfortable with what he got at the TD.
I think he should probably lock up Delmon for 4-5 years. He's only 25 and no one doubts his talent.

Could the Dodgers try and get Furcal back for cheap? Are they comfortable with Dee Gordon and his 12 year old body being the full time SS?

eznark

Banned
ConradCervantes said:
I don't know, Jon Heyman just claimed we're the top contender for Reyes. I kind of laughed, but it'd be a nice reality.

You realize he just makes shit up right? He has zero sources for anything he writes. Maybe that's wishful thinking. No way do I want to be saddled with Reyes' contract.

Too bad the shitty MLB hates Mark Cuban. He'd make a great baseball owner. That Hershiser/Garvey group will probably get the bid, like how Nolan was chosen over Cuban for the Rangers.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Cardinals decline options on Dotel and Furcal.

I'm disappointed on both of those decisions.

EDIT: Btw, where did you see this news? MLB.com is obviously slow as shit with updating, but I'm unsure where to go for newest news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom