• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

did another sesh of mp on my lunch break via remote play,

which is such a fuckin joke sometimes when it'll be working fine then FREEZE all of a sudden and then later just disconnects!

WinFonda

how has FAL gone untouched since beta? i used it back then and refused to run it assuming it would get hit... honestly its the only gun that just feels broken, it's especially noticeable in classic mode

the damage output and pressure is frankly absurd; at any distance it can dominate

it needs a HUGE rate of fire nerf, and perhaps greater damage fall off at range... maybe even a clip size nerf, what other gun can down up to 3-4 people with an unmodded clip?

Rated-G

Man, coop is just not as fun for me after they nerfed mystical, the M14 and the Agarwal. I'm so glad I'd gotten my crushing three stars before that update, but I still wanted to do it on the other three difficulties. Hardcore mode sounds like it'll just be too much of a headache with how much of a crap shoot Indra's Disciple can be. Has anyone here actually completed hardcore?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Outside of vanity/weapons stuff, any guesses what we are getting in tomorrow's DLC stream? I hope we get uncharted 3 maps and a beta for team objective. Oh yeah, and more classic music!! *crossing fingers*

Outside of vanity/weapons stuff, any guesses what we are getting in tomorrow's DLC stream? I hope we get uncharted 3 maps and a beta for team objective. Oh yeah, and more classic music!! *crossing fingers*

More color variations for skins and colors for headgear?
More maps would be great, but i'm not expecting anything, since you would think they'd tease them, if they had any in store for this update. I'll gladly be wrong though. Otherwise maybe classic mode and/or KOTH arrive for good.

Drencrom

More color variations for skins and colors for headgear?
More maps would be great, but i'm not expecting anything, since you would think they'd tease them, if they had any in store for this update. I'll gladly be wrong though. Otherwise maybe classic mode and/or KOTH arrive for good.

Yeah, I don't expect them to add anymore maps sadly. But new weapons and skins are nice and finally having Classic mode out of beta.

Drencrom

Is it just me or is the MP laggier after the 4.50 Firmware update?

I actually downgraded the from the 4.50 to 4.07 when I was in the firmware beta because for some reason UC4 MP introduced a ton of latency and it seems like it's still a problem in the publically released 4.50 update. The game never had players rubberbanding before and I'm now getting white plugs...

I actually downgraded the from the 4.50 to 4.07 when I was in the firmware beta because for some reason UC4 MP introduced a ton of latency and it seems like it's still a problem in the publically released 4.50 update. The game never had players rubberbanding before and I'm now getting white plugs...
It's probably coincidental. Why would a FW update affect a p2p game?

Lots of good games to play (Horizon, Zelda etc.) -> smaller pool -> more distant players -> more lag

Even this thread is not as active as it used to be... if that says anything to you. F2P could potentially save this game, but it should be released before TLOU2 comes out, otherwise it'll be kinda pointless.

Anyway, I hope they add some highly requested DLC boosters. My 9k+ relics are waiting to be spent. No more duplicate weapons/colors plz.

Foxxsoxx

Pretty nifty update coming this Friday.

Kind of sad that both the new long guns are full-auto, but at least they're pretty different from the rest.

I like the new skins they're all pretty fly. I like that they made changes to KOTH.

Really sad about that new map not coming with the patch though. It looks like they're going to patch it in within a month or few weeks though.

It's called Treasury so it's probably going to be based on the last boss fight I would assume.

I like the tweaks to pulldowns and pulldown whiffs. Faster animations were sorely needed. It sounds like more heroes and villains are in the works, which is awesome.

Am I the only one that wants either Medieval skins or Conquistador skins?

I'd still like to see a sword added as a weapon somehow as well(even as a special Mystical).

Drencrom

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1353077

I fucking knew it, I wasn't crazy! :p

Drencrom

Digging the new pistol and the tweaked KOTH, haven't tried the new assualt rifles yet.

Having VIP relic bonus increased to 40% is nice too.

I don't understand why XP Farmer is for Survival only. It's so easy to level up compared to Competitive MP.

Definitely a completely useless booster as leveling up to 50 is done so easily + the fact that the people who will unlock the booster via the DLC gameplay chest will most likely already be rank 50.

Mediking

You should gain more currency for wins and losses. But I do love how you never get repetitive items in chests.

What I really don't like... is when an obvious Ranked team comes into Not Ranked and pretty much use us like practice because they can't get farther in Ranked. Lol

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The INCEST is beast. It feels and plays great. If anything, the Type 95 just feels like a reskin of the Lowe, but not as good.
I think it's garbage. It reminds me of the M4 which I already think is shit, but with recoil. I can't find a mod that I like on it to make it tolerable.

ND needs to stop the "pitting parties against parties" stupidity, especially in low-populated playlists (like Plunder).

If you are in a party and you want to play a (legit) match, it takes ages to find players... if you are a (relic) booster, you find your buddies in no time!

Honestly, if I had it my way, I'd unify all modes into a single playlist (Plunder is 5v5 now) and boosting would be damn near impossible...

Does Cogburn read this forum?

Foxxsoxx

The INCEST is beast. It feels and plays great. If anything, the Type 95 just feels like a reskin of the Lowe, but not as good.

It's alright but nothing special for me as of yet. 200 kills in on that bad boy hoping recoil will make it worth it.

I love how it looks but the recoil is just too random at range.

Type 95 is only good at 1v1 and close range, clip size or reload is pretty much a must on it.

M4 is my babe though, we slick af.

Really hoping that new map comes soon, just sad that it'll likely be the last.

Didn't like the new pistol. It changes your aiming sensitivity when you use it? Horrible! 4 shots to down? Not a fan at all.

Kind of like a crappy metler.

Tried the pistol again and it is much better, really fun to use. Feels like a mini-metler, really nice weapon to have paired with a SMG or shotgun for that combined long-range / close ranged efficacy.

Also hit master this season (4 seasons running now) thanks to #1 defender and others (some not on GAF I guess).

Most of the time I was using the Type 95, but when we got to the last 10 or so matches I switched over to the FAL since I still feel it's the best gun in the game.

TripOpt55

Checked out the new map in private match solo, just to see what it looks like. Seemed pretty cool, but hard to get a vibe for it that way obviously. Hope I can try it for real later. Kind of wish they had done a different environment though. A lot of similar island maps. I think one based on the Chapter 10 area would be cool.

Played one match ( TDM ) on the new map earlier, I dig it.

Checked out the new map in private match solo, just to see what it looks like. Seemed pretty cool, but hard to get a vibe for it that way obviously. Hope I can try it for real later. Kind of wish they had done a different environment though. A lot of similar island maps. I think one based on the Chapter 10 area would be cool.

Agreed, map based on twelve towers location/scenery would be great.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I just love late joining and waiting 6+ minutes to actually join the match. Jesus wtf. 😐😐😐

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I played the new map a bunch of times tonight. The first two matches I was confused, but got the hang of it. Now that I know the layout, it's pretty fun. Plenty of flanking options and some intense gun fights to be had in it for sure. One of the better maps in this game, IMO.

However...i don't mind late joining cuz I usually turn matches around but when it takes 6+ minutes to join the match it pisses me off. Why does it need to take that long? It's stupid. By the time you join, most people have already fucking left cuz usually I join the team that's getting stomped.

Drencrom

Feels like New Devon 2.0. I'd rather have Highrise.

Would love to have Highrise return. The verticality of that map was great, really sad the MP designers for UC4 are so damn afraid of having a vertical map. You would think it would be great and fitting now when there's a grappling hook for traversal and slides that could be implemented to take you down a storey etc.

Would love to have Highrise return. The verticality of that map was great, really sad the MP designers for UC4 are so damn afraid of having a vertical map. You would think it would be great and fitting now when there's a grappling hook for traversal and slides that could be implemented to take you down a storey etc.
I agree, but I think they're afraid of losing players. Same thing with the TDM vs objective modes Ranked controversy...

Top Bottom