• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroshiki

Hideaki Anno sux and takes away all the emotion from the movie is what I heard.

Hideaki Anno has a cellphone commercial.

d1475-73-376037-1.jpg

d1475-73-304024-0.jpg

Here are some recent AU image models:

Arashi

Gouriki Ayame and Kyari Pamyu Pamyu

Hideaki Anno

SPOT THE DIFFERENCE!!

Yes! Precure 5 - 02

Argh i must have missed when you finished splash star, dammit i was looking forward to that.

Anyway be carefull you're entering a zone where you enjoyment will be somehow less epic than before.
Also , you probably think you've already guessed the plot of the next 3 episodes ?
Ah ah don't let your guard down

Gintama Episode 8 – There Is Butt a Fine Line Between Persistence and Stubbornness
tumblr_mq23cxaDNo1qbxqfpo1_500.png

All day with the Shinsengumi? Good, probably the best episode of Gintama thus far as all that time with Hijikata and Okita was worth it, and even better nine seems to continue the good plots with Hijikata and Gintoki action, I cant wait to tackle it at some point in the near future.

four lines for subs was a bit excessive though...crunchyroll...

Gintama Episode 8 – There Is Butt a Fine Line Between Persistence and Stubbornness

What really made me laugh about that episode was when it was called "24 hours with the Shinsengumi", and yet we see scenes of Gin and the others. Then it's revealed that
the stalker was actually the head of the entire group, so it really was 24 hours with the Shinsengumi!

Subtle, great comedy. I like to call Gintama the Seinfeld of anime.

What really made me laugh about that episode was when it was called "24 hours with the Shinsengumi", and yet we see scenes of Gin and the others. Then it's revealed that
the stalker was actually the head of the entire group, so it really was 24 hours with the Shinsengumi!

Subtle, great comedy. I like to call Gintama the Seinfeld of anime.

Not to mention some of the names of the episodes are funny in themselves. I remember one title was so long that it barely fit on the screen. The episode title was "Stress Can Lead To Baldness But If You Try Not To Be Stressed Then That Will Make You Stressed, So There's Nothing You Can Do." One of my favorite anime, there's a reason my name includes Gintoki.

Kingdom 2 - 6

Kind of on the boring side as they truly make her venomous and kind of bad. Would be more interested if the history of her character had been given first and then this stuff taken place instead. Maybe it could have come out better and gave the suspense and background to why everyone was so stunned in the palace courts.

C^3-bu 2

Miyukichi definitely made this show more enjoyable but my god is it ugly. The girls should also be wearing full face protection instead of just eye masks. Those BBs can still chip their teeth!

Watamote 2

I nearly died at the Whisper of the Heart parody! Based Sugita! Though I have to point out that this show is really ugly. The pointless lens flare everywhere is also just obnoxious. I know Silver Link isn't known for making lookers but come on guys!

kk61kdj.jpg

Wish they don't use these ugly designs again.

Mushibugyo 14

Opening: Great. Vast improvement over the first one.
Ending: Good. Perfer this over the previous one as well.

Glad to see Jinbei actually leveled up after his training with dear old dad. Hopefully he remains competent without having to use his hidden power any time soon. Besides my complaint in the upper image, new enemies do seem interesting and should provide a decent challenge for everyone compared to the last few bugs.

And the lack of Oharu oppai fanservice means its Hibiki's turn to step in and show off her nice buttocks.

Uraizen

Banned
Watamote 2

Yup, still enjoying it, even with all the weird moments. She's just... awkward, but her life isn't so bad. Her mumbling is still cute.

zeroshiki

Two bits on Kaze Tachinu (yes its the in thing right now, the movie is all over the news and TV):

1) The grandfather of cranky old men (non Miyazaki edition), the maestro of nonsensical plots, the butcher of half baked characters, yes Yoshiyuki Tomino has weighed in on Kaze Tachinu.

When asked if he'd seen Kaze Tachinu he replied in the affirmative and said:

Tomino interview said:
Tomino: A great movie. There is only one problem. I am the same age as Miyazaki-san. As such, I might be judging it too softly... which is why I want to hear what younger people think about it. Its a rare film.

Other dude: I liked Ponyo and Spirited Away more.

Tomino: Really? I hated Ponyo and Spirited Away.

Other stuff from Tomino:

Its a movie about airplanes.
There's a certain appeal in it for people of his generation who looked up to the Zero Fighter

2) Oh yeah, in a separate interview, Hayao Miyazaki took a massive shit on seiyuus by saying that he can't stand listening to the speaking style of most seiyuus. He feels like using Anno makes it easier to trust the main character (or something).

2) Oh yeah, in a separate interview, Hayao Miyazaki took a massive shit on seiyuus by saying that he can't stand listening to the speaking style of most seiyuus. He feels like using Anno makes it easier to trust the main character (or something).

I think that's an understandable sentiment, since professional anime voice actors tend to have a very artificial manner of speaking. I appreciate it when a director has the voice actors on his show aim for more natural acting, as in Aku no Hana, so that the characters can seem like real human beings.

Whether going with Anno in this case paid off for Miyazaki, I certainly can't judge as of yet.

School Days - 5

Well things just took a turn for the WHY.

First off, we have our obligatory swimsuit fanservice episode, where it appears that Katsura seems to have taken a liking to Makoto. How sweet! It's just too bad that
Makoto has now fallen in love with Sekai! Dammit you witch! You can't weasel your way out of this Sekai, you should have told him how you really felt about him from the start or else you wouldn't be in this mess!

Oh no. Don't tell me... Oh, yep. They are. Good lord, this is insane. If I wasn't that invested in this show before, I am now.
Here's hoping that Katsura ends up falling in love with a nicer man by the end of this.

Jarmel

Banned
School Days - 5

Well things just took a turn for the WHY.

First off, we have our obligatory swimsuit fanservice episode, where it appears that Katsura seems to have taken a liking to Makoto. How sweet! It's just too bad that
Makoto has now fallen in love with Sekai! Dammit you witch! You can't weasel your way out of this Sekai, you should have told him how you really felt about him from the start or else you wouldn't be in this mess!

Oh no. Don't tell me... Oh, yep. They are. Good lord, this is insane. If I wasn't that invested in this show before, I am now.
Here's hoping that Katsura ends up falling in love with a nicer man by the end of this.

Makoto lays down dat pipe nice and good.

zeroshiki

I think that's an understandable sentiment, since professional anime voice actors tend to have a very artificial manner of speaking. I appreciate it when a director has the voice actors on his show aim for more natural acting, as in Aku no Hana, so that the characters can seem like real human beings.

Whether going with Anno in this case paid off for Miyazaki, I certainly can't judge as of yet.

Miyazaki is well known for never using seiyuus for his mains. His child characters especially are played by actual children with very little seiyuu training.

Miyazaki is well known for never using seiyuus for his mains. His child characters especially are played by actual children with very little seiyuu training.

And that has certainly been a successful choice for him. In general, if you're making a movie for a mainstream audience, it makes sense to use voice actors outside of those who work only in the anime industry.

jgminto

Not to mention some of the names of the episodes are funny in themselves. I remember one title was so long that it barely fit on the screen. The episode title was "Stress Can Lead To Baldness But If You Try Not To Be Stressed Then That Will Make You Stressed, So There's Nothing You Can Do." One of my favorite anime, there's a reason my name includes Gintoki.
Yeah Gintama is great. Need to get back into it.
Though I have to point out that this show is really ugly. The pointless lens flare everywhere is also just obnoxious. I know Silver Link isn't known for making lookers but come on guys!

Really? I like the style of lighting and colouring. Think it looks cool and interesting.

Oofuri Summer Episode 1
tumblr_mq26wb9IQf1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Did they put more budget to the visuals or something, for the characters, locations, and just movements, look enhanced from season one even. Its really nice. Am a bit sad at the start that its a summer tournament yet only 13 episodes, I hope we get a nice mix of games and such (though I like the other season how it did so many episodes for one game, it was so intense).

Tajima feels like he is second or even third main character now, so many lines and such a large focus. The others such as Izumi, Mizutani, and Hamada also feel more important.

Good start and am hyped for whatever games happen.

CorvoSol

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Lagann Hen

Basically the most amazingly fucking awesome final showdown between two super robots/Gods since GaoGaiGar Final's final episode. The God of Mecha, as per His Holy Mysterium, follows this glorious treat, having blessed me at last with the capacity to like Nia a lot, by
again catching Nia up to Mecha Heaven and leaving Simon and Yoko single at the end.

Which sort of bugs me, because I am definitely a "Happy Endings are Best" kind of guy, but I also appreciate the series a lot more this time around, and also I get that part of the message is that things work out in spite of the losses. Which is what Simon's final speech is sort of about:
If he brought back the dead, it would be wrong.
Which means I sort of have to disagree with Yoko:
Simon kinda sorta was God at the end.

Also, SUPER GOD MECHS FOR EVERYONE!!!!
Yoko and Nia included.
Tengen Toppa Enkiduglu or whatever was the best, but Tengen Toppa Lazengann was also pretty awesome, as well as
TT W Yoko Tank.

I still think Yoko at least hooks up with someone again.
Screw y'all and yo kiss o' death.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gifuu Doudou!!: Kanetsugu to Keiji Episode 3: This continues to be the blandest show on my watch list. It does make me want to know more about the Sengoku Basara era of Japanese history though.

zeroshiki

Guren Lagann's final form not being an actual final form and just being an attack in SRWZ2-2 is bullshit. I wanted to see a 3L Guren Lagann stepping on FLAGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom