• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grimoire Heralds of the Winged Exemplar, a game in development for 20 years, releases

Also, the fact that he has plenty of "assert" in his code (which results in crashes to desktop), rather than catching exceptions and having the usual error handling through innocuous messages.

I think he is an autodidact and must have learnt everything by himself.

Asserts are normal in development builds but shouldn't be used for the same purpose as exceptions.
An assert merely states something that isn't possible under normal function of the program and is used to pick up bugs in testing. There shouldn't be any asserts in production code since they should either be unnecessary (and removed) or replaced with proper exception handling where necessary. Though this guy isn't the only person I know who sometimes treats asserts as easy to write exceptions.

Also, the fact that he has plenty of "assert" in his code (which results in crashes to desktop), rather than catching exceptions and having the usual error handling through innocuous messages.

I think he is an autodidact and must have learnt everything by himself.

Who knows. He was apparently pretty skilled though, at least at the time that he was employed by Sir-Tech for Stones of Arnhem (a Wizardry spin-off that was never released.) Sir-tech was funding the development of the game in Australia but they were fed up with the lack of progress as there was a lot of artwork and graphical work but very little in terms of an actual game. Sir-Tech was ready to pull the plug when the developers of the australian development house told Robert Sirotek that they had found a 'crackerjack coder' that could save the project. That crackerjack coder was Cleveland Mark Blakemore. Cleve did manage to produce a workable prototype of the game in time for CES but after a series of discussions between Cleve and Sirotek the game was cancelled. Here's an interview of Robert Sirotek talkijg about the game and Cleve.

https://youtu.be/HS2GCyI9v7w

Wok

Wow, this guy, Robert Sirotek, is rough.

Hzhp55L.png
Xt245Z7.png

NCPzvUo.png
EMufcqJ.png

NewGame

Banned
20 years ago was 1997...

rNjS93D.png

Even if it had a 2 year development cycle. Do people still play first person CRPGs? Because I've tried to go back to them and they really struggle to hold up.

KainXVIII

20 years ago was 1997...

rNjS93D.png

Even if it had a 2 year development cycle. Do people still play first person CRPGs? Because I've tried to go back to them and they really struggle to hold up.

Its clearly game not for you, but there are dozens of us (insert corresponding gif) that still love this genre (and not like japanese crawlers)

Its clearly game not for you, but there are dozens of us (insert corresponding gif) that still love this genre (and not like japanese crawlers)

I do love this genre. Might and Magic X was pretty sweet, surprisingly, and I still think the older titles like World of Xeen are well playable and just as addictive once you get past the UI issues.

20 years ago was 1997...

rNjS93D.png

Legend of Grimrock 1/2 and Starcrawlers are excellent. Check them out if you haven't

@MUWANdo

Banned
Who knows. He was apparently pretty skilled though, at least at the time that he was employed by Sir-Tech for Stones of Arnhem (a Wizardry spin-off that was never released.) Sir-tech was funding the development of the game in Australia but they were fed up with the lack of progress as there was a lot of artwork and graphical work but very little in terms of an actual game. Sir-Tech was ready to pull the plug when the developers of the australian development house told Robert Sirotek that they had found a 'crackerjack coder' that could save the project. That crackerjack coder was Cleveland Mark Blakemore. Cleve did manage to produce a workable prototype of the game in time for CES but after a series of discussions between Cleve and Sirotek the game was cancelled. Here's an interview of Robert Sirotek talkijg about the game and Cleve.

https://youtu.be/HS2GCyI9v7w

Beyond that, there's a character in Jagged Alliance 2 that's a very direct parody of Cleve:

http://jaggedalliance.wikia.com/wiki/Calvin_Barkmore

While I want to try this, this guy is...I mean, here, he posts that he believes that Stephen Hawking died and has been replaced with a double that works as a government shill...

http://vault-co.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/rofl-fake-hawkings-gibberish.html

Guy is off his rocker.

I'm basically in the same place as you on this. I love DRPGs and this looks awesome. Well, the art and screenshots look great. But the dude seems like such a nutter. I don't even think the asking price is even that crazy.

GAF, is this Cleve guy really a mentally disturbed conspiracy theorist white supremacist? It's mostly the racism thing that would set me off...the conspiracy theory stuff, well...ehhhh I'm kinda hoping he's maybe a harmless crackpot that made a great game.

@MUWANdo

Banned
GAF, is this Cleve guy really a mentally disturbed conspiracy theorist white supremacist? It's mostly the racism thing that would set me off...the conspiracy theory stuff, well...ehhhh I'm kinda hoping he's maybe a harmless crackpot that made a great game.

There's a degree of self-awareness to everything he writes but he's been so consistently deranged for so long that there's no way his stated beliefs aren't sincere.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
aside from the racist and conspiracy things you guys report i find this guys take on communication regarding his game really refreshing.
more devs should do this.

I got this game, mostly as a piece of weird internet history, and because what I saw online of it made me curious. Also out of some amount of worry that eventually its creator will decide to remove it from all distribution platforms for one reason or another, saying it was only ever meant to be a limited exclusive to True Believers or something.

Various issues and weirdness:

I don't know why he thought it was a good idea to loop sound effects during combat. I know Wizardry did some of that too, but it was more subtle/less annoying. Really don't want to hear the bandits yell "aye-dee-dee-die-derolllll" for the hundredth time. If you want to see what I mean go to half an hour in on this video (not mine).

Adjusting the volume appears to modify your actual Windows main volume, which has got to be some kind of primary software design sin. It also won't remember what it was set to last time the game was launched, so you have to fiddle with it every time if you don't want it to be ear-splitting.

The whole game hitches every time the MIDI music loops. Total freeze of maybe 3-8 frames. I remember this was a problem with early versions of Game Maker, which was why I avoided learning and developing on that platform, since at the time the only option for music was MIDI. Makes me wonder if this game was made with Game Maker circa year 2000.

The game seems to want to empty your entire keyboard input buffer no matter what. If you hold down A or D for a second or two, you'll be spinning in place for a REALLY long time.

When prompted to type, all letters are capitalized, and if you don't remember this and hold shift to capitalize, various letters are skipped entirely. Even when typing someone's proper name, which was represented in text with capitals and lowercase, you need to type it all lowercase (which is then automatically uppercase).

Lots of bizarre little quirks of the engine. If you tab out and do something else and go back, your mouse pointer remains drawn where it was when you tabbed out, and it's not even necessarily cleared when something else is drawn over it, graphic still there when the pop-up closes. And I've constantly got the wrong pointer showing up, hit F5 to get to the save menu and the mouse pointer is stuck as a navigational "back" arrow, and I have to click with the tip of the back of the arrow. That's one thing that I can't believe was deemed acceptable to be left in the release of a game in progress for 20 years. It happens constantly and is a big annoyance until you learn what part of the modified pointer you can click with. I guess it's something you get so used to as normal slightly buggy behavior that you learn to ignore it and forget that first time players are going to struggle.

The interface is impenetrable at first, but you eventually figure out how the game wants you to click on things...can't click the magnifying glass and then the item, you have to pick up the item and then click on the magnifying glass to see stats. But if you want a visual description of an item you need to drag it to the eyeball icon instead.

Every character has a "food" meter but food is not implemented. Apparently it's an old system he thought about including but (wisely) decided against, but kept the meter in to re-use for something else down the line. Just sitting there on the interface not doing anything right now.

There's a lot of behavior that I feel like can't possibly have been intended. Right at the start in the sanctuary is a training computer that can train any of your characters in one of 3 skills, some of which are unique and can't be started out with. I expected this to be a one-time thing, choose the skill and character wisely, but all of your characters can do this over and over again and get to 12 in each skill, and there appears to be no downside to doing this.

Also if you have a bard, you can also get in a fight with one enemy, have your bard "fight" using his starting instrument, and have everyone else hide. Repeat for as long as you like to have the enemy locked in sleep and everyone else training stealth. At the very start of the game you can easily get everyone maxed to level 100 stealth and your bard maxed with 100 music.

And then there's the Little Rosy character you can recruit at the beginning of the game that starts at level 2 with high stats and 30-60 in ALL SKILLS when your own characters are scraping by with 5-10 in a handful of them. She joins you happily and willingly and she's basically a god-tank even though she's a little fairy caster. I can't imagine handing players a character like that and considering the early game balanced.

In spite of all this...the game is pretty good. It's extremely Wizardry 6/7 in so many ways. Down to details like choosing a spell's power by clicking on a die. Or the bard being crazy OP early on with their infinite sleep ability. The writing is good, and has that Wizardry style mix of serious fantasy and absurdity. Lockpicking riddles are great. Atmosphere is nice, bits and pieces of lore all over to discover. There aren't long expanses of nothing, from what I've seen so far, it's pretty packed of stuff to discover.

Cleve apologized. Unbelievable.

I don't believe that last bit at all. Things have been broken several times already and I'd hate to get 300 hours into a 600 hour game only to have my saves broken or corrupted. I mean in its earliest updates, he went to fix several minor issues and ended up causing encounters to happen every single step, and then patched that so they happened practically never. If I keep playing I'm probably going to be sticking with version 1.2.0.5, warts and all (the "no encounters" release, but you can still trigger them any time by resting).

Does Little Rosy ever leave the party ?

Suikoden sometimes gives you hilariously broken character for the prologue who leave for plot reasons when things really start (V in particular has you spend a very noticeable chunk of the game accompanied by at least one character who can murder anything that looks at you funny (there's something like 4 different characters who play this role), and it's more notable when you don't until the game actually really starts).

Does Little Rosy ever leave the party ?

Suikoden sometimes gives you hilariously broken character for the prologue who leave for plot reasons when things really start (V in particular has you spend a very noticeable chunk of the game accompanied by at least one character who can murder anything that looks at you funny (there's something like 4 different characters who play this role), and it's more notable when you don't until the game actually really starts).

Yeah I guess I don't know. No one has said anything about that, but Cleve also keeps saying that nobody has even scratched the surface of the game yet. I think he said it'd be like claiming you've explored America when you've been inside one small shed in Idaho? So maybe she'll leave once you figuratively get to Wyoming.

Some characters offer to join the party but make it explicit that they will only join long enough to complete their quest. She has no associated quest, though.

Cleve apologized. Unbelievable.

That's surprising, and not just the apology part, considering that part of one of the recent delays involved Cleve implementing versioned saves specifically to avoid that situation:
Bloodshot eyeballs inflamed to 8x normal size, mucus from nose pooling on floor around chair, been doing 20 hour days with nothing but expired beef jerky to keep me from starving to death. My wife has brought a bedpan into my study and placed it under my chair like that episode of South Park so I no longer have to break to go to the bathroom.

Almost ... there ... just need to test that last issue number #10209373739829 to make sure it is still fixed after changing item #0928434923098 to match up with issue #9042353290215.

Game looks so utterly beautiful that tears are mixing with the mascara as they run down my cheeks. I ... never ... dreamed ... my game would finally look this good.

Will be working all day to complete, as soon as I have verified remaining areas that underwent some editing I will begin building deployment packages.

One last minute change I am introducing is versioning for the savegames and side-by-side execution of updates so any future patches of Grimoire will NOT break any savegames out there. Obviously nobody wants to start their 600 hours of play over just because I added romancing and bread baking interfaces. So once saved your savegame will be legal until you complete that game. You may not see new additions to the map but your current game will always be completable after you have started it.

Sorry but I am just one guy and normally during this crunch time on any software project you have more than one person to help you when the going gets tough. It's all on me and it only gets fixed because I fix it, I can't delegate that bug to a team member.

Almost there. Game is looking ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE. As soon as it is ready will post deployable package to Steam for approval.

This update from July 7th is, however, no longer listed. It seems to have disappeared from the store and the old link is broken:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/650670/announcements/detail/1430306874646967361

Wok

Ucchedavāda;245601484 said:
That's surprising, and not just the apology part, considering that part of one of the recent delays involved Cleve implementing versioned saves specifically to avoid that situation:

This update from July 7th is, however, no longer listed. It seems to have disappeared from the store and the old link is broken:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/650670/announcements/detail/1430306874646967361

lol

I remember that announcement. The fact that it was deleted is funny.

So I was searching for Let's Play of this game to check it out some more. I found this guy, The Weary Adventurer. I can't comment anything on his reputation, etc, having only just discovered him. However I found it interesting that has has posted any number of highly negative videos against the game / dev prior to the game being released (saying he is not a fan would seem to be underselling it).

Now that it is actually came out, he promised a let's play of it. The first episode starts off with him not seeming to take it too seriously, I wouldn't say he want's to hate it, but more like he is expecting to.

Fast forward to the latest episode (8), and he is actually reporting he is enjoying it quite a bit, he likes the characters, he's getting into the the world, and he is enjoying not so much the obtuseness of the game, but the fact that there seems to be a community coming together to figure out the game together. I thought it was pretty interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mku3Lb83uHs&list=PLc0HqT4NkLiPHnGt6Ct9V8mJXJwdgKEBu

Yeah he was pretty hostile towards the developer and for good reason. Now that the game is out he gave it a fair shake and as quite a few others have discovered, he found out that the game is good.

I'd say that the biggest advantage of Grimoire is its world. Every map is brimming with stuff to do, enemies to fight and secrets to discover. A lot of the game's lore is fascinating and most puzzles and riddles are very cool. I've played very little of it because I'm waiting for a few more patches but I'll say this: if the rest of the game contains the same quality of content and attention to detail as these first few maps then Grimoire's Hyperborea might just be the best game world of the last few years and a serious contender for the best of all time.

mbpm1

Good to hear that 20 years of hard work paid off, at least to some extent. Don't think much of what I've heard of that dev but hard work

Arulan

It might actually turn out to be a good thing that I'm about to move and go on a vacation. When I get back the game should be in a much better state.

Oh, did I mention the game has riddles? I fucking love riddles!

tumblr_mru5vxdeYK1s5656zo1_500.gif

I have been following the game on Twitch quite a bit. I think the farthest anyone has got is the second major area.

I can't forgive the developer for being a certifiable nutjob. And there is a LOT of jank in the game, balance is very off, and some systems are just not in the game right now. Really it's a very, very big early access title.

But this developer
put the golden baby on the opening screen into the game as something that randomly shows up and breaks the fourth wall, talking about how cool the ending is and whatnot.
And there's the Indiegogo pitch video that at one point has the dev say "only a madman would spend this long making a game this big in scope. I AM THAT MADMAN!"

But that said he has a forum on RPG Codex to himself, and there's some very nasty individuals posting your standard lunatic far right stuff there, so *shrug*.

I'm personally waiting for a stable release before dropping money. This game is prime for a good LP series but I don't want to start recording on a doomed version.

Wallach

Neither, to be honest. SJW insanity has now progressed beyond the simple two-party system. It is basically men with their hair dyed blue infected with the rage virus of 28 days later and given free T-shirts with slogan on them by Soros operatives. These men are against everything, they oppose all regimes ... like the ones that encourage you to wait for stoplights to turn green and put the toilet seat up first before you go.

lol what the fuck this guy is a boob

Wok

Ucchedavāda;245688500 said:

It is not as bad as it sounds:

That will change on the very next save you do but this will restore all previous saves that broke and it will break all saves of the last 48 hours. Best I can do, it is easier to restore 90% of existing saves that broke than to try to fix 10% of the saves in the last two days. I have a versioning system now that will recognize the differences and do a much better job in the future. I guess in the past it was so common for me to delete old savegames I didn't consider it. Now that I realize others are building on existing savegames I will never tamper with any data that could break them again. So the coming update will have all prior fixes plus restore all savegames and the only people who may have to restart will be players who saved in the last 48 hours. Sorry about that.

I don't understand why Cleve does not just provide a save converter. People who know that they have an old save would just convert it, there is no need for the program to tell saves apart.

Edit: Okay, time is limited.

If there were any reliable way to tell the difference between a 1.2.0.7 save and a 1.2.0.5 save I'd do it, but there isn't, really. It was more important to restore all existing saves. Sorry about that but my time is limited. I can't spend a week on a super import utility. I am going to take great pains in future to avoid breaking savegames no matter what. I have to get to work and finish the first version of the manual. Again, I am sorry but the truth is I was rushing so much which is why I made the mistake. I am going to take my time testing updates from now on.

It is not as bad as it sounds:
Ah, yeah, I should have clarified that him fixing the "savegame error" meant restoring old save-games.

I don't understand why Cleve does not just provide a save converter. People who know that they have an old save would just convert it, there is no need for the program to tell saves apart.

He posted in another thread that he is too busy to do so, but also that he is "going to take [his] time testing updates from now on".

I'm really curious how he feels about all this post-launch process he's going through. Most of his interactions seem to focus on updates and fixes, and they seem actually human without too much bravado, not an attitude of "my game's perfect, all you masses clamoring for this or that fix just DON'T UNDERSTAND the greatness." He's apologizing a lot. There was at least one post where he asked another user for their input on what might be a better system in-game and it seemed genuine.

I think in spite of his personality and attitude, this is still his magnum opus, his baby, and he wants to make it perfect for the people trying to enjoy it.

I got this game, mostly as a piece of weird internet history, and because what I saw online of it made me curious. Also out of some amount of worry that eventually its creator will decide to remove it from all distribution platforms for one reason or another, saying it was only ever meant to be a limited exclusive to True Believers or something.

Various issues and weirdness:

I don't know why he thought it was a good idea to loop sound effects during combat. I know Wizardry did some of that too, but it was more subtle/less annoying. Really don't want to hear the bandits yell "aye-dee-dee-die-derolllll" for the hundredth time. If you want to see what I mean go to half an hour in on this video (not mine).

Adjusting the volume appears to modify your actual Windows main volume, which has got to be some kind of primary software design sin. It also won't remember what it was set to last time the game was launched, so you have to fiddle with it every time if you don't want it to be ear-splitting.

The whole game hitches every time the MIDI music loops. Total freeze of maybe 3-8 frames. I remember this was a problem with early versions of Game Maker, which was why I avoided learning and developing on that platform, since at the time the only option for music was MIDI. Makes me wonder if this game was made with Game Maker circa year 2000.

The game seems to want to empty your entire keyboard input buffer no matter what. If you hold down A or D for a second or two, you'll be spinning in place for a REALLY long time.

When prompted to type, all letters are capitalized, and if you don't remember this and hold shift to capitalize, various letters are skipped entirely. Even when typing someone's proper name, which was represented in text with capitals and lowercase, you need to type it all lowercase (which is then automatically uppercase).

Lots of bizarre little quirks of the engine. If you tab out and do something else and go back, your mouse pointer remains drawn where it was when you tabbed out, and it's not even necessarily cleared when something else is drawn over it, graphic still there when the pop-up closes. And I've constantly got the wrong pointer showing up, hit F5 to get to the save menu and the mouse pointer is stuck as a navigational "back" arrow, and I have to click with the tip of the back of the arrow. That's one thing that I can't believe was deemed acceptable to be left in the release of a game in progress for 20 years. It happens constantly and is a big annoyance until you learn what part of the modified pointer you can click with. I guess it's something you get so used to as normal slightly buggy behavior that you learn to ignore it and forget that first time players are going to struggle.

The interface is impenetrable at first, but you eventually figure out how the game wants you to click on things...can't click the magnifying glass and then the item, you have to pick up the item and then click on the magnifying glass to see stats. But if you want a visual description of an item you need to drag it to the eyeball icon instead.

Every character has a "food" meter but food is not implemented. Apparently it's an old system he thought about including but (wisely) decided against, but kept the meter in to re-use for something else down the line. Just sitting there on the interface not doing anything right now.

There's a lot of behavior that I feel like can't possibly have been intended. Right at the start in the sanctuary is a training computer that can train any of your characters in one of 3 skills, some of which are unique and can't be started out with. I expected this to be a one-time thing, choose the skill and character wisely, but all of your characters can do this over and over again and get to 12 in each skill, and there appears to be no downside to doing this.

Also if you have a bard, you can also get in a fight with one enemy, have your bard "fight" using his starting instrument, and have everyone else hide. Repeat for as long as you like to have the enemy locked in sleep and everyone else training stealth. At the very start of the game you can easily get everyone maxed to level 100 stealth and your bard maxed with 100 music.

And then there's the Little Rosy character you can recruit at the beginning of the game that starts at level 2 with high stats and 30-60 in ALL SKILLS when your own characters are scraping by with 5-10 in a handful of them. She joins you happily and willingly and she's basically a god-tank even though she's a little fairy caster. I can't imagine handing players a character like that and considering the early game balanced.

In spite of all this...the game is pretty good. It's extremely Wizardry 6/7 in so many ways. Down to details like choosing a spell's power by clicking on a die. Or the bard being crazy OP early on with their infinite sleep ability. The writing is good, and has that Wizardry style mix of serious fantasy and absurdity. Lockpicking riddles are great. Atmosphere is nice, bits and pieces of lore all over to discover. There aren't long expanses of nothing, from what I've seen so far, it's pretty packed of stuff to discover.

I don't believe that last bit at all. Things have been broken several times already and I'd hate to get 300 hours into a 600 hour game only to have my saves broken or corrupted. I mean in its earliest updates, he went to fix several minor issues and ended up causing encounters to happen every single step, and then patched that so they happened practically never. If I keep playing I'm probably going to be sticking with version 1.2.0.5, warts and all (the "no encounters" release, but you can still trigger them any time by resting).

Sounds a bit the "Mel Gibson" South Park bit applied to game development:

"Say what you want about Mel Gibson, but the son of a bitch knows story structure."

I'm not inclined to give me money to someone with his reputation, but I was curious how the game turned out. Maybe, if he "changes his mind" and the game goes on sale in the future.

Kyuur

I had a great time with Wizardry 6 last year so I'll probably play this once I'm done with the rest of the trilogy a couple years from now. Maybe the bugs will be ironed out by then too!

I had a great time with Wizardry 6 last year so I'll probably play this once I'm done with the rest of the trilogy a couple years from now. Maybe the bugs will be ironed out by then too!

I've seen quite a few people claim that Grimoire is superior to all Wizardy games so definitely go through 6,7 and 8 before you dive in.

deleted

With all the talk about this game I thought it would be a moderate success with like 10-20k or something.

It's sitting at 2.5k at steamspy atm.

Labadal

With all the talk about this game I thought it would be a moderate success with like 10-20k or something.

It's sitting at 2.5k at steamspy atm.
It's a 2D game in a niche genre, released without any marketing or fanfare. It was never going to light up the charts. He's probably happy with a start of 2.5k copies sold. That's $100.000 and then Steam takes their 30% cut. Still $70.000.

Patison

Fascinating stuff. I was never interested in dungeon crawling genre, but this game's case makes me want to try it out. I'll wait for more patches and manual to come out.

Is that the only game offering insight into legit crazy person's mind? Because I'm 100% sure Cleve's not sane

deleted

2.5k purchases or $ amount?

purchases

It's a 2D game in a niche genre, released without any marketing or fanfare. It was never going to light up the charts. He's probably happy with a start of 2.5k copies sold. That's $100.000 and then Steam takes their 30% cut. Still $70.000.

Sure, but with all that talk about the game, I was somehow expecting for it to have a slightly bigger niche.

70k puts it into perspective though. That's a lot of money if you just life your normal life and don't have to pay anyone.

Skar

As wild as the creator is the game itself looks to be very in depth and of good quality. I've been watching a let's play on and off today and it's piqued my interest. Just gonna wait for the glitches and crashes to be confirmed fixed and give it a go. 40 dollars isn't that much really.

Heh, he just pushed out an update to 1.2.0.8, which is now supposed to work with saves from 1.2.0.5 and earlier...but now the game doesn't open at all for most people. This is because the game is trying to access C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\GRIMOIRE but doesn't actually create the folder if it's not there, so it hangs. Someone reported getting it to work if you manually create the folder yourself.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Heh, he just pushed out an update to 1.2.0.8, which is now supposed to work with saves from 1.2.0.5 and earlier...but now the game doesn't open at all for most people. This is because the game is trying to access C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\GRIMOIRE but doesn't actually create the folder if it's not there, so it hangs. Someone reported getting it to work if you manually create the folder yourself.

Cleve is a real crackerjack programmer dontchaknow.

mbpm1

If only he had a team

On top of not booting, unless you manually create that directory, the game now seemingly resets all locks. This is resulting in people getting stuck inside buildings:
i was in the museum of magic when the 1.2.0.8 patch attacked, and now i cant get out cos the door is locked and i have no keycard anymore. im thinking the added fast scroll buttons deleted whatever item (the keycard) was in those 2 slots. or is there something im missing here? does the keycard disappear once u use it? I payed 500 gold for that thing!

No, all locked doors and chests have "Re-locked" themselves since this patch. I found a chest i had looted before the patch...picked the lock again, and looted it again, which i thought was nice....until i tried to leave the area, which i picked the lock of a door to get in...now the door is locked from the other side, and i cannot pick it from inside the house......the door is shut and will not open, and when i click "pick lock" it says there's nothing to pick...all my saves are from inside this house, now im screwed...please fix this.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/650670/discussions/0/1471967529573105851/?ctp=19#c1471967615862099639

Carcetti

The 'old-timey charm' this game has evaporates in 5 minutes once you boot it up and get to experience the UI. Plus it makes buggy games like Fallout 2 seem like Nintendo productions.

If you want a good game with 20 year plus dev cycle, get Unreal World.

Hedge

purchases

Sure, but with all that talk about the game, I was somehow expecting for it to have a slightly bigger niche.

70k puts it into perspective though. That's a lot of money if you just life your normal life and don't have to pay anyone.

70k for 20 years work, no?

Top Bottom