• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita wallpaper thread | Customizing dat OLED screen

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
KrEKV.png

More to come.

This style but with a different Metal Gear on each page would be awesome

SToRM

There, now people should be able to save them on the Vita

Nice, you've changed my originals ones already :)
I was also thinking about different colors and/or adding thin black lines around the letters so they are visible on more types of backgrounds.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I really hate how the screen blinks black when switching from custom wallpapers. Super annoying and detracts from the smoothness of the system.

Also, I can't download any of those sweet Zelda wallpapers using my vita. It tells me they aren't supported to download.

Binabik15

Has anybody made a multipage God of War image? The red+white contrast is lovely.

Otherwise I want a super colourful image series. Too bad I'm not reading any manga or watching anime stuff, there's lots of those things around.

Z3M0G

I ripped it from the Japan BBS site a while back, and was using it for part of a live wallpaper on my phone. :p

Here you go!

I can change the colors too if you wanted.

Would be something to see that with transparencies... so that the color would change on its own. :D

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Here is one more I did for the Unzip screen.. I placed a transparent fade over the date and time so it's easier to see while still allowing the background to be seen.

I also added one without the zip for those who dont want that.

Windwalker%2BUnzip.jpg

Windwalker.jpg

Ikkarus

This is a bit of a long shot but I don't suppose anyone has this image from the Valkyria Chronicles art book do they re-sized for the Vita (minus it being cut off)?

18348-620x-123123123123.jpg

RedBoot

Here's some stuff I whipped up real quick: transparent shots of each of Persona 4's characters. I tried to keep them all to the right, but some of the source images weren't having that (Yukiko).

I like to try and match the background colors to the characters.

4LnEK.jpg

MCD

These Persona 4 wallpapers with custom colors are perfect but the edges are all jaggy.

Any way to fix it?

These Persona 4 wallpapers with custom colors are perfect but the edges are all jaggy.

Any way to fix it?

I've been having some problems with that when creating transparent backgrounds. Maybe Shop-GAF can elaborate...

But I noticed you can try mixing up the background colors with the image to get rid of them. For example a darkpurple background for the Batman one and a lightblue or lightbrown for the SotC one I made. They seem to blend well.

Binabik15

QU2tE.jpg

This is my start screen. I didn't resize it or anything, just selected it and it was scaled perfectly onto the screen.

Wallpaper decision is haaard, though. Maybe I'll make a joke wallpaper set, using several funny Spongebob pictures on a bright backdrop.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
QU2tE.jpg

This is my start screen. I didn't resize it or anything, just selected it and it was scaled perfectly onto the screen.

Wallpaper decision is haaard, though. Maybe I'll make a joke wallpaper set, using several funny Spongebob pictures on a bright backdrop.

Proper resolution, non stretched/squashed version I just made.

ksimm

Also:

pataponwallpaper.png

The second and third image could be splitted to have a character (or a couple) in each page, for example

Whilst not the same as the one posted, I did this one.

patapon.png

Also here is a Gravity Daze cutout, I had to recolour as the original had a very green hue, so painted over. Hope it looks ok.

gdazecut2.png

ksimm

Here's an LBP lock screen I've just made. I used tape instead of zips, oh and a fitting handle with care sticker. :]

lbp.jpg

Binabik15

Proper resolution, non stretched/squashed version I just made.

Cool, thanks.

Looks like the Vita didn't scale it but cut it down as well, the angels head and the space under Batman's feet is missing on my startup screen just as it is in your version.

Top Bottom