• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First placeholder price for Nintendo Switch - $329CAD (~$245 USD)

meddow

Here's a quick reminder of what you ordered:
Preorder 1 of 1

Items Qty Price Total
Nintendo Switch Nintendo Switch
(Nintendo Switch)

Sold and Fulfilled by GAME.co.uk
New 1 £999.99

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
If I'm Canadian, I would jump at this price. If they raise it, you're locked in, if they drop it, you can always cancel or they will drop it down to keep the pace.
If TRU let me make a preorder right now I would.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
$250 wouldn't surprise me at all, and I'd consider it at that price. Would depend on launch games and what's announced beyond that.

250 is way too much. I hope that's not what they are thinking of releasing it at.

It definitely feels close to the upper end of what they could successfully launch at. I think $200 would be the sweet spot but I doubt they will hit that kind of pricing.

Discusguy

$250 for the switch, dock and Joy con grips sounds too generous for Nintendo to price as is.

$250 I'm just expecting the switch with no dock. That will force me to just play the waiting game and eventually end up skipping the system entirely.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
$250 for the switch, dock and Joy con grips sounds too generous for Nintendo to price as is.

$250 I'm just expecting the switch with no dock. That will force me to just play the waiting game and eventually end up skipping the system entirely.

They already announced it won't even be available without the dock. And not providing it would not impact the price that much, it's a glorified charger.

Davey Cakes

I suspect that we're gonna see insane WiiU Black Friday sales so Nintendo can blow out the rest of their inventory. I'm talking $100 bundle systems.
I don't think we'll see anything for $100 but $200? Maybe. Or $250 and along the lines of the Splatoon bundle.

Nintendo still isn't willing to lose money on the Wii U even though it's a dead system. The thing has been hamstrung this entire time by its tech. It will never not be overpriced. But Nintendo would rather make the money per unit sold than drop the sucker to something bargain-bin level.

I can't wait until the Switch generation. I feel like Nintendo will finally be able to wash themselves of that anchor that is the Wii U. I mean, I love the Wii U in terms of the games provided by Nintendo but as an overall system it just needs to fucking go. A more mainstream device needs to happen for Nintendo and Switch could be the answer. At the right price and with the right library it could easily even skirt the line between niche and mainstream and be a much better overall product than the Wii U.

My dream is that the Switch is a popular system with Nintendo games and middle-ground games. If it's viable in that sense, it'd be a fucking beast of an alternative console.

PetrCobra

First? This has been on a local retailer's website since the day Switch was revealed. According to Google, that's 318.84 USD, or 263.49 USD without VAT. Still just a placeholder.

1630185_84185736f440fdb48a6a.png

Koyuga

I bet it will be even cheaper than this, but it's great to know it won't be more expensive. That's still too much though, we need $220 tops.

What about this product makes people think $250 is too much? It's the beefiest handheld ever made with all kinds of interchangable parts, plus the docking station. $250 would be a steal.

Top Bottom