• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Damn, that episode of Ex-Aid was surprisingly good. Also TWO INSERTS, and the new one was really neat.

The biggest takeaway from this episode is that I really want a skate-themed Rider now because JuJu Burger was pretty neat to watch.

vareon

Genis' "secret" doesn't really matter since the show didn't set it up, but it was funny (in a way) that the final boss was actually a gajillion of mooks forming into one?

The world combining was also a bit sudden, and all the talk about living together, while a very nice and relevant theme overall, didn't feel so impactful because they never really showed us much about interaction between Human and Zyuman and the potential conflicts.

Overall, though, IMO it's a strong season. Much better than Ninninger which I didn't finish, and I enjoyed it more than ToQger, which had a great theme and villains but so-so heroes.

Hoping Kyuranger would shake things up. Maybe even Go-busters level shakeup.

vareon

Sorry for DP, but new spoilers for Ex-Aid:

Kamen Rider Poppi for those who waited for female riders
Kamen Rider Chronos(?) using the Kamen Rider Chronicle gashat
Ex-aid's muteki form looks like an SD Gundam lol

Frumix

Suffering From Success

Rest in pieces papipupepo

Tiu Neo

Also,
Poppi Rider uses the same belt as Chronos, which is a second version of Dan's belt. Interensting?

So will Poppy be the Rider? Or the new girl whose name I don't remember?

Chronos looks interesting, if not a bit too green.

Slayven

Genis secret is a great idea they did nothing with. I mean in hindsight it makes sense, him thinking everyone was was lower then him, and him getting pissed when Azald wanted to be equals.

Muteki is hideous, like Ghost before him. Para-DX's upgrade looks tight. I assume Chronos is Dan's final form? Happy to see Poppy get a Rider form.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ex-Aid 17

Burgmon was too good for this world! Looks like Kuroto is losing it.

Yeah, it sounds like Juju Burger was just meant for this episode, hence they barely did anything with the power-up. Reminds me of the Condiment King from Batman: TAS.

Tiu Neo

Ex-Aid 17

Another week without the opening. Good because the episodes have a lot of things, and I don't really like the OP, lol. However, that insert song was pretty cool.

Huh, good ideas for an episode. Must've been a pain to translate the weird jokes too, lol, Excite is doing a good job. I like this trend of friendly monsters,
why did Burgermon have to die? :( (ok, plot reasons)
Also, new toys! Weak toys, but eh. Even the reason to create a new weak power up was kinda funny.

This episode makes game development look so easy, lol.

Aaaaand... In Ex-Aid, if the first episode is too silly,
someone will die on the second part
. Ok.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Zyuohger 48

The final episode was pretty cool and I did like the battle against Genis, didn't really care much about his true form as it is revealed far too late into the show to actually mean anything.

I also feel that Zyu land and Earth merging together was an interesting idea but also comes late in the show as there could have easily been more interesting ideas to explore, I also feel that the dark secret of Zyuland were kinda brushed aside.

Overall I enjoyed Zyuohger and I will miss the cast, especially Amu. Still unsure if I want to check out the next season of Super Sentai.

Ex-Aid 17

This episode was weird then it got serous at the end. :|

Though next week episode looks to be pretty sweet.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Cubi living in Ghost and Burgermon dying is the biggest ball-kick in Toku history as far as I'm concerned---I HATED that damn Ganma.

WarRock

I'm mid travel but dropping by quickly just to say: DAMN EX-AID 17 IS SO GOOD. Best Rider episode since Fourze or some shit, beats me.

I didn't post my thoughts on Zyouhger now that's it done, did I? Gonna keep it short and simple.

Pros: Great characterizations of the main sentai, Yamato was a really good red ranger, Micchan had good development, an excellent run of episodes towards the finale, the Gokaiger crossover episodes were fan service done right, the opening and ending themes would get stuck in my head the entire day whenever I watched an episode.

Cons: The overarching plot was undercooked as were the villains, and the pacing wasn't as tight as it could have been. Some unanswered questions too regarding the lore around Zyuland, but there is that V Cinema coming, so maybe some things will be answered there. Oh, and not enough Bud/Bard/Zyuoh Bird screentime for my liking.

Good show, I'm glad I watched it as it aired.

oberjin

Neo Member
Just a random thought : the word gashat sound a lot like the french word gachette, which mean trigger, like in gun trigger, and the gashat look a lot like a trigger ...

Tiu Neo

Good news! Kyuranger's 11th member
has a scarf! Finally, the glorious return of the scarf on Sentai!
Bad news!
He's a kid. When he transforms, he has two forms - Ursa Minor is kid form, Major is adult form.

javadoze

Good news! Kyuranger's 11th member
has a scarf! Finally, the glorious return of the scarf on Sentai!
Bad news!
He's a kid. When he transforms, he has two forms - Ursa Minor is kid form, Major is adult form.

Wait, so this means we have 12 members now?

The Kyurangers are either going to look very weak when up against a single monster or curbstomp everything.

EDIT: I just remembered there was only 9 initially. I'm dumb.

Tiu Neo

Wait, so this means we have 12 members now?

The Kyurangers are either going to look very weak when up against a single monster or curbstomp everything.

Well, 11 members, but two have extra forms.

Cyan has Ursa Major and Minor forms, and Red will get a Pegasus Armor.

Maybe they'll divide the team, like this half will do a mission, or maybe this part of the team will go to that planet? That or the enemy army could be big, maybe with more than one MOTW?

Dunno, I'm curious to see how they'll do that.

I'm wondering if a child team of Sentai could work, maybe with an adult team to reflect them.

Whoever was suit acting for the kid ToQgers in that movie did well.

WillyFive

It's a cool idea, but I'm a bit ehhh with kid actors. Well, wait and see, I guess.

I'm wondering if a child team of Sentai could work, maybe with an adult team to reflect them.

Whoever was suit acting for the kid ToQgers in that movie did well.

ToQger should have been done entirely with child actors; the script and premise was made for this in mind and they ruined it by having grown men and women awkwardly act and speak like children.

Tiu Neo

ToQger should have been done entirely with child actors; the script and premise was made for this in mind and they ruined it by having grown men and women awkwardly act and speak like children.

Yeah, true.

The problem is that when I think of child actors in sentai, what I remember is Zyuranger and, of course, Dairanger.

But there are some good examples of kids in sentai too, like Abaranger and even Ohranger so... wait and see.

Is this the right place to appreciate Ultraman Orb? It's the very first series of its kind I'm watching (regarding kinda similar things: never saw a single episode of Power Rangers or any of that stuff).

It's so bonkers! Funny, dramatic, life-affirming and just very charming. I love every character.

Also there definitely some Doctor Who going on with Gai who basically is a japanese David Tennant. I can't be the only one who feels that way, haha.

Tiu Neo

Is this the right place to appreciate Ultraman Orb? It's the very first series of its kind I'm watching (regarding kinda similar things: never saw a single episode of Power Rangers or any of that stuff).

It's so bonkers! Funny, dramatic, life-affirming and just very charming. I love every character.

Also there definitely some Doctor Who going on with Gai who basically is a japanese David Tennant. I can't be the only one who feels that way, haha.

You can use the new thread for that. I think most people won't read this one.

(Btw, yeah, Orb was fantastic)

Pluto

Hi tokugaf, anyone still here? With the current thread unavailable at the moment I thought I'd bump this one.

I'm planning to watch Goggle Five soon, it's supposed to be quite good I've heard.

Top Bottom