• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Playstation: First Party Studios & their Current Projects

Shin-Ra

Monkey King: Hero Is Back Co-Developed by Sony Japan Studio Confirmed for Western Release on PS4
http://www.dualshockers.com/monkey-king-hero-back-confirmed-western-release-ps4/

New?
The game is an AAA-level production co-developed by Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Studio and Chinese developer Hexa Drive, with Oasis Games acting as the publisher worldwide. At the moment, there is no release window.
Pretty sure HEXADRIVE only have offices in Osaka and Tokyo, their Monkey King Hero jobs page mentioned working in the Tokyo office too.

farisr

I'm slowly trying to get myself used to VR in anticipation of Dreams.

Not about motion sickness, thankfully I'm fine on that end.

But more about how quickly I can set it up and get it going. That has been my biggest barrier to playing in VR. Feels like too much of a hassle sometimes.

Pretty sure HEXADRIVE only have offices in Osaka and Tokyo, their Monkey King Hero jobs page mentioned working in the Tokyo office too.

Wait, so it's being developed entirely in Japan and despite Sony co-developing it, they aren't publishing it? Sounds like a weird arrangement.

FelipeMGM

And in the press release Oasis Games said SIEJA is co-developing, and that doesnt necessarily mean Japan Studio staff is working on it too like Dualshockers article mentions it

this is all still unclear from a bunch of angles

Shin-Ra

Here's the two most interesting deals for the UK, on opposite ends of the price spectrum.

£22.85 — SimplyGames are the cheapest I've found.

£29.99 — Game have no discount on the RRP but include a Knackboy keyring!

Knackboy.jpg
There's also a Blue Knackboy keyring! £27.99 on 365games.co.uk

GTS bundle looks so good...unfortunately I don't need one and don't know anyone to gift it too so...meh looking forward to the game though.

That XB1X thread is funny though, hype really seems to have died down and ironically so many arguments were made about how Sony was rushing (I remember Colin from kinda funny getting into heated debates on it) and MS we're doing the mid-gen refresh right etc...

Turns out XB1X is Pro one year later lol...And doesn't seem like it will light the world on fire either.

This late in the gen, hardware becomes less important, it's really all about the experiences now. I think that's really what consumers are responding to.

Skeeter49

Never played the Dark Cloud games, I own them, but hopefully Sony works with Level 5 on a DC3.

GTS bundle looks so good...unfortunately I don't need one and don't know anyone to gift it too so...meh looking forward to the game though.

That XB1X thread is funny though, hype really seems to have died down and ironically so many arguments were made about how Sony was rushing (I remember Colin from kinda funny getting into heated debates on it) and MS we're doing the mid-gen refresh right etc...

Turns out XB1X is Pro one year later lol...And doesn't seem like it will light the world on fire either.

This late in the gen, hardware becomes less important, it's really all about the experiences now. I think that's really what consumers are responding to.
Sony showed them what not to do and they still messed it up. Conference wise it wasn't handled well. It had the advantage of being at E3, but that's it.

Most people hyped themselves up for a new generation console, a lot of people thought this was the Xbox 2, despite Microsoft saying the opposite. They revealed it way too early.

I have a feeling that PSX is going to be release date central. They may even show the full 6 month lineup (first half of the year) in release order (or reverse release).

Skeeter49

I have a feeling that PSX is going to be release date central. They may even show the full 6 month lineup (first half of the year) in release order (or reverse release).
Hopefully the ones that are Q1 gets dated. Q2 they might wait in case of delays.

Hopefully we get 2018 dates for Detroit and Days Gone.

Trevelyan

Banned

I can see that happening. Definitely God of War and Detroit, maybe Spider-Man too. Hoping we get Sucker Punch's game revealed, and maybe Bloodborne 2.

Never played the Dark Cloud games, I own them, but hopefully Sony works with Level 5 on a DC3.

Sony showed them what not to do and they still messed it up. Conference wise it wasn't handled well. It had the advantage of being at E3, but that's it.

Most people hyped themselves up for a new generation console, a lot of people thought this was the Xbox 2, despite Microsoft saying the opposite. They revealed it way too early.
Yup...I think the hype for X1 reveal initially was great fanboy fuel, but it was too early and now that Pro has come, people see the benefits of 4K already, (it's not even a big deal for many) it really doesn't matter that another console that does 4K even better is coming out. I think Sony was right to go small, although the Pro reveal should have been something like a Nintendo direct with Mark Cerny doing interviews and Ice team and not a conference.

Shin-Ra

One month 'til TGS, three weeks maybe for the pre-TGS SIE briefing.

SotCPS4lake.gif

Fingers crossed for an updated look at this colossal beauty.

Since E3 the only change in employment opportunities I noticed on Bluepoint's site are the two QA positions.

RSchmitz

SotCPS4lake.gif

Since E3 the only change in employment opportunities I noticed on Bluepoint's site are the two QA positions.
Hmm, I wonder if SotC is what they meant in that dualshockers interview.

dracula_x

Lot to look forward too still.

TGS In September
PAX September
PGW in October
PSX December

EGX also in September.

Here's the two most interesting deals for the UK, on opposite ends of the price spectrum.

£22.85 — SimplyGames are the cheapest I've found.

£29.99 — Game have no discount on the RRP but include a Knackboy keyring!

Knackboy.jpg

Everybody's Golf also have some nice pre-order bonus on GAME –
http://www.game.co.uk/en/everybody-s-golf-plus-playstation-socks-1718612 (UK only)

Preorder Everybody' Golf to receive the 20th Anniversary Course, Rabbit Mascot Costume, Premium Kart, a unique shirt in two colours PLUS a pack of PlayStation branded socks!

Everybodys-Golf-Widget.jpg

Dabi

SotCPS4lake.gif

I feel this will be a Feb 2018 title. Early Feb 2018.

Guymelef

Fuck.
Seems like PlayStation Spain doesn't know about Everybody's Golf pre-order DLC existence, not a single shop is giving it.
Lots of UK shops are giving it but I don't buy UK Sony games because they don't come with Spanish language...

RSchmitz

well, the SIEE press site says its a ''early 2018'' title
Yeah, Shawn Layden also said something about e3 games all being early 2018 but we have seen so little of it and theres also a lot releasing early next year. I hope they don't rush this one.

Early next year there's already NNK2, Dissidia, Yakuza 6, MLB, God of War, Monster Hunter, RDR2. A lot of games tied to PS.

I just hope they give SotC all the time it needs. It's my second favorite game ever and a masterpiece.

Yeah, Shawn Layden also said something about e3 games all being early 2018 but we have seen so little of it and theres also a lot releasing early next year. I hope they don't rush this one.

Early next year there's already NNK2, Dissidia, Yakuza 6, MLB, God of War, Monster Hunter, RDR2. A lot of games tied to PS.

I just hope they give SotC all the time it needs. It's my second favorite game ever and a masterpiece.

It's a faithful remake of a game we've all played before, they don't really need to show us that much outside of maybe one more trailer at TGS/PGW/PSX. Bluepoint are the GOATs, I can't see them needing to push it back (though I sure hope they've improved Wander's character model).

Layden didn't say those three games would be Early 2018 though, he just said they were scheduled for the first half of 2018. So my guess is an April release for it.

RSchmitz

It's a faithful remake of a game we've all played before, they don't really need to show us that much outside of maybe one more trailer at TGS/PGW/PSX. Bluepoint are the GOATs, I can't see them needing to push it back (though I sure hope they've improved Wander's character model).

Layden didn't say those three games would be Early 2018 though, he just said they were scheduled for the first half of 2018. So my guess is an April release for it.
I think Bluepoint still have to prove themselves with (re)making a game from the ground up. I cheer for them, all their past works were fantastic. Agreed on Wander, I think they even avoided showing him much because they knew he wasn't looking too hot at the time.

Top Bottom