• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orioto art thread - New VG wall every thursday!

Here we go

DIAd2q3XUAEBj_V.jpg:large

What game is this from? really like the color pallete.

Your Doom piece is awesome, works extremely well with the type of art you like to make. Considering doing more retro FPS stuff like Wolfenstein?\

Been a while since I last checked in with life, but how is the limited posters going for you Orioto?

orioto

Good Art™
Wow!

No idea what game, but it's gorgeous!

What game is this from? really like the color pallete.

Your Doom piece is awesome, works extremely well with the type of art you like to make. Considering doing more retro FPS stuff like Wolfenstein?\

Been a while since I last checked in with life, but how is the limited posters going for you Orioto?

Thx guys! Well the thing with the patreon is that i can work on less known games, which means nobody will buy a poster, like nobody bought a poster for doom, or stardew valley (one did actually).

Limited or not it doesn't change that. I'm not sure yet if that helps. Even the Botw poster didnt' do crazy. I think i sold 15. And there is one week left..
Duke Nukem hmmm, lol, at least Doom had some interesting ghotic vibe :p

orioto

Good Art™
Thx! Well yeah few people actually played it. It's a really beautiful game with a weird system. Back when Square was bold and brave!

In other news i can't decide what to do this week, i'll decide this morning. But i want something simple after the last few pieces -__-

Also i continued experimenting with wallpaper engine but not sure there is a demand actually, i'll see. Animated the crash one.

Damn guess I'm gonna have to buy the BotW one. Haven't even got around to framing the Dark Souls one yet haha.

Guess your limited time idea works... ;)

Edit: And ordered.

DKCR time

DIkkXxVWsAASFzs.jpg:large

Links, wallpapers, posters (for one month), patreon for bigger rez.. HERE

Next week, Patreon voted Deus Ex.

Maybe it's me having something for these orange purple tones, but I think your works in these tones are your best.

The one with Yuna from FF X, the SF one, the Bloodborne one...

So pretty! And yes, your twilight scenes are very spectacular. I like the touch of DK's necktie and Diddy's cap being pure red rather than silhouetted like the rest, works so well with the rest of the scene's colors.

orioto

Good Art™
Thx :)
So about the Deus Ex one, i'm working with not a lot there lol, but i picked the first scene, with the statue of liberty and i'm trying to give it more of a scifi vibe than in the game. I mean for New York behind it, even if it's 2052 so.. it's not like 25 years from now NY will have changed that much :p

Hey, OP! Just purchased my 3rd piece from you, the Super Mario World map, and I know exactly where it's going. Thinking about building a new wall for the DK one now haha!

orioto

Good Art™
I'm glad you guys like it, maybe it'll sell a little.

Hey, OP! Just purchased my 3rd piece from you, the Super Mario World map, and I know exactly where it's going. Thinking about building a new wall for the DK one now haha!

Cool :p I'm curious about something, when did you order it exactly ?

orioto

Good Art™
August 27

Nnice perfect, thx!
I wanted to be sure Redbubble wasn't stealing money or something cause sometimes people tell me "I just bought something" and i don't have a trace in the admin.

This week Deus Ex art by the way

DeusExWip01.jpg

It's reallllly not easy to do something with this one..

orioto

Good Art™
This is amazing. I am going to check out your Patreon right now.

Welcome if you pledged :p

So yeah the Deus Ex one turned out super bad lol, i couldn't salvage it!

DJIy9_PXUAEG8nt.jpg:large

Links, poster (One month!), walls etc.. here

I started a new Wind Waker one this week (2 years till the last one!)

Baliis

Welcome if you pledged :p

So yeah the Deus Ex one turned out super bad lol, i couldn't salvage it!

DJIy9_PXUAEG8nt.jpg:large

Links, poster (One month!), walls etc.. here

I started a new Wind Waker one this week (2 years till the last one!)

I almost think it would look better without Denton in it (that's the characters name right? Can't even remember). It might not scream Deus Ex, but it's a pretty cool piece regardless

orioto

Good Art™
Thx guys

I almost think it would look better without Denton in it (that's the characters name right? Can't even remember). It might not scream Deus Ex, but it's a pretty cool piece regardless

Well the thing is the original game has realllly little for him visually lol.

The issue with the Deux Ex piece is that the buildings don't look integrated. Particularly, the ones in the background feel like they should be more washed out / sky colored: as it is, it feels like they're all in the same depth plane. Otherwise the composition is good, but yeah, I like your videogame-y works more.

orioto

Good Art™
The issue with the Deux Ex piece is that the buildings don't look integrated. Particularly, the ones in the background feel like they should be more washed out / sky colored: as it is, it feels like they're all in the same depth plane. Otherwise the composition is good, but yeah, I like your videogame-y works more.

Actually the buildings are not part that bother me, it's more the rest lol. Building are ok with the sky for me.

But anyway, stormy wind waker incoming. Not the best time for an art with storms but i didn't really planned that! It's more about the wind's requiem power anyway

WindWakerStormWIP.jpg

orioto

Good Art™
Was watching the Kinda Funny podcast and noticed that they had your walls rotating in the background, nice.

Indeed, my poster business would have been almost dead those last moth without kinda funny! I can tell cause 60% of my sales are playstation games :p

Wow, it looks like a screenshot of the game. Or rather, it looks like one remembers the game looking like, because it really looked like this:
3-capture_27112007_172439.png

Thanks a lot, very interesting addition. There's not a lot of art of old-school PC / western games.

orioto

Good Art™
Wow, it looks like a screenshot of the game. Or rather, it looks like one remembers the game looking like, because it really looked like this:
3-capture_27112007_172439.png

Thanks a lot, very interesting addition. There's not a lot of art of old-school PC / western games.

That's why it's interesting to have my patrons vote, but i'm worried how much they ask for western games. This one was interesting and i like the result but Deus Ex.. omg what a hell, and the game looks like nothing to begin with..

I'm especially concerned by how my biggest supporters, the patron guys, have a huge difference in taste with me or what i do in general lol.

That's why it's interesting to have my patrons vote, but i'm worried how much they ask for western games. This one was interesting and i like the result but Deus Ex.. omg what a hell, and the game looks like nothing to begin with..

I'm especially concerned by how my biggest supporters, the patron guys, have a huge difference in taste with me or what i do in general lol.

Yeah, I can understand that, and my own tastes line up more with yours. On the other hand, being brought out of one's confort zone is a great way to diversify and expand. They might get you to draw stuff that you would have never done on your own, and that's not necessarily a bad thing... especially if they're paying. :D

orioto

Good Art™
Yeah, I can understand that, and my own tastes line up more with yours. On the other hand, being brought out of one's confort zone is a great way to diversify and expand. They might get you to draw stuff that you would have never done on your own, and that's not necessarily a bad thing... especially if they're paying. :D

Yeah i just don't want to have half of my work being dark with no colors :p

Anyway Bloodborne incoming

Yeah i just don't want to have half of my work being dark with no colors :p

Yeah, fully agreed; your art is most breathtaking when it's vibrant. Hmmm. Next time you get commissioned something like that, let's brainstorm in this thread what scene might be the most visually striking.

As an aside, simply clicking on this thread and scrolling down to the latest post is a sensory feast. You put out amazing work so quickly that I can't keep them all in my mind; I had forgotten about the Wind Waker one and it's so amazing.

Anyway Bloodborne incoming

Oh man, Bloodborne is possibly my favorite game of all time. Looking forward to this! Even if it's another dark, western game...

I'm thinking of modern games I'd love to see your take on and it's all indies. FTL and Spelunky are two of my favorite games of all time; FTL is top-down and I love your top-down pieces, and Spelunky is colorful as hell. Plus both are quite popular games, perhaps good choices to put on the Patreon voting?

Edit: Realized I should really become a patron. I'm living on 400€ / month this year while I make my game, so I can't spare much, but I can at least contribute something. I'll up my pledge once I'm in a more financially stable situation.

orioto

Good Art™
Yeah, fully agreed; your art is most breathtaking when it's vibrant. Hmmm. Next time you get commissioned something like that, let's brainstorm in this thread what scene might be the most visually striking.

As an aside, simply clicking on this thread and scrolling down to the latest post is a sensory feast. You put out amazing work so quickly that I can't keep them all in my mind; I had forgotten about the Wind Waker one and it's so amazing.

Oh man, Bloodborne is possibly my favorite game of all time. Looking forward to this! Even if it's another dark, western game...

I'm thinking of modern games I'd love to see your take on and it's all indies. FTL and Spelunky are two of my favorite games of all time; FTL is top-down and I love your top-down pieces, and Spelunky is colorful as hell. Plus both are quite popular games, perhaps good choices to put on the Patreon voting?

Edit: Realized I should really become a patron. I'm living on 400€ / month this year while I make my game, so I can't spare much, but I can at least contribute something. I'll up my pledge once I'm in a more financially stable situation.

Bloodborne a western game :p ? But it's quiet dark indeed.
And that's great thx a lot for the pledge, but i don't want you to miss a lunch cause of it lol! At least i'll be happy to see a familiar name in my votes and communication with the patrons. You'll make the balance lean a little more on the colorful side! The September vote is tonight actually! Good timing! You'll see it's in two turn (Ha shit i realized it's for 5$ patrons lol.. well.. you can only hope then!)

Bloodborne a western game :p ?

OK, you got me; I meant it having a western aesthetic (Victorian London).

But it's quiet dark indeed.
And that's great thx a lot for the pledge, but i don't want you to miss a lunch cause of it lol! At least i'll be happy to see a familiar name in my votes and communication with the patrons. You'll make the balance lean a little more on the colorful side! The September vote is tonight actually! Good timing! You'll see it's in two turn (Ha shit i realized it's for 5$ patrons lol.. well.. you can only hope then!)

It's OK; I'll be happy to influence future ballots. :) How do those work, do you put up the candidates, or do patrons suggest them?

Top Bottom