• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drawn To Death |OT| NeoJaffe is Back (READ MOD POST)

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Wanna try it this weekend but the art style feels like it's maybe 90% there for me. Like they got a good idea, started to execute and didn't have time to clean it up. I know that's intentional but just watching people play things seem a lil hard to read.

spwolf

first of all, love the art style, rock on.

As to the game, played tutorial and one game, gotta play tutorial... it is very short and even fun and just shows you there are many different weapons and attack choices. Many.

If you just jump in without tutorial you will likely know of 2 attack moves vs other people knowing 10 different ones... so play short tutorial!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Really enjoyed my time with it, freaking wish this was a mouse and keyboard game tho, it's so fast and frantic at times that controller feels limited as hell

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I wish my $10 PS Store code would get sent already so I can nab the GoW skins. It's been 5-6 days, and they can't email one measly code?

Ninjaw seems fine but feel they must be holding back stuff.

Six characters just isn't a lot did they take a page from killer instincts playbook?

I still thing map design could have went more crazy. For example, hitting a jump pad to burst up and out of the notebook to land on the desk. Fight a top a few desks with halo inspired launch boosts etc

I still think different class rooms would have been fun to make some kind of information on the maps. I wish they had expanded on the live footage and had a small story and ai mp characters as well. But seems obvious they couldn't get sp in I guess.

So it's definitely 150 kills to unlock skins for those wondering.

I hope they can add a 4 v 4 mode and expand on map design if the game succeeds

The game is funny. I wished the sound were higher in the game. You need to turn the volume to high level on TV to hear anything. Also Why not allow players to change language in game sttings? The only way to do it is through chaning the console language. This was the same in The Order 1886. Is it a tradition with SSM?

I don't know if the game supports PS4 PRO and in what features.

I'll add some info on that when I know what it is for sure. I'm not expecting a df analysis but maybe someone will do it.

Last time I checked didn't even have reviews.

I did tweet to Jaffe and asked him to join but he isn't always very positive about gaf but I think he can take it as long as he doesn't reply to people that is trolling. But the isn't Jaffe.. So he would likely crash and burn pretty fast.

But I'd like to get more direct info and that's what is a big benefit. Want to know some details on pro and thier plans for characters etc. So, for that... I think it's definitely nice if he and a team member had some interaction to talk about the game.

Jaffe has posted here before but not sure why happened to him.

Typical Jaffe would likely be banned for telling someone off but that's just what I believe. But people have to learn you can read stuff without having to respond to a person's idea that is just thier own at times. So, hope he can make it.

hurzelein

After the tutorial and the first 4 games I really like it. Super attacks seem a bit strong and the constant "Hold x for next text bubble" is a bit annoying, but both are probably only beginner things.

Artstyle and especially gameplay is great. Not sure how deep it is in the sense that I will play it for months, but right now it is exactly what I wanted.

A combat/engage/disengage/reposition/flee/find health packs/try to survive/help your mate focused shooter where you don't die in 2 seconds!

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
By and large, my impressions haven't changed since the Beta that ran months back.

The gameplay is wholly mediocre and the art is garish and unreadable at times. I can't realistically see this taking off.

I feel the complete opposite though... never seen a game taking pencil looking art to this level :). Great job Jaffe and team!

Lifeline

I wish it came out a little later. So busy right now, i can't really give it the time it deserves.

Me and my friends are alternating between Overwatch/BF1/Disc Jam and this. Not to mention all the single player games and the nostalgic replays from the THQ bundle.

Too much, too quickly.

Reave

I think this game can be Sony's Splatoon, if handled right when it comes to new content and modes - like a color the paper kind of mode or something. Great game.

I think this game can be Sony's Splatoon, if handled right when it comes to new content and modes. Great game.
But sooner than later. Adding a 3 v 3 or 4 v 4 this month would likely not happen but it needs something like that to really push it.

I love siege but it really needs a mode that plays a little differently for example.

TheKevn

Love the game, congrats on launching David and the rest of Bartlett Jones!
Any news on matchmaking improvements? it's very rare to get in a 4 player game.

I think the initial look does that. even for people that see a trailer today.

Yeah, I tend to agree. The thing is, I actually think its "edgy" style thing is really well done. I'm the kind of person that can't stand stuff like Borderlands because of its juvenile humour, but it works for me here. I'm not really sure why -- I think I just appreciate the ridiculous commitment to the vision. It goes all in -- I've never quite seen anything like it before to be honest.

The gameplay is obviously the star of the show, though. Haven't tried all of the characters or weapons so not sure on the balance yet, but I'm really enjoying learning the punk rock guy and using the standard assault rifle and JRPG missiles.

Really fun -- I just wrote on Twitter that it's like a Twisted Metal, Quake, and Street Fighter mash-up.

To be honest, though, I knew it would be good: Jaffe knows how to make a damn good multiplayer game and always has.

ThisOne

Add me to the list that feels much better about the game now compared with the beta. The beta completely turned me off to the game but I'm having quite a good time with it now.

Is there any way to party up with friends and play against two other random people?

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
I'm loving the style of the game. I don't usually go for edgy shit but this feels PERFECT.

Like what I've played so far, gameplay wise; Ninjaw's grappling hook is great stuff.

Paragon Pariah

Neo Member
This game has one of the best announcers since MadWorld. I got a good chuckle when
his voice started coming from the controller speaker asking what I was wearing.

Bishop89

This is a thread for the game Drawn to Death, not a thread for political discussion and debate about what the creator thinks
Jesus Christ that other thread...

Anyway,

Game is fun. Jaffe knows how to make fun games
2128715-56486313545.gif

Elixist

they got rid of the textures buggin out like a psone game? i hated that and complained about it in the beta thread, looks way better now.

they got rid of the textures buggin out like a psone game? i hated that and complained about it in the beta thread, looks way better now.

What was that, they have lines that do some jitter pop but other than that not much else in the way of movement, maybe characters have some morph moving to them

I think the game looks fun after watching more videos. It is also great that this project was even greenlit. Props to Jaffe for seeing this through to production.

VirtualCalamity

Neo Member
Way more fun than I though it would be. Having not had internet for a few months and aching to play both Paragon and getting back into The Division, this turned out to be what I spent most of the evening playing. Not really a fan of the art-style though.

gblues

Banned
I got through the tutorial before I deleted it. Misc reactions:

The edgy writing is Borderlands 2 bad.

Holding X to advance the dialogue can fuck right off.

Goddamnit why can't anyone write a proper text writer? It is jarring as fuck when it figures out in the middle of a word that there isn't enough space and jumps the whole word down to the next line. That is amateur hour bullshit.

The "say RELOAD to reload" bit in the tutorial nearly had me nope out right there.

Endo Punk

Would have been pretty funny if the game had live action cutscenes ala Twisted Metal to reflect the story in the trophies lol.

Demoskinos

Lot of fun stuff in the game. Bought both of the limited deals. Figures I get skins for characters I haven't used yet. But oh well did at least get one cool skin for Diabla. She's my favorite right at the moment.

Her speed boost when she gets low health can really help shake pursuers sometimes or let you get to that health pack juuuuust in time. Haven't really gotten the hang of throwing her hat just yet but working on it. Figure I'll go deep with a character and finish all the missions for them.

I'm not sure what this Sphinx thing is but I'm saving up 10 blood keys to find out.

TheKevn

Is it just me or are a lot of the people shitting on the game only by describing what happened in the tutorials? Here and YouTube reviews.

Meaning they haven't tried to play and learn the game. It's so much easier to say a game sucks then go on on your internet high horse being high arts connoisseur that you are.

Is holding X annoying? Yes. Experience breaking? No. All of this my opinion? Absolutely. Why not talk about what's good and bad about the actual gameplay? Which I enjoy, quite a bit. I've been playing Savage and Bronco. Can't get bronco's slide down seems useful though.
End of rant

Goddamnit why can't anyone write a proper text writer? It is jarring as fuck when it figures out in the middle of a word that there isn't enough space and jumps the whole word down to the next line. That is amateur hour bullshit.

The "say RELOAD to reload" bit in the tutorial nearly had me nope out right there.

lmao seriously? Were you having a bad day or something?

Xater

I played two matches after the tutorial and deleted this. It feels awful. I hate it's floatyness and how none if the weapons have good feedback.

Elixist

What was that, they have lines that do some jitter pop but other than that not much else in the way of movement, maybe characters have some morph moving to them

theres still some of that? from the stream i watched it looked way toned down at least, maybe i just couldnt tell on stream.

Daouzin

Glad to hear that people are enjoying it.

Was very curious about this game since it got announced, but the art style and personality of the game is completely unbearable.

I'm gonna give it a shot, but that art style is so unappealing.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

Was very curious about this game since it got announced, but the art style and personality of the game is completely unbearable.

I am not an arena shooter fan, but it is actually the art style that got it on my radar.

Your previous complaints are legitimate but you must lack any sense of humor if you hated that joke. I snorted out loud because I fell for it!

Preach! Between the edgy writing/aesthetics and the extremely unnapealing art style I think this game is just not for me.

I like the art and the humor got some laughs out of me but they DEFINITELY need more variations on the voice lines or that shit will get real old, real fast.

Also as some have already said, more feedback on the weapons would be good. A lot of the time I'm not sure i hit someone until a second or two later.

Top Bottom