• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch accessories (Hori/Officially licensed by Nintendo)

Plum

I'm pretty sure the fact that MacBooks and now iPhones are forced to use dongles is kind of an industry joke.

That comparison is terrible. The Switch only needs an adapter for one quite niche function that only enhances something the console already has. A Macbook needs an adapter to read one of the most widely used flash storage solution around.

Rodin

C11xdHPWIAAYPlw.jpg

C11xWF6W8AUFknM.jpg

1484086093-1573097-apparatuurtassen-hori-premium-screen-protective-filter-clear-nintendo-switch-nsw-032u.jpg

Getting these.

zewone

That comparison is terrible. The Switch only needs an adapter for one quite niche function that only enhances something the console already has. A Macbook needs an adapter to read one of the most widely used flash storage solution around.

I didn't make the comparison to MacBooks, the other poster did.

MDave

Hah, I guess Tekken 7 is a great example for the 2 player Joy-Con feature. Just the right number of buttons on each Joy-Con.

psyfi

Banned
I always love how we clamor over little details like this leading up to big reveals. All we need are some crate pics from the live event show floor.

Plum

I didn't make the comparison to MacBooks, the other poster did.

My argument still stands seeing as you're the one that implied their lack of ethernet is a big factor into them becoming a laughing stock when it really isn't. The comparison was dumb though, I can agree with that.

Baleoce

It's silly, and I don't agree with people defending it, it should absolutely be natively capable of ethernet without the need of a peripheral. I'm going to go ahead and assume it's backwards compatible with the Wii U adapter at the very least. If it's not, well..

PsychBat!

Banned
It's silly, and I don't agree with people defending it, it should absolutely be natively capable of ethernet without the need of a peripheral. I'm going to go ahead and assume it's backwards compatible with the Wii U adapter at the very least. If it's not, well..

I still use my old Wii Ethernet adapter.

PSqueak

Banned
I hope the fight stick means there is at least one [traditiona] fighting game in development for it.

MVC: Infinite maybe? UMVC3 port? Tekken?

Neoxon

Yeah, it definitely sucks, but you can only power so many things from a USB-C port. I mean, there's always Thunderbolt 3, but that's Intel-specific.

Kouriozan

Laura confirmed it works.

Papacheeks

Banned

Wait? The base doesn't have a fucking ethernet port? Or is the adapter part for the tablet part?

thefro

Tekken 7 has been obvious for a while but I think we'll see Arc System Works, Capcom, and WB fighting games as well in the first year.

Air

Banned
I'm pretty sure the fact that MacBooks and now iPhones are forced to use dongles is kind of an industry joke.

How many people buy Ethernet dongles for their MacBook? The point is Nintendo has tried to move away from wires since the GameCube (wavebird). Their consoles aren't laptops or PCs and they generally have kept their products as wireless as possible. There's no reason why they would backtrack on convenience. There's also the fact that if a power user wants it they can buy an adaptor, so the complaining is unnecessary and just for the sake of complaining

Papacheeks

Banned
How many people buy Ethernet dongles for their MacBook? The point is Nintendo has tried to move away from wires since the GameCube (wavebird). Their consoles aren't laptops or PCs and they generally have kept their products as wireless as possible. There's no reason why they would backtrack on convenience. There's also the fact that if a power user wants it they can buy an adaptor, so the complaining is unnecessary and just for the sake of complaining

Does the base come with ethernet port? If not wtf, it's 2017 no excuse what so ever.

Papacheeks

Banned
No Nintendo console has ever come with a built in ethernet port.

I'm out of the loop because my last Nintendo console was the Gamecube, but why?

How is it so hard to understand lan line speeds are more consistent than wireless.

I work in IT and in 2017 this is fucking ludicrous.

Top Bottom