• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 9 |OT| The Largest Cross-Dressing Convention of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shizuka

I have a very particular view for All-Stars seasons. I think it should be composed of contestants that did exceptionally well during their seasons, but for some reason, they didn't get far or win that season.

In that sense, Max, Shea and Courtney Act would be ones I'd pick, while I wouldn't choose Milk or whatever filler queens they're choosing.

I have a very particular view for All-Stars seasons. I think it should be composed of contestants that did exceptionally well during their seasons, but for some reason, they didn't get far or win that season.

In that sense, Max, Shea and Courtney Act would be ones I'd pick, while I wouldn't choose Milk or whatever filler queens they're choosing.
I think you can extend it to performers who also made a significant impact, it is All Stars, not All Runners Up.

So yes to Alyssa Edwards, Ongina, Tammie Brown, and no Penny Trration and Serena Cha-Cha (I hated typing that name!) I think someone like Morgan McMichaels is more questionable than Milk tbh, but I would still like to see both on the show.

Shizuka

I think you can extend it to performers who also made a significant impact, it is All Stars, not All Runners Up.

So yes to Alyssa Edwards, Ongina, Tammie Brown, and no Penny Trration and Serena Cha-Cha (I hated typing that name!) I think someone like Morgan McMichaels is more questionable than Milk tbh, but I would still like to see both on the show.

Of course, but Alyssa and Ongina did well on the show. Tammie Brown sure is entertaining, but Penny Tration and Serena? Meh. Morgan is a big name in drag shows and she did win at least one challenge in her season.

Ratrat

Just listened to Willams interview on the Gasp podcast. I had no idea how much he dislikes the show and Rupaul. Clearly he and Courtney will never do Allstars.

mantidor

So I was reading Reddit and saw them speculating that Willam is visiting Mathu at the hospital and that made me realize not only that Mathu was off the show but that apparently they parted ways with Ru and production in not exactly amiable terms? What is happening over there? Ru is coming off as an awful person with all this rumors :/

Sydle

Just listened to Willams interview on the Gasp podcast. I had no idea how much he dislikes the show and Rupaul. Clearly he and Courtney will never do Allstars.

Hasn't BenDeLaCreme also expressed she wouldn't do it? Something about not liking the editing.

royalan

So I was reading Reddit and saw them speculating that Willam is visiting Mathu at the hospital and that made me realize not only that Mathu was off the show but that apparently they parted ways with Ru and production in not exactly amiable terms? What is happening over there? Ru is coming off as an awful person with all this rumors :/

Mathu and Ru have been friends for literally decades. I'd be surprised if they were on the outs.

Mathu leaving the show has everything to do with his health, from what I've heard 😢

lenovox1

It seems Mathu getting sick is what caused him to depart the show, but there has been no official word from anyone on any front.

kirblar

Yeah, Mathu departed on short notice and it was clearly illness-related. The rumors of a falling out were from when people didn't know he was sick and were brainstorming rumors he might not be on the show.

While I don't know the details of the situation since we're only hearing Willam's side, but it breaks my heart that someone as famous and welll known as Mathu could be so isolated. A lot of older queer people experience this, especially gay men of a certain age who are longterm AIDS / HIV survivors and have lost large swathes of their social groups. My partner and I were friends with an older man, who on top having HIV, was also a Vietnam veteran who had been exposed to Agent Orange and had a lot health issues. We sort of looked out for him and took him to run errands and stuff. When he passed away, my partner contacted him family and cleaned out his apartment. Stories like that aren't uncommon at all.

I'm glad Willam is talking about this. We need to work just as hard to protect and provide services to queer seniors as we do younger people. Mathu isn't even "old" really so it's extra shocking he might be in this situation.

Eggbok

I've been watching all the seasons and I just got to season 3. I'm watching the Casting Extravaganza and it's so crazy/cool seeing Thorgy, Alaska and Katya so early lol. Dax Exclamationpoint was there too. Detox, Joslyn Fox and a wild Jasmine Masters appeared as well.

Also dying @ the American Idol style auditions, the tap dancing queen...i can't!

lenovox1

https://youtu.be/IrEeo2d2IC8

Also links to some Facebook tea.

Oops.

https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158972575425696&id=665245695

tenor.gif

lenovox1

is it tho?

Valentina's popularity was like instant and overnight. She has nearly as many followers on instagram as Sasha, the winner of S9. Like...

She's a force

Are we going to run with the notion that Bianca del Rio, of all the queens in this franchise, is jealous of Valentine's... anything or is Valentina behaving like a diva at a gig and getting called out on it by the queen of shade more realistic?

royalan

is it tho?

Valentina's popularity was like instant and overnight. She has nearly as many followers on instagram as Sasha, the winner of S9. Like...

She's a force

Valentina's popularity is instant and overnight because her season just aired. But if she keeps it up with this stank attitude she'll quickly get Sharon'd.

Are we going to run with the notion that Bianca del Rio, of all the queens in this franchise, is jealous of Valentine's... anything or is Valentina behaving like a diva at a gig and getting called out on it by the queen of shade more realistic?

The latter, obviously. I am living for Villaintina though. I love a diva bitch (that I don't have to personally interact with in any way whatsoever).

game-boi

The real question about All-Stars 3 isn't about who's on it or not (
Shangela? LOL I hope that's true because that would be funny as hell!
), but it's a matter if they're going to keep the AS2 rules where contestants vote each other out. There was definitely something lost in the queen's performance when they're syncing for the win as opposed to syncing for their lives in the game, but the backstage drama created by the vote was incredible.

Honestly, I hope they keep it around with some slight tweaks, but I really liked the format of AS2.

Haha

Bianca is the most successful queen to come out of drag race along with Alaska. Why would she be jealous of Valentina?
Multitasking. How does it work?

Is it somehow not possible to be successful yet jealous that another queen has an apparently effortless appeal and beauty?

Shizuka

Is it somehow not possible to be successful yet jealous that another queen has an apparently effortless appeal and beauty?

Girl, really? No. It's beyond jealousy, specially when every single queen, seasoned or not, are pointing out how much of a
cunt
Valentina is.

Ratrat

Girl, really? No. It's beyond jealousy, specially when every single queen, seasoned or not, are pointing out how much of a
cunt
Valentina is.
I dont think so. Before the reunion a lot of them were saying she was so sweet and loved working with her on instagram.

The truth is, she is probably the only one worth talking about from the season. Its all buildup for AS3.
That being said, she has no chance of actually winning now. She's just a villain.

You can't really think that Bianca of all people is jealous of Valentina...

I think the S9 girls kept their mouths shut about Valentina throughout the season because they didn't wanna fuck with the huge following she had (and were also working on their own goodwill with fans), but when they saw a clearing to be honest about her they all jumped on the bandwagon together. There's no way Valentina hasn't misbehaved given her season mates, tour mates AND gig mates share the same sentiments. Seems like she just overshot her capital too early, so this exposé can only be good for her long term.

Shizuka

I forgot to mention, I mentioned a brazilian drag queen that had more views on Youtube than RuPaul and I had said that she had the most views for a drag queen, until someone mentioned Conchita.

Well, now her most viewed video has more than double the amount of views of Conchita's most viewed video. Drag queen going mainstream, specially in Brazil. She even has a colaboration with Major Lazer and a music video coming up for that one.

I'm a post season four fan, what's the Sharon tea?

I don't have a specific story but I've heard from a lot of folks here im Chicago that she is just a really rude and nasty person. This was back when she was still riding off her win, now that she's come down in the world she might be a bit better behaved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom