• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DayZ - zombie apocalypse online FFA permadeath survival Arma II mod

It looks like I'll be reinstalling ARMA 2 and buying the OA dlc then, this mod looks incredible. I got the game for free a while ago and never really played it.

derFeef

Just bought the combined operation pack on Steam, 25€ aint that bad and I wanted to check out the main game anyway at some point.
edit: do I need both Arma II and OA installed?

Wish I had the required games to try this, sounds awesome. The ARMA 2 demo scared me in to never buying it, haha. It used like every goddamn key on the keyboard.

Dyno

Have a friend playing this. He loves it. He says the interaction between people made for some seriously crazy and messed up experiences.

Word of advice : if you are bad and people survive then your name will get passed around, making others not trust you.

Kayo-kun

Looks really fun. Thanks for sharing this, I am a huge zombie game fan. I'll buy the Arma 2 CO just for this mod.

Jasoneyu

Woah, this is exactly what I imagined a Zombie/survival MMORPG would be like. Can't believe I never heard of this mod before.

edit: haha i love the requirements section on the website:

Requirements:

ArmA II: CO
DayZ Mod Files (Available on the downloads page)
Balls

Zomba13

:O Seems awesome. I have the Arma2 but do I need any other things? The mod site isn't working for me.

LProtag

I'm so close to reinstalling a windows partition on my computer and getting Arma II.

It doesn't take much to run, does it?

robin2

Watched the videos too, it has so much potential.

The dev is a Bohemia guy right? They could have this game mode, in a complete state of course, as a buyable DLC to Arma 3.

(Also maybe this could be the prototype of what Survarium should be).

oktarb

This sounds awesome. I guess I won't be using my common handle Insidious. A friend and I started batting around some names:

HonorableTrusstworthyBunnyLove
UnarmedFriendlyPersonWithCookies

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Best advertisement for ARMA II ever. Zombies, man. True workhorses of the industry.

My problem with permadeath is that eventually enough dickbags get wind of it and try to "troll" everyone and make the game unfun.

For me, carebear/PVE servers > PVP flag > PVP all the time > permadeath-PVP

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
My problem with permadeath is that eventually enough dickbags get wind of it and try to "troll" everyone and make the game unfun.

you think the zombie apocalypse wont have tons of selfish, murderous assholes?

Karak

Its pretty amazing. Been playing for awhile and did pretty well with my group then after a good long time of rest and feeling safe we got set upon. And just like real life some of the players were in random states of AFK or getting a pop, or looking in inventories. It was a god damned massacre. It really is a completely different game than ARMA 2 normally offers.

MNC

That's why you stick together with groups who don't try this to stay on the bigger side. Eventually, it all works as it should. If for instance 4chan tries to troll the entire game, it's all following the possibilities of the rules. The more seasoned players will still have the upper hand thanks to weapons and inventory.

theRizzle

What happens when you log off? Does your guy just disappear and then re-appear when you log back in?

It would be insane if your guy just went to sleep in the world so you had to find a real "safe" place to log off at.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Well I'm def getting Arma II once it goes on sale, this mod sounds amazing and what I've always wanted to play in a zombie game. Love the concept of those zombie survival text games but I never bothered since it wasn't really interactive besides clicking. Also would be awesome if they could expand upon this and make it possible so you could build a base and players could make their own factions around the world.

Karak

Also a bit of advice. The mod/mods on the official site can be heavy handed. Not unwarranted, but what we all get away with here is REALLY not tolerated on their forums. The game is HARD at times, PK's can ruin a good amount of your fun at times, groups can still get powdered very easily by even 1-3 bandits despite any preparation you may have taken. That is just the name of the game. But when you post about those things the typical posts many of us would do here may get you some unwanted attention. I personally love it. Its far beyond the wild west but frustration can run nutcrunchingly high.

Again not a jab at them, they can moderate as they see fit. But if you have issues and find yourself dropping cuss words or being sarcastic in many of your posts or don't like being told "no" you may want to post your problems in this thread for others to answer....of course removing the DAMN cusswords even here:)

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Also a bit of advice. The mod/mods on the official site can be heavy handed. Not unwarranted, but what we all get away with here is REALLY not tolerated on their forums. The game is HARD at times, PK's can ruin a good amount of your fun at times, groups can still get powdered very easily by even 1-3 bandits despite any preparation you may have taken. That is just the name of the game. But when you post about those things the typical posts many of us would do here may get you some unwanted attention. I personally love it. Its far beyond the wild west but frustration can run nutcrunchingly high.

Again not a jab at them, they can moderate as they see fit. But if you have issues and find yourself dropping cuss words or being sarcastic in many of your posts or don't like being told "no" you may want to post your problems in this thread for others to answer....of course removing the DAMN cusswords even here:)

I don't exactly understand what you're saying. They don't like cusswords?

Someone get the Giant Bomb Flight Crew to do a video of this.

Those dudes don't like ArmA. Or at least they didn't last time they talked about it.

Top Bottom