• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

strafer

Dan: "I don't know why people talk about Destiny 2 being a grind, I enjoy the bars going up little by little a time"

z7Z8KsD.gif

Is this the woman from NCIS Los Angeles?

Nice to see Janina come on the playdate and mix in so well with everyone. It would be awesome if this could be the, I'm gonna say 3rd great age of friend of the site walk ons (after Whiskey Media and then Gamespot friends who have mostly now left). It really mixed things up nicely when friends of the site could just drop in and chat for a bit.

swimbuff

Maybe it's bad to start with the best but you might as well go for them if you're not looking for anything specific. And for what it's worth, Steins;Gate took me 40-50 hours and Fata took me about 30.

I don't want to miss out on any of the story so I'd like to start from the beginning. Jesus I didn't realise they were that long though. Picked it up Steins on Steam, here I go.

How was the Megadate? Worth watching?

I wouldn't say it's worth watching so much as it's worth listening to in the background. You don't wanna miss the guest's reaction to Danisms though.

drabnon

Janina is a really good guest. I wish they had played some party games, though, rather than the two they picked. Hope to see her on another GB show soon.

Not meaning this as a dig at Jason but the amount of issues GBWest seems to have on streams these days just makes me realise how on the ball Drew must have been when he was running everything.

Not meaning this as a dig at Jason but the amount of issues GBWest seems to have on streams these days just makes me realise how on the ball Drew must have been when he was running everything.

Drew had Jason as backup for some of it though.

I don't like doing the whole badmouthing the crew thing, but trying to word it nicely, I think Jason would probably be a little less stressed with the production side of the show if he sat on that side of it more. I appreciate the fact he likes being on camera and helping the show out that way, but it seems like the A/V side suffers when he's doing that.

I also know they mentioned a ton of new equipment recently, and if it's that different than the older stuff it might be a pain in the ass to learn, but same concept as above applies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Did you guys somehow forgot that vinny was a producer when he's in the west coast?

Vinny was still mostly in the west coast before jason came on.

I can't remember the timelines exactly but it was a like a 1-2 month period before each thing happened.

oti

Banned
Guys.

I finally managed to beat the three fights in 4-8 in Rabbids and Mario.

I get to the results screen.

I'm so happy.

And then the game crashes.

It just craches.

First time this has happened.

I now have to repeat the entire battle.

Guys.

I finally managed to beat the three fights in 4-8 in Rabbids and Mario.

I get to the results screen.

I'm so happy.

And then the game crashes.

It just craches.

First time this has happened.

I now have to repeat the entire battle.
that's what happens when you wish for BITE to die off

Did you guys somehow forgot that vinny was a producer when he's in the west coast?

Vinny was still mostly in the west coast before jason came on.

I can't remember the timelines exactly but it was a like a 1-2 month period before each thing happened.

I seem to remember Vinny leaving just before E3 then Dan & Jason joining just after?

EDIT: Just to clarify as well, when I said "running everything" I didnt mean when he was on his own. Just in charge of production. I realise he had help from Jason but it just always seemed he was a lot more organised etc.

Antiwhippy

I seem to remember Vinny leaving just before E3 then Dan & Jason joining just after?

That's kinda what I've gathered, though I couldn't find the exact date where Vinny left through my cursory googling. Seems to be around mid to late may.

Dan & Jason joined earlyish July.

Ok at no point was I attacking Jason. My post wasnt even really about him. It was just praising Drew and the hard job it must be to keep everything running smoothly.

Antiwhippy

EDIT: Just to clarify as well, when I said "running everything" I didnt mean when he was on his own. Just in charge of production. I realise he had help from Jason but it just always seemed he was a lot more organised etc.

As someone who recently got a team of 2 instead of running everything in my department by myself let me tell you.

Having more people to help you definitely helps.

I was even able to take a sick leave when I had to!

BTA

I don't want to miss out on any of the story so I'd like to start from the beginning. Jesus I didn't realise they were that long though. Picked it up Steins on Steam, here I go.

I wouldn't say it's worth watching so much as it's worth listening to in the background. You don't wanna miss the guest's reaction to Danisms though.

Oh, ok, I can clarify that. The only things currently out (ofificially) in English in the series that Steins;Gate is in (the Science Adventure series) are it and its sequel/midquel/whatever Steins;Gate 0. The next release here, Chaos;Child, comes out in October and was released before 0 in Japan (and has a very different tone with completely different characters in the same universe) so you only really need to start with the original Steins;Gate and you'll be fine with whatever you go with next. Reception of 0 is mixed (I liked it a lot) but Child was very well received in Japan.

The other games in that series in Japan are Chaos;Head (the first) and Robotics;Notes (released between S;G and C;C). C;H is very likely not ever going to be released officially; there is a fan translation for the PC version (which I played) but it's not of the updated/canon version (Chaos;Head Noah) and also, in my opinion, is not very good. C;C is technically a sequel to it but apparently functions fine as a standalone (I assume the characters in it will also be learning about the events of C;H during it anyway) so I don't think it's worth worrying about - C;C wouldn't have been released here otherwise. Meanwhile the problem with Robotics;Notes is that it's important to upcoming releases in the series in Japan, but the best version of it (which is apparently a big improvement) is only on the Vita so unless it gets ported we might be screwed.

There's also a lot of weird fanservicey spinoff games but we've gotten none of them and only one of Steins;Gate's may even be vaguely important to the future of the series anyway.

Which is all to say just start with Steins;Gate and you're totally fine.

Finally, all of the games have anime adaptations besides 0, which will be getting one soon. I've admittedly seen none of them. My understanding is that C;H's is bad and S;G's is pretty good and I know nothing beyond that. I guess if you really want to know about C;H or R;N there's always the anime as an option.

Top Bottom