• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Off-Season - Crisis on Infinite Reruns

Season 5 Production art:

http://comicsalliance.com/arrow-season-5-black-canary-production-art/

Clj_lrgUYAAuFhB.jpg:large

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I feel like literally having a bronze statue of someone in pseudo S&M gear is going to look silly. It should be a bunch of Canaries or something.

Luigi87

That is a sucky name. Does it include Green Lantern, Everwood, Dawson's Creek? Pan? Why not when it does include The Flash 90s and Constantine?

It still includes more than "Arrow"verse =P

Edit: Also ignoring Green Lantern, 'cause movie and stuff, let's be honest... it totally could include all those others. I mean, when you isolate locations, and then consider the years things are made (since the current DC shows are from 2012 to current, not counting the flashbacks dating back to 2007)... It could all fit in!

ZeroX03

Banned
I can't imagine a bronze statue made for TV is ever going to look good. It'll look like either the cheap mockup it is, or be CG'd into something smooth and not quite right. Why bother?

Good looking statues need to be long weathered and likely absurdly expensive.

But Arrowverse includes shows that are actually canon. People know what it means.

strafer

I can't imagine a bronze statue made for TV is ever going to look good. It'll look like either the cheap mockup it is, or be CG'd into something smooth and not quite right. Why bother?

Good looking statues need to be long weathered and likely absurdly expensive.

Maybe wait until they reveal before judge?

Joni

Edit: Also ignoring Green Lantern, 'cause movie and stuff, let's be honest... it totally could include all those others. I mean, when you isolate locations, and then consider the years things are made (since the current DC shows are from 2012 to current, not counting the flashbacks dating back to 2007)... It could all fit in!

Arrowverse includes Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, Vixen, Constantine and Flash 90s, so the actual Arrowverse shows.

Pachimari

When did the Flash 90s show become canon to Arrowverse? Isn't tbe actor hsur the same, playing two different characters? And is the TV show Constantine canon to this universe as well?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
When did the Flash 90s show become canon to Arrowverse? Isn't tbe actor hsur the same, playing two different characters? And is the TV show Constantine canon to this universe as well?

I don't think it officially is. They had a brief shot from the 90s show when Barry was hopping around, but they're probably just treating it as a glimpse into another universe. Also Trickster is played by the same actor as the 90s series and they mention him being active in the 90s BUT there have been no other indications that Central City had another speedster before the Barry that we know. I wouldn't view the 90s show as canon, more like a nice tribute to what came before. Just like casting actors from the old show but in different roles.

Constantine is a who knows. I don't think there is anything that directly contradicts the NBC show being connected, but there also isn't anything that say it is. So far it is just the same actor playing the same character. Constantine was standalone, some larger DC references and Easter eggs peppered around but nothing that was connected to The CW shows conclusively.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/23/legends-tomorrow-maisie-richardson-sellers-vixen

williams.jpg

Maisie Richardson-Sellers has joined the cast of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow as the new Vixen, EW has learned.

The Originals alum will play Amaya Jiwe, otherwise known as Vixen, the newest superhero to board the Waverider and join the ranks of the Legends of Tomorrow.

As previously reported, Megalyn E.K. — who voices Vixen, a.k.a Mari McCabe, in the animated spin-off and brought her to life on Arrow — was unavailable to portray the character on Legends, hence the show casting a new Vixen, who happens to be Mari McCabe’s grandmother. Thank you, time travel.

anaron

I was hoping it wound be her grandmother or ancestor so I'm more ok with it. Still think she should be called something else though

ZeroX03

Banned
Vixen still meh.

We also knew Sara was coming back half a season after they killed her.

That has nothing to do with whether a character should be mourned appropriately in the show's universe.

Maybe she would've got one if Laurel didn't go around impersonating her.

China White was in season three. Walter and Helena are the biggest that come to mind. Oh and Moira, I'm sure they'd love her back of they settled things with Susanna.

China White was in season three. Walter and Helena are the biggest that come to mind. Oh and Moira, I'm sure they'd love her back of they settled things with Susanna.

If Artemis takes over the sidekick role, Thea could focus on rebuilding the Queen business empire. With Speedy finally cutting Malcolm out of her life, maybe she could focus her need for a father figure on Walter?

Characters we haven't seen since season 2 (Many of whom are dead)-

Moira
Walter
Huntress
Brother Blood
Solomon Grundy
Doctor Ivo
Isabel Roschev
Bronze Tiger
Shrapnel
The Count
Anatoly (Bratva contact)
Clock King
Adam Donner
Kate Spencer

Pachimari

I don't think it officially is. They had a brief shot from the 90s show when Barry was hopping around, but they're probably just treating it as a glimpse into another universe. Also Trickster is played by the same actor as the 90s series and they mention him being active in the 90s BUT there have been no other indications that Central City had another speedster before the Barry that we know. I wouldn't view the 90s show as canon, more like a nice tribute to what came before. Just like casting actors from the old show but in different roles.

Constantine is a who knows. I don't think there is anything that directly contradicts the NBC show being connected, but there also isn't anything that say it is. So far it is just the same actor playing the same character. Constantine was standalone, some larger DC references and Easter eggs peppered around but nothing that was connected to The CW shows conclusively.
Yeah this is how I have always seen it. Not necessarily connected.

Perfect casting. I remember her from The Originals.

Grizzlyjin

New Vixen who is really old Vixen is hot Vixen.

I'm warming up to the idea. They didn't really knock it out of the park with modern day Vixen, so this would be a refresh. Plus, it makes sense. Modern day Vixen might have been like "Travel through time? Nah, I got shit to do."

ZeroX03

Banned
One does not simply cut the Barrowman

No word on Barrowman or Blackthorne. They'll both be recurring I'm sure, but no idea about series regular.

I'm just assuming the others will stick around, no reason for them to leave. Felicity and Diggle are confirmed I think.

Pachimari

Do we have any idea how the Legends team will look for Season 2? I haven't finished S1 myself yet but I accidentally read (again!) that Hawkgirl and Captain Cold are off(?), so I'm gonna finish it soon. Who do we have then?

Rip Hunter
Heatwave
White Canary
Atom
Firestorm
Vixen
Citizen Steel

Joni

Do we have any idea how the Legends team will look for Season 2? I haven't finished S1 myself yet but I accidentally read (again!) that Hawkgirl and Captain Cold are off(?), so I'm gonna finish it soon. Who do we have then?

Rip Hunter
Heatwave
White Canary
Atom
Firestorm
Vixen
Citizen Steel
Don't click:
Hourman
Unannounced female character.

ZeroX03

Banned

Rip Hunter
Heatwave
White Canary
Atom
Firestorm
Vixen
Citizen Steel

Captain Cold will still be on the show, just not part of the team. He's a series regular throughout the entire Arrowverse now.

Top Bottom