• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread 2: A thread on a popular internet message board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryn

The line for the panel is a clusterfuck. GB fans were showing up really early, and kept getting chased away by Enforcers. They HATE us. Stood behind two Enforcers just talking crazy shit about GB fans.

Then they finally open doors to a room, and say the line starts there, with no direction so the fans just decided where the line starts.

Luckily I'm in the first 20 or so people.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
The line for the panel is a clusterfuck. GB fans were showing up really early, and kept getting chased away by Enforcers. They HATE us. Stood behind two Enforcers just talking crazy shit about GB fans.

Then they finally open doors to a room, and say the line starts there, with no direction so the fans just decided where the line starts.

Luckily I'm in the first 20 or so people.

I can guarantee there is a good reason if security hates a particular group of fans.

Brad, hahahaha

We need to get the GB staff into street pass rehab. Kickstart it, Jeff. You're the only one safe from its siren call, currently.

Xenoblade is the right choice for an Endurance Run - it counts over 99h 99mins. It was the right choice last year too.

Vinny and Jeff is the right choice for all Endurance Runs.

There will not be another Endurance Run :/

Patryn

Ok, home now, so more details.

They sounded more optimistic about an Endurance Run. In fact, Jeff outright said that they'd do another Endurance Run in the future, but they didn't know when, they didn't know what game and they didn't know who. He also pointed out the facts that we all know about how they're trying to get back up to speed and just to the point of doing their normal content and some new stuff. Apparently Patrick and Alexis will be covering while both Vinny and Drew are out?

That's when he dropped the bomb that at one point, he went up to Vinny and said something like "Yakuza 3. Check it out." But he said that the time had passed, so I don't think we'll ever see them do that one.

The panel will go up, but I hate to tell you guys, it sounded like it'll be at least a week, if not longer, before you guys can see it. However, Jeff was using a Flip cam to film the Harmonix Band that was playing and the audience while we filed in, so you may see that sooner?

Once it got started it was really good, but the queue room was hell and the panel started late. And then there was the fact that we were scared because the Enforcers kept thinking that the front of the line was the back. Ran from about 9:30 to 11, with a couple guests (the creator of Cards Against Humanity and Rich Gallup).

I have to say, though, that the best part had to be the Q&A. For the most part they were funny questions (including one HILARIOUS suggestion of what to do with the Green Screen set that even took the GB crew aback). One guy did get ridiculed for calling the Endurance Run an "Extended Play."

As far as I know Jeff still hasnt played MGS3.

Jeff should play MGS3 for a short ER.

ps2 or ps3 HD version since they have the proper controls.

Endurance Run #5

XHNBn.jpg

Jintor

I still hold that they should have a commentary track on the P4TheAnimation DVDs

Persona 4 X GiantBomb. Make it happen, Atlus.

On a similar note, Persona 4 Arena should be TNT on the week it comes out, and they need to get Vinny in front of the camera with Jeff.

Nah.

How about they get Patrick to talk about a interview he read on another site about the games development and then he can spout random facts about the persona series for 2 hours?

Yeah thats sounds like a plan.

I'm looking forward to when things stabilize. They'll feel compelled to get tons of video content out. My random PC withdraw is going to be out of control by then.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I still hold that they should have a commentary track on the P4TheAnimation DVDs

Persona 4 X GiantBomb. Make it happen, Atlus.
It's all up to Sentai. They recently announced that they're getting the original game cast to do the anime, so at least they're going all out.

It's too bad the anime sucks. :p

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Swag Yu says no
If all you care about is fanservice, that's fine.

I'd much rather just replay the game though. And given that they're probably going to sell the set in two parts, spending a hundred bucks on the anime seems almost ridiculous unless you're some super hardcore fan who doesn't care about bad pacing, lazy writing, and awkward art.

I suppose the only plus is that you get the (superior) Japanese voices!

I'd much rather just replay the game though. And given that they're probably going to sell the set in two parts, spending a hundred bucks on the anime seems almost ridiculous unless you're some super hardcore fan who doesn't care about bad pacing, lazy writing, and awkward art.

yo man i saw a picture of the dvd version and you could totally see chie's panties

totally worth $100

Jintor

Like I need a reason to throw money at Fatlus

pirata

yo man i saw a picture of the dvd version and you could totally see chie's panties

totally worth $100

I thought all of the artwork of Chie showed her wearing compression shorts under her skirt...

Why am I talking about women's underwear on a video game message board? I don't even like women!

firehawk12

Subete no aware

totally worth $100
The Anime thread is in community now!

Like I need a reason to throw money at Fatlus
You mean Sentai. :p
I will say, I appreciate that they're going all out at least. This could have been a cheap release (GAF's own Feep is a voice actor for one of their other releases, I believe... no offense to Feep of course!) but to go out and get the cast means at least they know exactly who will potentially buy the series.

I thought all of the artwork of Chie showed her wearing compression shorts under her skirt...

Why am I talking about women's underwear on a video game message board? I don't even like women!

Apparently not under her casual clothes. Uniform only.
horizontal green stripes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom