• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free games on Xbox Live if you go Oman

Mesonak

So wait, just to clarify; Injustice is not only still free to download via the Costa Rica method, but can be downloaded like this as well?

Also, when combing through the thread, I saw something about Mass Effect 2. Is that game actually free?

SenkiDala

Thanks OP, it really works!

There is also Perfect Dark (the XBLA remake) for free. :)

EDIT: ho nope, it's just the demo, my bad.

novenD

maps_5_3.jpg

All you guys will be having loads of fun with your new games right up until the point you're killed by some guy seat swapping in the super cobra.

great find, was going to buy WRC Powerslide last week. Grabbed that and Ikaruga for now. Download speeds seem horrendously slow at the moment sadly

BillyBats

Banned
So this is just an exploit and not a promotion? Is that really any more ethical than piracy?

No, if indeed it is an exploit. Be prepared for MS banning people for exploiting a glitch and those banned people creating threads about how they were banned for no reason and M$ is a greedy corporation with draconian drm policies. Hmm, why would a company want to implement policies like they wanted to when gamers are such an honest, trustworthy bunch?

Natiko

Banned
For some reason after following the OPs steps I sign into the account on my Xbox and it tells me that XBL is not available in my region?

For some reason after following the OPs steps I sign into the account on my Xbox and it tells me that XBL is not available in my region?

Read the OP more thoroughly, you have to select Recent on the left side of the screen after you sign in and search for titles.

DedValve

Banned
So I was downloading a game, migrated back to my homeland, signed in again with that account and all downloads just froze....

Dammit I just want injustice.

Mugatu

Why the hell are games randomly going free?

I don't know. At first I thought these were all glitches but after so many of them that makes no sense, MS would have gone through and checked all regions. Then I thought maybe each region had their own free with gold promo but then many of these don't require Gold and I think MS has said that that promo is US only so I really have no idea why these keep happening.

EDIT: Guess I was wrong. (faster to edit my post than wait to be able to post again).

I don't know. At first I thought these were all glitches but after so many of them that makes no sense, MS would have gone through and checked all regions. Then I thought maybe each region had their own free with gold promo but then many of these don't require Gold and I think MS has said that that promo is US only so I really have no idea why these keep happening.
The promo was never US only.

Mugatu

So I was downloading a game, migrated back to my homeland, signed in again with that account and all downloads just froze....

Dammit I just want injustice.

I wonder if you might have to just kill and restart them? Might be that it just doesn't know how to resume a download initiated from one server region in another?

DedValve

Banned
I wonder if you might have to just kill and restart them? Might be that it just doesn't know how to resume a download initiated from one server region in another?

By restart you mean just cancel and redownload? I'll try that. I reached my daily limit to make new outlook accounts anyways apparently =/

EDIT: 1%!!!!
man this is gonna take long

Ghazi

So if I started an Injustice download, I can just migrate to US and I'll be good?

I migrate to US over the xbox.com website, right?

Pudge

It's not our problem Microsoft Fucked up. It's their job to make sure every thing works as it should.

My thoughts exactly. All this stuff and Injustice earlier in the week is just my spoils from paying for years and years of XBL IMO.

Speaking of which, if anyone from Microsoft is listening, could you guys put WWE All Stars in the next glitched country? I really want to play that again.

So if I started an Injustice download, I can just migrate to US and I'll be good?

Yup, under My Account. I played Injustice on my main account no problem.

DedValve

Banned

I did it, download froze but I could redownload all the things (since I guess they where all in my download queue)

Download speeds are painfully slow either way....3% =/

EDIT: just stay on your oman acct until you downloaded all your stuff. Quick note: I guess I don't share saves between profiles huh? I wanna kill some time playing Naruto storm 3 but only if I can use my original profile saves.

Ledsen

No, if indeed it is an exploit. Be prepared for MS banning people for exploiting a glitch and those banned people creating threads about how they were banned for no reason and M$ is a greedy corporation with draconian drm policies. Hmm, why would a company want to implement policies like they wanted to when gamers are such an honest, trustworthy bunch?

LOL. they won't ban anybody. They haven't before. EA didn't. Nobody does.

iBuzz7S

Banned
Creating Xbox LIVE profile for a region outside of your location = violation of Terms of Use. Glitch or no glitch, that is on ground for a permanent suspension of your Xbox LIVE profile(s) and/or your console.

BUT, I don't recall if ever happening. I mean, there are guides on the official Xbox forums on how to bypass warnings and errors to get yourself free content. So how can they get mad at people using an exploit, when the same exploit(s) are posted on their official forums and have gone unmoderated for months/years?

Ghazi

I always gave Oman shit for being on the coast, they are totally being awesome to me now so I like Oman a lot more.

Also, I just migrated and it's downloading smoothly now.

These downloads are really moving slow as shit for me. 3 hours and Dark is only at 60%.

Might I be wrong in thinking this glitch is currently seeing so much abuse that the network is being hammered?

Top Bottom