• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bubblews Rumor: Fallout 4 shown behind closed doors at E3 (Releases 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramparter

Banned
2015? Sounds really late but at least we can expect to see some huge graphical leap. At this point also there should be a healthy next gen consoles user base.

I want to believe but why show it even behind closed doors so early? Betheda don't do that.

Marcel

I have it on PS3, and it certainly fuckin sucks, but that doesn't change the fact that Skyrim is effin amazing.

It "fuckin sucks" but is somehow also amazing? Uhhh, okay. Anyway I find it to be the opposite of amazing, especially when compared to fantasy games that do it better. (Dark Souls, The Witcher 2, etc.)

ekim

Also this is a horrendously awful source. It amounts to a random blog post by someone not even remotely involved in the video game industry. Indeed, your source is a 28 year old model who posts things like "My Night in Underwear" and "Being beautiful is too hard!"

Saying I'm dubious is being generous.

:lol - I didn't really look into the source. Basically all major German gaming outlets are reporting on that rumor so I assumed they checked the source. Sorry. :(

Uncredited article on site I've never heard of doesn't sound like a very reliable source.

81446-grandpa-simpson.gif

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Fallout 4 will release on Xbox One, PS4, PC, Xbox 360 and PS3.

Hype gone.

There goes any chances of the next Fallout actually taking advantage of next gen.

I was hoping for no loading cells. Ha.

lefantome

Xbox 360 and Ps3 in 2015? C'mon!

There could be 30-40 millions next gen consoles in early 2015.

Also are they using gamebryo again?

Tobor

Is it cool to hate on Bethesda/Skyrim now? What the hell?

There is a small vocal minority who hate Bethesda. They are loud, but they are few.

Bethesda isn't perfect, no one is, but I love their games. I'm guaranteed hundreds of hours of fun with every release.

EDIT: the last gen rumors are scary, though. I hope that's bullshit.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
:lol - I didn't really look into the source. Basically all major German gaming outlets are reporting on that rumor so I assumed they checked the source. Sorry. :(

Between the language barrier and this odd blog-for-hire site's design, I can see how someone could get confused. This is most likely a made up story circling social media right now and this girl is merely the first person to print it on a website.

Erethian

Aside from the incredibly dubious nature of the source, to say they're playing it safe with the rumours is an understatement.

Vaults exist? What a scoop!

The 360/PS3 part of it gives it away as fake. As well as it being 55% done and won't release till 2015. Unless they just got the dates badly wrong.

> The 37 second trailor starts starts with a half-broken phone sparking. The scene pulls out slowly with the stereotypical music you would hear. Slowly you work out the scene is pulling out of a belltower. As it pulls further out, you see a destroyed town around. It pulls further out and you suddenely see several GamerTags. It's multiplayer! It pulls out further and you see an in-game representation of Ron Pearlman saying "War... War never changes...Until NOW". He pulls out an iPad and starts to launch multiple nuclear strikes with a few touches. The camera pulls out further and a Twitch overlay appears to stream the game to a friend who then takes control of the game before switching over to NetFlix to watch Arrested Development Season 4.
The voice of Ron Howard appears saying: "Previously on Fallout 3"
KVhiB.jpg

Than the camera pulls out and the logo for Fallout 4 appears with the 5 platforms above listed.

woolley

It would go along with what the guy from gametrailers said on Invisible Walls but it could have also been an entirely different game.

UberTag

PS3 and 360 games in 2015? :x
There will still be cross-gen games in 2015 that aren't sports/COD/dancing games.
Better get used to it.
Unless PS4 is massively entrenched with a large userbase by then.
No guarantees of that.

Mainstream consumers don't purchase $399 systems... even if they are a great value.

RPGCrazied

Cool, this gen too! Hope the rumor is true! I love companies that support current gen while going into next gen. Someone needs to talk to Square Enix.

Anyway, Fallout 3 was okay on PS3, except the DLC was kinda glitchy. I hope its more like Skyrim after the updates, ran quite good after those.

Fallout 4 is all well and good, but there are more important stories on that blog. Specifically I'd like carben44 to know that if she needs a cuddle, I am very much available.

StuBurns

Banned
There will still be cross-gen games in 2015 that aren't sports/COD/dancing games.
Better get used to it.
Unless PS4 is massively entrenched with a large userbase by then.
No guarantees of that.

Mainstream consumers don't purchase $399 systems... even if they are a great value.
No, there won't. Thief, The Witcher 3, The Division, we already have 'AAA' next-gen only games announced, and ones not even as popular as things like FO3. And it's half way through 2013, by October 2015 nothing but casual crap, sports games and maybe CoD will be on PS360.

Boston? I wanted New York. Either way, something tells me bethesda won't live up to the amazing city of DC from Fallout 3. Damn that game was so, so good.

EDIT- Skyrim is fucking good. I don't know why people don't like it. I didn't at first but then it got better. Now i'm 200 hours in and only done about 5 main quest and still have yet to visit 3 or 4 main cities.

Grinchy

Banned
What a shame. If it's not coming until 2015, it would have been nice if it were a next-gen-only development. That's not to say that we haven't seen some very impressive cross-gen titles so far, but the games that are only on new hardware will surely be more impressive.

Oroboros+

Neo Member
Was in the press area of Bethsoft at E3 (Thanks to a friend)..The only things shown were next gen demos of Wolfenstein, Elder Scrolls Online and Shinji Mikami's Evil Within (Which was the highlight of the press demos). Then we were allowed to play current gen versions of the first two games, which was a little underwhelming to say the least.

There was no 'closed doors' area with Fallout, or any inkling of such talk when the devs were talking, not even a subtle hint at a sequel just yet.

The source is a reddit style website where anonymous people can submit content. Come on.

jschreier

This is most likely false, Jason Schreier from Kotaku posted something to that effect here on GAF. People are just reaching because they want Fallout 4, but if I had to bet it would be on something from id.
Well, what I said was that I don't think any press saw anything behind closed doors. Bethesda could have been showing whatever, but I don't think they were showing it to press. Companies often bring unannounced games to E3 to show partners and investors. That said, there is no reason to believe this random website.

chadskin

What's the point in showing this game to the press at E3 and forbid them to say anything about it? We'll either see previews pop up in a few weeks or I call bullshit on this.

Alot of gun makers are located in the New England area. I hope to see a gun factory in the game. I want to see their post apocalyptic version of "Gun Valley".

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Please let this not be true. I don't care if it doesn't release until 2015, but please don't let it be cross gen.

Fallout and Elderscrolls games NEED generational leaps between sequels. It was already bad enough that Skyrim had to come out on current gen consoles.

I don't understand where all the Skyrim hate came from. It's Gamebyo and it's open-world, of course there are bound to be some issues. Every single open-world game has its share of problems. I enjoyed Skyrim, and I enjoyed Fallout 3 / New Vegas, were they perfect? No. But I would never say they're terrible. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course, but there's no reason to talk down on people that enjoyed the games, that is just ridiculous.

What would be the point of showing it off so far away from the announcement? All you're doing is asking for someone to leak it.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Wasn't the Boston setting confirmed as a fake reddit rumor? I keep hearing it repeated, but I thought it had been shot down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom