• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Tom Penny

Spurs aren't even old. Wait till they break out Murray at PG. The kid is lightning in the open court. It's unreal how they draft.

I think we've seen that the Warriors offense can be entertaining and frighteningly good when they're on. But that defense isn't as good as it was last year and that will be a big problem for them, even if they do gel more.

I'd be less worried about their defense if I was confident that Iggy will still be the same Iggy. Durant is an upgrade defensively over Barnes and Bogut barely played in the postseason. They got killed all playoffs last year when Green was on the bench, their frontcourt already had problems.

spyder_ur

Good to be back here for another season.

The Warriors are going to be great this year. But most people here laughed at me this summer when I mentioned that they did lose valuable pieces - I do think they're going to have issues, particularly early in the year. Bogut, Barnes, Speights and Barbosa are all good to very good players. They lost rebounding, defense and chemistry - they'll be more than fine but it's not meaningless.

random25

KD could have ganged up with Paul George. PG will challenge Bron on defense while KD will demolish the Cavs on offense.

Too bad he didn't choose wisely.

Good to be back here for another season.

The Warriors are going to be great this year. But most people here laughed at me this summer when I mentioned that they did lose valuable pieces - I do think they're going to have issues, particularly early in the year. Bogut, Barnes, Speights and Barbosa are all good to very good players. They lost rebounding, defense and chemistry - they'll be more than fine but it's not meaningless.

Durant is better than Barnes in every part of the game. Bogut was a liability that could barely stay on the court and the Warriors were terrible all playoffs without Green on the court. Most of the problems you're complaining about already existed last year and would have existed now without Durant.

spyder_ur

Durant is better than Barnes in every part of the game. Bogut was a liability that could barely stay on the court and the Warriors were terrible all playoffs without Green on the court. Most of the problems you're complaining about already existed last year and would have existed now without Durant.

First of all who's complaining? Weird comment. My point is that to sign Durant they had to get rid of all of those guys. Real basketball is not fantasy basketball and those guys are all good players which is why they were valued on the open market.

Would I have done the same thing? Of course. Durant is incredible. But it wasn't without downside.

Curry continuing to be a defensive sieve from his performance in the playoffs, I see.

as a spurs fan, tonight terrified me. even if it was a nothing game. i wear my heart on my sleeve every game. i thought we might get done by 30+.

PLEASE KEEP THIS UP

Jarate

Banned
The Warriors don't have a rim protector on their team. They may score a billion points, but man they are missing Bogut

Fjordson

I'm switching bandwagons from the Warriors to the Jazz. Got Rodney Hood, Gobert and Hayward on my fantasy team. Go Jazz!

jptrey06

First of all who's complaining? Weird comment. My point is that to sign Durant they had to get rid of all of those guys. Real basketball is not fantasy basketball and those guys are all good players which is why they were valued on the open market.

Would I have done the same thing? Of course. Durant is incredible. But it wasn't without downside.

Curry continuing to be a defensive sieve from his performance in the playoffs, I see.

They upgraded the position. The only hole that they created is the lack of a good rebounding center.

Dallas overpaid Barnes like they did Parsons a couple years ago. That's a really dumb move

100% sure Steph had some bad flashbacks with that block

gty_540881636_82697728.jpg

Holy shit Simmons

what a way to start the season. What's making me most comfortable/optimistic about the Spurs right now is that they have the bench players shining like this in game 1.

Brinbe

lol what an embarrassing performance. Dubs suck. Absolutely zero depth and defense. They def aren't getting through the West. Clips gonna eat them up too.

Top Bottom