• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

Power levels aren't everything. You can't reduce every villain in the story in that way.

Zemo won.

Zemo is a completely different kind of threat than a cosmic-level villain like Thanos or Galactus (which is also why he worked so well). He wasn't threatening the Earth or the universe, he was threatening the Avengers personally.

You're right, power levels aren't everything, and it's the villains who subvert those kinds of expectations that work best. But, unless Marvel took a radically different approach to Galactus than anyone expects, he would be more akin to another Thanos than another Zemo, and I don't know if that really makes for a more interesting bad guy or a more believable struggle.

Zemo is a completely different kind of threat than a cosmic-level villain like Thanos or Galactus (which is also why he worked so well). He wasn't threatening the Earth or the universe, he was threatening the Avengers personally.

You're right, power levels aren't everything, and it's the villains who subvert those kinds of expectations that work best. But, unless Marvel took a radically different approach to Galactus than anyone expects, he would be more akin to another Thanos than another Zemo, and I don't know if that really makes for a more interesting bad guy or a more believable struggle.

Of course he'd be akin to another Thanos. They're both World destroyers.

Why on Xandar is that a bad thing?

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/165...vengers-infinity-war-according-to-kevin-feige

According to Kevin Feige, GOTG 1 and 2 take place in 2014, around the same time as Captain America The Winter Solder, while Infinity War will take place 4 years afterwards, in 2018.

Pretty interesting that Feige and Gunn decided to leave a large gap of time untold when it comes to the Guardians.

It takes a few light years to travel to earth, now that time gap is filled.

Your welcome.

Hot Toys Iron Man armor in Spider-Man Homecoming.

18058185_10154417911922344_2072051940394764631_n.jpg

18076670_10154417912217344_8045070934637748663_o.jpg

Not even Hot Toys can make this color scheme look good. If they were going to go so silver heavy, they should've gone all the way. Or at the very least, changed the design from the Mk. 46.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I waaaaaaant to knowwwww the other spoilers. But I need to see them in the movie. I heard the
Stan Lee one
. And it made me scream out in joy that even my neighbours rung at the doorbell to ask if everything is ok.

Its happening. Its finally happening I guess. FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK.

I waaaaaaant to knowwwww the other spoilers. But I need to see them in the movie. I heard the
Stan Lee one
. And it made me scream out in joy that even my neighbours rung at the doorbell to ask if everything is ok.

Its happening. Its finally happening I guess. FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK.
😂😂😂

curb

Banned
US has a little over a week to go. :(

Guess it's time to bail out, lest I be tempted.

I'm feeling the same way. I clicked the last credit scene spoiler which was worth it but we're getting too close now. I'll see you all on the other side - or a week from Friday.

I've become so numb to the new marvel cape flick is the worst one shit. Thor 2, iron man 2, and Ultron are the ultimate WOAT MCU low bars for me. Even the incredible hulk was kinda trash personifed.

Hot Toys Iron Man armor in Spider-Man Homecoming.

snip

pure dogshit tbh

Thor 2 is legit mediocre.
Iron Man 2 gets too way much hate.
Incredible Hulk is Average personified
Age of Ultron is good, not nearly as great as the first
Ant-Man is also pretty good, not great.
Ditto Doctor Strange
Civil War, Winter Soldier, The Avengers are the best of them and legit classics.

There we go.

edit - I'll be in the cinema this time tomorrow watching the first GOTG before Volume 2.

Pachimari

!! NO SPOILERS HERE !!

I just came out of the cinema, and I gotta say Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 was a worse movie than the first one, but still a great entry in the MCU. A lot is happening in this movie, so much that the plot feels cluttered at times, and it only really comes into its pace during the second act. It kind of have a hard time getting going, but it's more emotional and more family-oriented than its predecessor, although one of the main plots takes up too much time with the little payoff it has, and there's way too much Baby Groot that I actually grown tired of him. There were some forced jokes that fell flat, particularly sex-jokes and stuff like that. The villain was on par with other MCU villains, maybe done a little better here, and the movie really sets up so many possibilities for the Cosmic Universe going forward. The soundtrack is just as good as Vol. 1, although none of them are as catchy as "Hooked on a feeling..." to me. I loved the relationship between Gamora and Nebula.

And to whoever said the trailers has only shown 15 minutes of the starts of the movie is not true. The trailers definitely showed parts from act 3.

S-tier
1. Daredevil [S1]
2. Captain America: Civil War
3. Guardians of the Galaxy
4. Ant-Man
5. Iron Man

A-tier
6. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
7. Daredevil [S2]
8. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D [S2]
9. Doctor Strange
10. The Avengers
11. Thor

B-tier
12. Agent Carter [S2]
13. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
14. Captain America: The First Avenger

C-tier
15. Iron Fist [S1]
16. Luke Cage [S1]
17. Jessica Jones [S1]
18. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D [S3]
19. Iron Man 2
20. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D [S1]
21. Avengers: Age of Ultron
22. Iron Man 3

D-tier
23. The Incredible Hulk
24. Thor: The Dark World
25. Agent Carter [S1]

Pachimari

So what's the prevailing consensus right now in the GotG2 spoiler thread?

Hmm, it's a little mixed at the moment. It does look like it is scewing toward being a little worse than the original, having pacing problems, not as much variation, and some forced comedy, but it being more emotional and having more character development than the first one, and also having better action.

Yeah but you have Thor over Winter Soldier. I can't take your list seriously.

The Winter Soldier was a bore. Still is. Thor was a guilty pleasure of mine.

I mean come on, all of our lists will be different. I didn't post it for others to agree with me. And if you like another movie more than I do then so be it, it's all fine and dandy.

Vic_Viper

!! NO SPOILERS HERE !!

S-tier
1. Daredevil [S1]
2. Captain America: Civil War
3. Guardians of the Galaxy
4. Ant-Man
5. Iron Man

A-tier
6. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
7. Daredevil [S2]
8. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D [S2]
9. Doctor Strange
10. The Avengers
11. Thor

B-tier
12. Agent Carter [S2]
13. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
14. Captain America: The First Avenger

How could you rank Winter Soldier in the B tier!! Civil War and Winter Soldier should totally be switched in this ranking imo.

S-tier
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Iron Man
Daredevil Season 1
Agents of SHIELD Season 4

A-tier
Captain America: The First Avenger
Iron Man 3
Agents of SHIELD Season 2
Captain America: Civil War

B-tier
Guardians of the Galaxy
The Avengers
Daredevil Season 2
Luke Cage Season 1 (first half)

I don't give a shit
Everything else

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Hmm, it's a little mixed at the moment. It does look like it is scewing toward being a little worse than the original, having pacing problems, not as much variation, and some forced comedy, but it being more emotional and having more character development than the first one, and also having better action.
Welp. That means its gonna be pretty much disliked on GAF 😐

Oddly enough, this statement has convinced me more than any other review/impression that I'll end up liking Vol. 2 more than the first movie.

Neoxon

I mean, SHIELD Season 4 isn't done yet, but I can safely say that it's gonna go in the S-Tier of my MCU Tier List at this rate.

I like all of the movies. Heh.

On that note, I finally got the ones I was missing (Iron Man 1 and 2, Thor) this week, so now I have the whole Marvel Cinematic Universe collection! ...well, until the rest come out on Blu-ray. Hah.

The Winter Soldier was a bore. Still is. Thor was a guilty pleasure of mine.

I mean come on, all of our lists will be different. I didn't post it for others to agree with me. And if you like another movie more than I do then so be it, it's all fine and dandy.

…come on, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom