• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

Some more stuff, shows off the VR mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDKMd220epo

Looks like VR could be great for making little fight movies or montages.

Also, have they seriously completely removed the part-by-part hairstyle customization they had in the past two games? It looks like they still have the pieces, but you can only equip them in preset configurations.

I spotted Miguel's Tekken Tag 2 shirt, so that's something.

The latter half has a lot of story mode stuff, so be wary.

There are some HEFTY spoilers in that video. Spoilers for the story mode.

So Akuma bodies Hei, and somehow will do the same to Kaz before that fight is stopped.

I don't understand the point of Claudio/Quincy if Hei is stronger than him.

Jin's mission in 6 was so dumb. Didn't even work!

Is Kazumi still alive? I get the impression she's dead already.

So Akuma bodies Hei, and somehow will do the same to Kaz before that fight is stopped.

Claudio's powers are anti devil not anti Heihachi.

TIs Kazumi still alive? I get the impression she's dead already.

She's dead, and that's been known from the start. How's a ghost still doing stuff, that's what we don't know.

Neat detail, she wears a white kimono, right collar over the left. That's traditional clothes for deceased women.

cordy

Banned
Yeah I'm not gonna peep any spoilers, I'm just gonna stay away and see how things are. Waited this long, won't be hard.

AllenShrz

Too many spoilers

giphy.gif

Lren

Saw some of the spoilers before noping on out. Looking forward to giving the story mode a shot though because of it.

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
I watched a bit, but I figured I should myself be surprised when I played it.

It seems they've made a lot of cut-scenes, though. Should be interesting.

I really, REALLY hope customization has decals again, or they patch it in later like they did TTT2. It's pretty much the saving grace for this upper body/lower body style they're sticking with:

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

Still doesn't bode well for his inclusion though. Took a lot of the wind out of this new coverage for me. I was really hoping for one of the 3 Roger style characters (preferably one of the kangaroos 'cause I couldn't live without that db 1+2).

Gonna keep crossing my fingers for some more niche characters. I don't expect Wang or Ganryu, and now the Roger gang is looking dire. Lei is the only one left that seems possible. Maybe they'll add some more people post-launch... for now I'll just email Harada.

LowParry

Thanks guys for the well wishes.

TEKKEN TALK on Monday with MAXIMILIAN DOOD!

We get to talk about, show and go in depth on a lot of the stuff shown off in the latest trailer :D

Interesting choice there. I don't think Max is into 3D fighters as much? I'm really curious to see his approach with Tekken 7. And maybe see him stick with it buuuuuuuuuuuut, I suspect that's going to go to Injustice 2.

And Happy BDay MarkMan!

While the tournament mode seems awesome already, the only thing that could make it better for me is having matchmaking for that too.

Would be great to really feel that tournament Competition when you're fighting against people you've never played with before.

Playsage

I don't think she's going to appear in any event after her death.

Probably will have a couple of fights against Akuma and young Heihachi during story mode, with Heihachi vs. Kazumi being the final battle.

ibrahima

Banned
Really pleased with the amount of stuff coming out right now, shame about the Roger story shitting up the decent press from the mode / story trailer. Hope there's more sustained press between now and release, game looks clean as heck.

Pachimari

So is it possible for us to set up a private GAF tournament and play against each other in knockout stages?

And how many characters do we assume there's left to be revealed? 2 guest characters and 3 legacy ones?

And Happy BDay MarkMan!
It's my bday too weeee.

Spuck-uk

Banned
So is it possible for us to set up a private GAF tournament and play against each other in knockout stages?

And how many characters do we assume there's left to be revealed? 2 guest characters and 3 legacy ones?

It's my bday too weeee.

Yup, and it supports double elimination format!

Happy Birthday!

Pachimari

Right now I am bummed there's no Tekken Ball mode, and there's not even a Tekken Force one either, but I'm not bothered by there not being a Combot mode as I never really got to use it in Tag 2.

Right now I am bummed there's no Tekken Ball mode, and there's not even a Tekken Force one either, but I'm not bothered by there not being a Combot mode as I never really got to use it in Tag 2.

'A good tutorial' definitely doesn't mean something like the Combot stuff. It was a nice effort but not good at teaching Tekken.

Pachimari

'A good tutorial' definitely doesn't mean something like the Combot stuff. It was a nice effort but not good at teaching Tekken.

Oh yeah sure, I was just stating my thoughts on Combot mode not being in. I wouldn't miss it. I would rather want a more advanced or deeper Tutorial mode.

Its less stuff that's missing and more so just stuff that fits on someone's wishlist.

You could phrase it like that for -any- feature. Story mode, arcade mode, training mode, ability to play online, a large cast.. All 'wishlist' stuff. You can release a game without those things. You could spin it like that.

Orrrr you could realize the things i listed are in most/many modern fighting games but don't seem to be in T7, and that deserves mention.

Especially if the narrative is 'You'll have to wait a long time for this game but then it will be THE BEST.'

Pachimari

You could phrase it like that for -any- feature. Story mode, arcade mode, training mode, ability to play online, a large cast.. All 'wishlist' stuff. You can release a game without those things. You could spin it like that.

Orrrr you could realize the things i listed are in most/many modern fighting games but don't seem to be in T7, and that deserves mention.

Especially if the narrative is 'You'll have to wait a long time for this game but then it will be THE BEST.'
I appreciate the article. And I do agree, as I feel like the game could have more meat to it.

But I'll be fine with just the basic fights, as I'll be trying to get into the mechanics themselves this time.

Rajang

Akuma still hype to me.

Fuck the haters.

He is one of the few characters that's very free form in terms of combos, you can be very creative. Even though I have a lot of problems with Tag 2 I will miss how incredibly creative you could be with the combos.

But I'll be fine with just the basic fights, as I'll be trying to get into the mechanics themselves this time.

If the story modes are good and Treasure battle has a lot of neat different things, i think i'll be quite satisfied with the amount of content. T7 does have that whole customization system, which not every other game has.

I'm only worried about the online, tbh. It seems pretty bare-bones when compared with some other games. But we don't yet know what their lobbies look like.

Top Bottom