• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terra Battle 2 |OT| All Hail the Gooch

duckroll

vnNEvSV.jpg

Release Date: SEPTEMBER 21 2017

Get it here: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/terra-battle-2/id1259172369?mt=8
Or here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mistwalkercorp.terrabattle2

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8kPLr8wkec
Official Site: http://www.terrabattle2.com/en/

GAF Friend List (Quote to view):

dRDcUMZ.jpg

chrono01

PC release when.
PC will probably remain Japan-only, playable through DMM. DMM region-locks their games, but you might be able to play it through a proxy, although there might not be an option for English text. If it's anything like the PC version of TB1, once you start the client you can choose English and all data is sync'd between the different versions (PC and mobile) after you transfer your game data, but again nothing has been confirmed just yet.

I guess we'll know for sure within the next 24 hours or so.

Amneisac

I've enjoyed Terra Battle over the last month or so, even though I have very little idea what I'm doing. I'll definitely check this out.

Rixa

EU peasant here, need to get apk, but it should not be the problem. TB1 apk working fine, only downside might be getting updates later than via normal ways. But that is not a huge problem.

vareon

I'll try this though it's getting hard to juggle FEH and F/GO. I liked the first Terra Battle and stopped playing when my phone was broken.

chrono01

No, no. they mentioned PC release many times on official eng twitter.
Oh, I must have missed that. While I have no interest in playing it on the PC (outside of possibly claiming the campaign character I rolled in the Japan pre-registration gacha), I'm glad to hear that there will be an option for people like you. Sorry, I wish I had more information on the PC release date, but as you can see, I know very little in that regard.

I hope it's not too far off for you!

duckroll

No, no. They mentioned PC release many times on official eng twitter.

But so far it is true that it's only on DMM though. And the DMM site itself keeps reiterating that it is for Japanese residents only. Lots of conflicting info. I have codes to redeem which are exclusive to the DMM version though, so I sure hope I can use it at least.

Neol

Played the first game for a while and enjoyed it for the most part.

Kinda curious on how this is a sequel though. I can see they changed the battle system a bit with bigger maps? Also I'm assuming the story is a sequel or at least somewhat connected to the first game?

Azusa

OK I found the news about PC:

TxT3WZT.png

Soon. I hope.

Im using my phone mostly for FGO and wont have battery for another mobage most of the times.

linkent

Hope that this time they have weekly/biweekly update for the game.
The first one was great but the content draught is too long.
Did the Sakaguchi raid boss happened or only the arena boss for him? Think i quit then.

chrono01

Hope that this time they have weekly/biweekly update for the game.
The first one was great but the content draught is too long.
Apparently we'll be getting a new story chapter every single week, so hopefully content will be a regular thing.

Neol

How is Final Fantasy 2 a sequel?

Guess what I'm trying to say is how does this warrant a new game rather then building upon the first one.

Also hope some of the units in the first game are in this one. My boys Macuri and Olber carried me through harsh times.

OVDRobo

I was vaguely interested in the names associated with the first but wasn't really into the idea of mobile games at the time.

I've grabbed the APK since I can't find any hint of an EU release. Can't guarantee I'll stick around but I'll certainly give it a shot. The art's beautiful, at least.

Neol

How does FFXIV warrant a new game rather than building on FFXI?????

???????????

I understand your point I'm asking what is the new stuff lol

Other mobile games like Fate G/O and Granblue Fantasy continue to update and such with new content. What makes this game so different that they had to call it Terra Battle 2?

duckroll

I understand your point I'm asking what is the new stuff lol

Other mobile games like Fate G/O and Granblue Fantasy continue to update and such with new content. What makes this game so different that they had to call it Terra Battle 2?

Oh okay. Sorry, I thought starring at the Gooch's amazing face in the OP would be enough to convince anyway, but I guess some people need more.

Terra Battle 2 is a brand new story built ground up to have the Terra Battle experience but evolved beyond what the original game can handle. Instead of chapters being split into 10 disconnected episodes which are a series of battles, they want something more substantial, so now there's a full conceptualized world map, with each chapter of the game taking place in actual locations on the map. You move through a chapter on the map before you get into encounters that are like the original game's battle maps. This also allows them to create optional content and secrets on the actual chapter maps. The game will have 3 chapters at release, instead of the full 30 the original game had, and they will be releasing a new chapter every week like a TV series. This way, it gives them more of a buffer to sustain interest as they build more content and special events, instead of the terrible gap between release and the first substantial new wave of content in the original game.

The way characters are handled are also different. Instead of gacha for characters themselves, you gacha for characters who are "Guardians" you equip on story characters. This allows them to create story characters that everyone can have regardless of luck of the draw, and have story scenes where characters actually talk to each other instead of a narrator's voice carrying everything.

Rixa

Oh okay. Sorry, I thought starring at the Gooch's amazing face in the OP would be enough to convince anyway, but I guess some people need more.

Would you like to add whole text you wrote to OP? Iam fairly sure there are a lot of players who don't know TB1 or what kind of game it was and how TB2 will do things.

Neol

As much as I love the Gooch I'm very picky on what mobile games I play these days lol

Anyway thanks for the quick write up. Literally didn't realize this game came out till I saw this OT.

The story focused characters and weekly chapters sound pretty good to keep my attention. Always digged the overall atmosphere and world building of the first game even if it was somewhat depressing.

Downloaded and excited to finally play! I enjoyed the first game, but really liking some of the changes we've seen in the lead-up to release. I'm especially looking forward to play the story mode for this one.

Apparently we'll be getting a new story chapter every single week, so hopefully content will be a regular thing.

Yeah, IIRC they stated in one of the Mist-Talker episodes that it would be about 50 chapters long. So roughly a year of weekly content rollout planned, at least.

duckroll

Yeah, IIRC they stated in one of the Mist-Talker episodes that it would be about 50 chapters long. So roughly a year of weekly content rollout planned, at least.

Yup. The Famitsu issue I bought to get the DMM Guardian code confirms the initial story is planned for 50 chapters too.

Would you like to add whole text you wrote to OP? Iam fairly sure there are a lot of players who don't know TB1 or what kind of game it was and how TB2 will do things.

Maybe, I dunno, it might get in the way of people starring at the glory of the Gooch and Lord Nomura-sama... I'll think about it.

Azusa

If I remember correctly they changed gacha completely. Now you get all characters just playing the game.
There is only equipment gacha.

duckroll

If I remember correctly they changed gacha completely. Now you get all characters just playing the game.
There is only equipment gacha.

Not really accurate. Since the Guardians are basically characters complete with 3 jobs and recodes, they are just shifting the idea of a gacha character to a sub-character instead. It doesn't change the gameplay really, but it makes the story process easier to handle.

Kaname

Is it important to know the story of the first to enjoy this? I played it for a couple weeks but stopped after seeing how much catch up I had to do

Visceir

Is it important to know the story of the first to enjoy this? I played it for a couple weeks but stopped after seeing how much catch up I had to do

Completely different world and characters from the first one as fas as I know. You'll see similar designs but think of it more like how moogles/chocobos are recurring characters in FF.

The story of the first one was a hot mess that went completely bonkers from what I can remember. It's best to cut all ties to that.

Kaname

Completely different world and characters from the first one as fas as I know. You'll see similar designs but think of it more like how moogles/chocobos are recurring characters in FF.

The story of the first one was a hot mess that went completely bonkers from what I can remember. It's best to cut all ties to that.

lol fair enough.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
What ever happen to "console version" we suppose to get once the first game did well enough?

I wouldn't mind even we just get 3DS or Vita version as long they completely get rid of gacha system.

Rixa

Pre registration ended 19.9.17, not sure if everyone will get these, or only those +300k email adresses that preregged. At first in prereg they had system that you needed to have mailing software installed to be able to take part.

Later it was changed so that you could just slap email address (atleast I could do it so).

Here is 2.8.17 news about prereg and goals.
Prereg stuff said:
・10K: Normal Energy x 10
・20K: Bluebird
・30K: Normal Energy x 10
・40K: Field Item Set
・50K: Sarah's sword
・60K: 3,000 Ahn Coin
・70K: Normal Energy x 10
・80K: Khem's Staff
・90K: Anti-energy and Fores Seed
・100K: Golden Bird
・120K: Normal Energy x 10
・140K: Sarah's Garb
・160K: Pact of Resolve Ticket
・180K: Normal Energy x 10
・200K: Samatha
・300K: Guardian by Tetsuya Nomura

Energy in TB1 was used as premium gacha currency, I think it will be same in TB2.
One pull = 5 energy.

The latest release in Sakaguchi's Terra World series!

- Hybrid Style of Gameplay Combines a console-like RPG experience with the ease-of-play found in mobile games with intuitive touch based combat.

- Epic Storyline Experience a deep and emotional single-player story campaign that spans over 50 chapters.

- Brand New Co-op Raid Mode Take on a variety of epic bosses with up to 10 players in multiplayer co-op raid battles.

- Explore A Massive World Make your way through labyrinthine dungeons and dangerious lands using the new Field Map.

- Customize Your Party of Heroes Assemble your ultimate team from an ever growing roster of great characters.

Coop will (hopefully) be fun. Not sure if Discord channel is good to have.

chrono01

Pre registration ended 19.9.17, not sure if everyone will get these, or only those +300k email adresses that preregged. At first in prereg they had system that you needed to have mailing software installed to be able to take part.

Later it was changed so that you could just slap email address (atleast I could do it so).

Here is 2.8.17 news about prereg and goals.

Energy in TB1 was used as premium gacha currency, I think it will be same in TB2.
One pull = 5 energy.
I really hope it's one of those things that all accounts get. Having 50 energy just for starting means you can do a multi-pull right away, which would definitely help in re-rolling.

Yes, I'm already planning on re-rolling, since I have a feeling I won't be able to redeem the SS character from the Japanese pre-registration for the DMM version. It might be possible and if it is great, but I'm not counting on it. Better to prepare myself for heartbreak now.

Astery

The way characters are handled are also different. Instead of gacha for characters themselves, you gacha for characters who are "Guardians" you equip on story characters. This allows them to create story characters that everyone can have regardless of luck of the draw

I've played Terra Battle 1 for some time when it was released, and ultimately it's still a pay for gacha for best character/ equipment game once progressed enough to me. (Hence first rerolls for best character is still important)

I'm quite lost from your statement, can you tell me that if Terra Battle 2 is still pay for gacha to progress after a while?

Rixa

I really hope it's one of those things that all accounts get. Having 50 energy just for starting means you can do a multi-pull right away, which would definitely help in re-rolling.

Oh yeah, definitely rerolling. In TB1 difference between C / SS / Z units / equipments is huge. Not sure if Z is available from start in TB2.

chrono01

Oh yeah, definitely rerolling. In TB1 difference between C / SS / Z units / equipments is huge. Not sure if Z is available from start in TB2.
I believe they are or, at least, the SS characters (such as Hikari) can recode into it (given the screenshots/information shown so far).

MiTYH

In for a penny, in for a pound

I tried TB1 a bunch on mobile, but it never really "clicked". Here's hoping I get with it this time

Also, here's hoping we can link the japanese gacha pull thing that was going on. I doubt it but... never know

Caim

In for a penny, in for a pound

I tried TB1 a bunch on mobile, but it never really "clicked". Here's hoping I get with it this time

Also, here's hoping we can link the japanese gacha pull thing that was going on. I doubt it but... never know

They are in the process of preparing to send out the serial codes for the characters pulled on the igetgacha site.

I don't know if the DMM PC App is required, but you can use a VPN to start the download and then switch back to your own connection.

Amirnol

Does this one still require an internet connection at all times? Would love to play on the subway which is really my only time to play mobile games.

brad-t

Did not realize this was coming out so soon! Awesome. Wanted to get back into TB but decided to hold off once I saw TB2 was announced. Thanks duckroll!

qcf x2

Dang. I was playing Terra Battle in the early days, but around the time they added co-op it turned into a huge grind fest for me, so I deleted it. But if I can remember how to play, I think I'll jump on this.

Top Bottom