• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku Rumor: The Xbox 3's Code Name Is "Durango" [Crytek: Durango Meeting In London]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razgreez

It is a new type of hybrid fruit...?

Durian.jpg

+

mangoes_one-790760.JPG

as long as it doesnt have the smell, or taste, of the former

Nibel

Durango? Why not Mandingo?

Jokes aside, it's just a codename. However, they should call the console Natal. Natal was such an underappriciated name..

Coxy

Sounds more like the codename for the new consoles kinect. though maybe the entire thing is kinect centered

Gaspode_T

One reason project names are chosen to be common terms to make it hard to fish for information about that project...just try web searching for "Ice cream sandwich"

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
How can Kotaku have proper info on the name, and not get some technical details?

This actually isn't that implausible.

I mean, I don't need to tell you what a system's final specs are to tell you its codename and that it exists and thus you should plan for it.

saladine1

"Durango"
Dodge Durango
Dodge
Hemi
Hemi 426 Big Block Muscle Engine
Power
"Durango" is a power-house reminiscent of the old Hemi's.
I cracked it.

Cookychan

Banned
Natal was after the Brazilian city? Aww man, I always related it with the pregnancy term.
Anyhoo, durango sounds like a portmanteau of durian and mango.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
We have known the WiiU's actual release name for almost a year and don't have specs. The codename was also known beore it's annoucement.
Nintendo is actually experiencing some problems regarding the trademark Wii U, at least in Europe and North America, and rumours from a while back suggest that a name change is likely. You can find more info in the Wii U Speculation Thread 2: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=459256

As for this codename, well I think it sounds like a beverage. But it's also the name of a battleship operated by the Mexican navy: Buque Tipo Patrulla Oceanica Clase "Durango"

4311.jpg

monome

We have known the WiiU's actual release name for almost a year and don't have specs. The codename was also known beore it's annoucement.

WiiU was heard at E3, where some specs were given.

When the Project Café stuff was leaked it came with both name, ballpark power and the tablet thingy.

Someone who knows the codename probably works for a publisher and should have been able to gleen some specs or design choices.

I find it odd Kotaku posted the name without going back to their previously rumored specs whether backing them up or saying they're indeed unknown and well defended by MS ninjas.

And the name sucks.

Rösti;35187959 said:
But it's also the name of a battleship operated by the Mexican navy: Buque Tipo Patrulla Oceanica Clase "Durango"

Not only is that not a Battleship, but no country in the entire world operates Battleships, the last surviving vessel being retired in 1992.

Does this mean that the project lead is Mexican or a Coloradan? Or does the literal meaning relate to a foundational focus on being a hyper-connected media hub with gaming focus approach for the next XBOX?

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
Does this mean that the project lead is Mexican or a Coloradan? Or does the literal meaning relate to a foundational focus on being a hyper-connected media hub with gaming focus approach for the next XBOX?

It means it's going to be the console of choice for soccer moms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom